Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
ouija boards....
    #2011628 - 10/15/03 02:55 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

while tripping? what do ya think....man, that could be some weird shit :grin: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: ouija boards.... [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2011883 - 10/15/03 04:11 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

ouija boards is bullshit, and I don't like to play with bullshit things while tripping.

Do you believe in ouija?

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: ouija boards.... [Re: Annom]
    #2011912 - 10/15/03 04:20 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Ouija boards BS? I don't know man, I've experienced some really messed up stuff while playing around with ouija boards. I don't treat a ouija board as a game anymore, in fact I doubt i'll ever use one again.

Anyhow, to answer your question wrestler, to correctly use a ouija board your body is supposed to be free of all impurtities so spirits can properly convey their message through you. This means, no nicotene, alcohol or drugs of any nature. I don't know how much of that statment you should really take to heart. I mean most people think ouija boards are only for fun and not real. Perhaps shrooms will actually enhance your ability to communicate with spirits.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Re: ouija boards.... [Re: djd586]
    #2012229 - 10/15/03 05:44 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I mean most people think ouija boards are only for fun and not real.

true, ive messed around with em before, and had lots of fun, weather or not they actually "work" is not really important to me. i think that under the influence of shrooms it might be a little more intence/weird etc....

dont know, just a thought....maybe ill try it sometime in the near future. just wondering if anyone has really tryed it or not....

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

#2012252 - 10/15/03 05:50 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Do you believe in ouija?

to tell you the truth, im not really sure. i have messed with them numerous times, had some fun, but weather or not i was talking to spirits or not...?? anyway, ive tried it by myself a few times, with minimal effects...the cursor moved, but didnt really spell anything out or answer any of my questions. just made patterns out of the letters, like QWQ ERTERT DF DF ASD DSA shit like that, and would spiral around the board in circles and shit...it was pretty fun none-the-less :grin: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

InvisibleMilkVein
unsure
 User Gallery

Loc: total bullshit->
    #2012295 - 10/15/03 06:01 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i have like 2, and they freak me out.....i dont even use them....there up on the wal like a picture.....my mom was like "your not bring that thing into my house" when i was little so, i have always thought they were like the devil.....and that made them really cool to own to me...soo that is why i have 2, and not at my moms place...i love the original ones....i just need the pointer....teh only one i can find is the glow in the dark crap....i want the REAL ONE!

--------------------
I've been first and last
Look at how the time goes past.
But I'm all alone at last.
Rolling home to you.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: ouija boards.... [Re: MilkVein]
    #2012824 - 10/15/03 08:55 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

The one I have is a real one made of "enchanted" oak. At one point in my life I was really into the supernatural and my brother bought it for me for xmas. It's bueatiful but like I said I refuse to use it now. If you want to find a real one you can find some good ones over the net. Or find an occult shop around you... they typically have them.

--------------------

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Loc: In a spore
    #2012982 - 10/15/03 09:48 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

wrestler_az said:
while tripping? what do ya think....man, that could be some weird shit :grin: 

I dunno man, i would probably be like screw this fuckin game i wanna go outside and EXPLORE! thats just me though. 

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: ouija boards.... [Re: RespectTheFungus]
    #2013070 - 10/15/03 10:21 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

One time my friends and I played with a ouija board, then later that night, crazy shit happened in my house.  first a mechanical santa clause turned on downstairs, on its own, and stayed on after i flipped the switch and took out the batteries.  I threw it on the ground cause we were 12 years old and scared shitless, home alone, and it turned off.  Then later we heard a slide and a crash, but we were too scared to go downstairs.  Next day we find a snowglobe around 6 feet from its piece of furniture, shattered on the ground.  Fucking crazy.  I don't know what to think, I don't really believe in ghosts in that sense.  DMT elves and ancestors are another story entirely :grin:

--------------------

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: ouija boards.... [Re: Noviseer]
    #2013133 - 10/15/03 10:39 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

That's what I'm talking about Noviseer... crazy shit like that happened to me too.

--------------------

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
Re: ouija boards.... [Re: Noviseer]
    #2013142 - 10/15/03 10:42 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I don't want bad mojo creepin ruond my house when I'm wacked up on goof balls.

So long as it's not in my house it's cool though. I used to have an obsession with tripping in haunted houses and cemetarys.

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Re: ouija boards.... [Re: RespectTheFungus]
    #2013194 - 10/15/03 10:54 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i would probably be like screw this fuckin game i wanna go outside and EXPLORE

well sure, but i am just trying to think of something different to do while tripping. going outside exploring is a must for every trip, but i like to mix things up every now and then

--------------------
how's your WOW?

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #2014305 - 10/16/03 11:15 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

The movement of the planchette is not due to paranormal forces but to unnoticeable movements by those controlling the pointer, known as the ideomotor effect.

The ideomotor effect
The ideomotor effect refers to the influence of suggestion on involuntary and unconscious motor behavior. The term "ideomotor action" was coined by William B. Carpenter in 1852 in his explanation for the movements of rods and pendulums by dowsers, and some table turning or lifting by spirit mediums (the ones that weren't accomplished by cheating). Carpenter argued that muscular movement can be initiated by the mind independently of volition or emotions. We may not be aware of it, but suggestions can be made to the mind by others or by observations. Those suggestions can influence the mind and affect motor behavior.

Scientific tests by American psychologist William James, French chemist Michel Chevreul, English scientist Michael Faraday, and American psychologist Ray Hyman have demonstrated that many phenomena attributed to spiritual or paranormal forces, or to mysterious "energies," are actually due to ideomotor action. Furthermore, these tests demonstrate that "honest, intelligent people can unconsciously engage in muscular activity that is consistent with their expectations" (Hyman 1999). They also show that suggestions that can guide behavior can be given by subtle clues (Hyman 1977).

The movement of pointers on Ouija boards, of a facilitator's hands in facilitated communication, of hands and arms in applied kinesiology, and of some behaviors attributed to hypnotic suggestion, are due to ideomotor action. Ray Hyman (1999) has demonstrated the seductive influence of ideomotor action on medical quackery, where it has produced such appliances as the "Toftness Radiation Detector" (used by chiropractors) and "black boxes" used in medical radiesthesia and radionics (popular with naturopaths to harness "energy" used in diagnosis and healing.) Hyman also argues that such things as Qi Gong and "pulse diagnosis," popular in both Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ayurvedic medicine as practiced by Deepak Chopra, are best explained in terms of ideomotor action and require no supposition of mysterious energies such as chi.

http://skepdic.com/ouija.html

--------------------------------
Download Penn & Teller Bullshit - Ouija Boards / Near Death Experiences.

In this episode of Penn and Teller: Bullshit! they will take a look into the world of ouija boards and how people are fooled into thinking they are really contacting spirits. They show how easy it is to move it without realizing that you are the one doing it yourself! There are no spirits here!

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

#2014406 - 10/16/03 11:49 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I like to keep Satan out of my trips, thank you.

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Re: ouija boards.... [Re: OctopusDr]
    #2014705 - 10/16/03 01:23 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

hes my dad.... :devil: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

#2014722 - 10/16/03 01:26 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

good to know.....i still think it might be fun though :grin: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

#2014848 - 10/16/03 01:59 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

any shit can be fun while tripping... :smile:

--------------------

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: ouija boards.... [Re: ivi]
    #2015127 - 10/16/03 03:17 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Annom, being skeptical about the movement of the planchette is one, thing. I do believe that there is some subconscious root to the movment of the planchette. BUT, how do you explain the things that happen around you during and after playing with the ouija board? If it was just a pointer spelling out letter to form words I think I would still play around with it just for the hell of it... but from what I have experienced it's much more then just words being subconsciously spelled out. Things happen... Pictures fall off walls, door knob twitch, lights flicker... I kid you not. Ouija boards are evil. I don't care if you or anyone believes me or not.

--------------------

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: ouija boards.... [Re: djd586]
    #2015901 - 10/16/03 06:49 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Holy shit....I have to try one of these. Triping or not this sounds interesting. I have always wanted to play with one but my parents for some reason always said I could never buy one. But now that im older I have to get one.

Offlinethelox
Re: ouija boards.... [Re: Osker246]
    #2016192 - 10/16/03 08:10 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Check out a thread I posted about a year ago on the same topic.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...part=1&vc=1

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag