Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #2013290 - 10/15/03 11:26 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

No i WILL NOT think about that, you know, because if i do i might as well get my fucking gun and blow my brains out. Like i said we can better the system to make it work for us, we cant destroy it, its human nature, our children will just build it back up. Lets fight to make it a better cage for us and the future dont waste your fucking life thinking about all the wrong on the world that is not affecting you at the time. You are typing on a computer so im assuming you can afford some food to eat. Help those that the system is destroying dont waste time trying to destroy the system because that just means those people will continue to suffer.

--------------------

Edited by Spokesman (10/15/03 11:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: Spokesman]
    #2013291 - 10/15/03 11:26 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Spokesman said:
Give me proof that its "destroying" anything.

If you want proof it's smacking you in the face, proof is all around you. Like I said, it's clearcuts, its extinction, it's all the new diseases that are appearing. It's depression on the rise, it's the invention of "personality disorders" such as "oppositional defiance disorder" in order to contain and trivialize anyone that tries to break out... It's poverty, it's thousands of children starving to death after spending 18 hours a day stitching your nike's. It's kid's being forced into prostitution, it's rape, its the Exxon-Valdex oil spill destroying miles of coastline. It's all the lies, lies, lies and the emptiness we all run from. It's just that most of us run straight into the void instead of out of it.

There's proof. If you need the details pick up a book or do a google search.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

#2013304 - 10/15/03 11:32 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Oh ok, im sorry i was enjoying life, now that i think about it i am trapped in a wave of bliss that according to you guys is creating killing fields somewhere else so i guess i'll just go cry and blow myself up, i hope God forgives me for enjoying the rewards he game, i was so stupid. :nonono: 

--------------------

Offlineunderground
welcome to the underground

Loc: colorful colorado
Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: ]
    #2013309 - 10/15/03 11:34 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

JSlice said:
if you want to escape...walk into woods untill you will have no way of ever coming out. live there...in something that you built...live off the land. become an animal again. break yourself back down to the hunter gatherer level. Otherwise, your just complaining. For now, i will complain, i realize how weak i am. I see the cage around me, and i build strength day by day to leave it. I have grown to love to many things within it. If you really cant leave it all behind at least dont let it drag you down. You ranting sounds as though the weight of the civilized world is on your shoulders...i recommend you stop watching/reading the news. youd be suprised how much that helps. that and letting yourself be happy. if you hate your job...get one that you love. if you dont like to work, find a way to get payed to play. its all possible. if you can imagine it, it can be happen. there are only three things you really need to remember. Be a good person (to yourself, and to those in direct contact with you), kill greed, and induce enlightenment. A student told me that once...now i finally see that he was a teacher.

~J-Slice~

bullshit. you cant live without this society, and you know it. but why would you want to? there are great things these days. technology is a tool - use it how you will. along with rampant consumerism, environmental rape and systematic cultural extermination, we also have wonderful music, visual arts, and instant access to vast information. dont turn your back on the world. ACT!!! do what you can to clean up this place, preserve what wilderness is left, be kind to those around you, realize the many effects your actions have and live CONSCIOUSLY.

i get my news from BBC online. seems to be the least biased i have found. i like to know what is happening in the world, because knowledge is power. and if you dont know what is happening, how can you change it? ignorance may be bliss, but to live a life fully realized is divine...

enough ranting. i'm tired.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #2013312 - 10/15/03 11:36 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

No one asked you do do that  :smirk:

All I'm asking is that you try and spread the message. Don't act crazy or ruin your life. That's stupid. This may take many years. Some of us may not see the fruits of our labours.

If you educate your children properly, you have helped the human race. If you try to become a better person yourself, you have helped the human race.

It's not asking much, really  :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: trendal]
    #2013343 - 10/15/03 11:46 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Trendal, in all seriousness i do agree with you. I was just trying to prove that we cant get all pessamistic about the cage because that was the original feeling i got when i read this thread, I am aware and im going to make sure my children are aware. But it just sounded like alot of these guys wanted us to stare at the bars and cry. when society is really not all that bad. Imagine if the wrold didnt have a place like the U.S. I grew up in a common wealth that can be compared to a third world country, belive me i seen the killings in front of me i seen a corrupted system of Cops and goverment figures who buy and sell drugs. I seen honest people fall victim to the system but life is all about comming up out of that and we can do it within the cage if we escape the cage we cant help the people inside. Lets let people know but lets not strap up a bomb and run up in the white house either, atleast the system allows us to help others. If that was the original message then i apoligize for the mockery. But if someone is happy in the cage we shouldnt call him a killer neither because these feeling are showing me that you are more trapped than all of us. Peace.

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: trendal]
    #2013363 - 10/15/03 11:53 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Good point there Trendal...

You know spokesman, I'm really enjoying life too. Life is fantastically beautiful! I do things just for myself rather often... put my stereo on full blast and dance frantically around my room, smoke pot just for the hell of it, write silly letters to my boyfriend while he's still asleep beside me.

We owe it to life to enjoy our senses, but we also owe it to life to fully appreciate and understand where all our pleasures come from, and to say no thanks to the pleasures that require the immense suffering of others. Saying no to the pleasures that are built on suffering doesn't narrow the field of options all that much, there is so much beauty to experience that we don't need to exploit in order to fill ourselves. And hey, it'd also be great if all of us could do a few small things now and again to help alleviate the suffering of others. Chose whatever method you see fit, there are millions.

I myself chose to do whatever I can think of to create alternatives, to create ways of living that are not dependant on our network of violence and oppression. We all play our part in this, and no we can't "smash the system" if we don't have any other way of surviving. So lets start building ways of living that are way more satisfying as well as being sustainable and non-exploitive!

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

#2013379 - 10/15/03 11:58 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

If your having trouble understanding my previous views on the subject i sugest you scroll up and read the original Thread posted because this thread has slowly changed its context. I was just trying to aproach the subject with the same amount of energy that mitch was expressing his views. Im sorry if i seemed a bit TOO optimistic.

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#2013405 - 10/16/03 12:07 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Ok, I think that we both probably made a few assumptions about the views of the other. I apologize for jumping to conclusions, I just get so tired of people retreating into thier own sensory stimulation while ignoring how they add to the problems. I've seen this so much in the people around me that I've gotten tired of staying quiet about it.

I'm optimistic, but I think it's important to realize just how much we need to change, it does us no good to sit back and relax while the world continues on it's death march. If we do nothing we're heading for self destruction, so we all owe it to ourselves to do what we can and stay hopeful.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

#2013434 - 10/16/03 12:21 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I think that alot of people have trouble doing something about the world because of all the prophecies of destruction. IMO alot of people think its ment to be or we're gonna get destroyed anyway. Some go to sleep happy just knowing that they prayed for the world but do nothing to help it, and some just complain and complain and bring us that are trying to help with a smile down.

--------------------

Offlinemoogle

#2013455 - 10/16/03 12:33 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Spokesman said:
i can ignore people like you, smoke a blunt, play some videogames, make some wonderful music with my friends while my vibes on the beats, and fuck some decent looking girls at night and thank whoever put me on this cage.... Hmmm, not a tough choice at all.

Keeping the frog content, as it's "bath water" slowly heats...

--------------------
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

-- Herbert Spencer

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: moogle]
    #2013520 - 10/16/03 01:06 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Ok enough Quoting me!!

--------------------

Offlinemoogle

#2013537 - 10/16/03 01:11 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Spokesman said:
Ok enough Quoting me!!

*ribbit*

--------------------
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

-- Herbert Spencer

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#2013539 - 10/16/03 01:12 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Moogle, have you read Daniel Quinn? He uses the boiling frog analogy in one of his books and his subject matter is right in line with this thread...

I'm a fan of his books, a bigger fan of Derrick Jensen who comes from a similar perspective but goes far far deeper into the subject matter.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

#2013564 - 10/16/03 01:18 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Bad enough i have Christianity on my ass telling me im going to burn in hell i dont need someone else telling me im going to suffer a boiling death for giving in to my Natural erges. You guys will make anyone feel guilty. Oh Well i live my life i make people happy i help people i share my teaching with others and vote green party all the way. I feel comftorble and feel like i deserve what i enjoy. If anyone disagrees then you pull your hair out trying to find a way to beat the system, im sure You well get rewarded in some kind of after-life. Im going to go boil and burn in eaternal fire now,pray for me. PEACE AND LOVE!!!

--------------------

Offlinemoogle

#2013677 - 10/16/03 02:40 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I condemn you to a life of peace, dude :mushroom2: 

--------------------

-- Herbert Spencer

Offlinemoogle

#2013681 - 10/16/03 02:43 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not familiar with them, but I've heard the boiling frog metaphor numerous times, so I doubt it's limited to those two authors. The strongest weapon against darkness is light; spread the love as far as possible.

--------------------

-- Herbert Spencer

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

#2014257 - 10/16/03 10:54 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

NiamhNyx said:
We all play our part in this, and no we can't "smash the system" if we don't have any other way of surviving.

Great thread :thumbup:, just thought Id clip part of your post and comment on it. You say things Im too lazy or dumb to say properly NiamhNyx.

I guess we sort of all know that we cant escape this cage and if we do manage, it may be considered something along the lines of insanity and then it really cant be considered escape after all. IMHO I sort of always knew this, its sometimes hard to make a conscious thought that we're conscious and yet we dont have the means to set reality and/or everything straight, ie; a heaven, but theres one possible place you can escape (you dont have to consider it escaping, transitioning is just as good), but NOT pretend reality doesnt exist, but ignore it in your weaker times, its your mind and its the only reality/tool you got, belief and hope are the best mindsets around and possibly the ONLY mindsets you can choose without going insane.

The best advice I can give for the "constant struggling mind" is try and make most with what you got simply put. Use the only and best tools you have, logic, I know it isnt black and white for some but we do have the ability to percieve things in different ways, and this seems to be our only "escape" from pain, our will and ability to choose certain things. Its obviouse we were given or simply HAVE an escape route, its logic, our ability to know that drinking battery acid is bad but drinking juice is good.

There is light at the end of the tunnel, its just cluttered with alot of crap along the way, our only choice is to make things better and try to enjoy the struggle of it all, because for now, in this reality there is no heaven we can jump into, no easy escape route. So work with what you got.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: Mitchnast]
    #2014639 - 10/16/03 01:05 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I dont wanna wake the fuck up!
Lemme fuckin sleep in!
ahh...-dreams of xrated dreams with Vida Guerra-

aw damnit now I gotta wake up to take a piss...
fuck.
:smirk: 

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2014825 - 10/16/03 01:53 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

We can't just abandon our cage without any other way of living, but the thing is... we can start putting into place new ways of living now! We can start creating better options. We can't just point out whats wrong without having solutions, but there are solutions available if only we take the time to consider them and put the effort into making them real.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom