Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBigPete1999
GardenerExtraordinaire
 User Gallery
Colloidal Silver trial.
    #20141751 - 06/16/14 08:51 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

So I decided to do a colloidal silver trial.
I whipped up a large batch (true colloidal silver, not simply ionic silver like most generators make).

Anyways, long story short, it didn't work.
I rinsed bird seed like always. After that, I soaked it in 100% pure colloidal silver.
Much to my surprise, the next day, mold started growing on a few seeds that were popping out of the top. I had enough colloidal silver to cover them by a good 1/2" (sure, I could have used more). By the next day (actually, about 30 hours), the seed had soaked up enough that there were 6 seeds barely popping out of the silver.
Anyways, those seeds appeared to have sprouted and molded.

So.... epic fail. Colloidal silver simply doesn't work.
For those saying that I should have covered it with more and maybe that would have worked, let me state this... The reason to use colloidal silver would be to cut down contamination. So if it were to work, then it would have worked on the ones popping out. It didn't, so there is no reason to re-try with them under 1" of silver, because if it can't prevent mold while in the bath, then there is no hope that it will be of any use after boiling it and putting it in a jar.

Pitty. I had such high hopes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMastaBlastar
Ruler Of Barter Town

Loc: Barter Town, AUS
Re: Colloidal Silver trial. [Re: BigPete1999]
    #20141818 - 06/16/14 09:02 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I would see the colloidal silver as an anti fungal.

--------------------
Everything I have said, may say, will say, am thinking about saying and/or thinking/typing/dreaming/writing is in all likelyhood made up and has no factual basis in reality whatsoever, and is likely all plagiarized and copy pasted straight from someone else, so get mad at them .  Just a warning

Invisibleavorg
Quixotic
Folding@home Statistics
    #20141834 - 06/16/14 09:05 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Just out of curiosity, where did you hear that colloidal silver cuts down on contams? I've heard of copper and gold being anti-bacterial, but not silver(to my knowledge). Keep in mind that anti-bacterial doesn't mean anti-fungal.

OfflineMastaBlastar
Ruler Of Barter Town

Re: Colloidal Silver trial. [Re: avorg]
    #20141870 - 06/16/14 09:12 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Yes I find all over it being touted as an anti fungal anti viral and antibacterial.  I also find stuff saying its more harmful than helpful, but that's because you can get silver poisoning if you take too much in a person.  As an additive in  grain I imagine it just kills the spores.

--------------------
Everything I have said, may say, will say, am thinking about saying and/or thinking/typing/dreaming/writing is in all likelyhood made up and has no factual basis in reality whatsoever, and is likely all plagiarized and copy pasted straight from someone else, so get mad at them .  Just a warning

OfflineMastaBlastar
Ruler Of Barter Town

#20141882 - 06/16/14 09:13 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

avorg said:
Just out of curiosity, where did you hear that colloidal silver cuts down on contams? I've heard of copper and gold being anti-bacterial, but not silver(to my knowledge). Keep in mind that anti-bacterial doesn't mean anti-fungal.

GOOGLE

--------------------

Invisibleavorg
Quixotic
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Colloidal Silver trial. [Re: MastaBlastar]
    #20141945 - 06/16/14 09:24 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Searched "colloidal silver mushroom contaminants," didn't see anything relevant. That wasn't directed at you BTW. :shrug:

OfflineMastaBlastar
Ruler Of Barter Town

#20142010 - 06/16/14 09:37 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

avorg said:
Searched "colloidal silver mushroom contaminants," didn't see anything relevant. That wasn't directed at you BTW. :shrug:

I was just answering your question and just searching "colloidal silver" wil give you the answer.  It's listed all over as an anti fungal/bacterial/viral so it will get rid of all contaminates, including the spores and myc we want.

--------------------

OfflineBigPete1999
GardenerExtraordinaire
 User Gallery
Re: Colloidal Silver trial. [Re: MastaBlastar]
    #20143402 - 06/17/14 05:42 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

avorg said:

Its because colloidal silver is suppose to be an amazing anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal. Put a teaspoon in an unrefrigerated glass of milk, and after a month, it's still safe to drink. Put some in murky pond water, and it's safe to drink.

Personally, I've used it for things like spider bites, ear infections, nebulized it for pneumonia. My mom uses it for allergies and asthma.
You don't get poisoning from it like some say. Who knows what they're agenda is by saying that. Oh, and hospitals use it in burn creams. When they started using silver in their burn creams, victims started living at a much higher rate than before because their wounds stopped getting infected.

Anyways, I know I'm in "wall of text" territory already, but colloidal silver SHOULD be a powerful agent in keeping bacteria contams down. Sure it's also an anti-fungal, but you never know what fungi it kills (or what specific bacteria it kills such as strains of single cell or what). Last I checked, nobody had cubes growing off their foot, so even though colloidal silver kills foot fungus, it might not kill cube fungus :wink: Then again, just because it kills whatever might grow in milk or in pond water doesn't mean it would kill whatever would grow on our substrates, hence why it was an experiment to see its effectiveness, of which it failed to get past the soaking phase. Unless anyone can see any reason to try again, I'm going to say that the chapter on Colloidal Silver has been written and that book is closed.

Edited by BigPete1999 (06/17/14 05:46 AM)

OfflinePussyFart
Retired Cultivation Extrodinaire
Male

Loc: Orbiting Earth
Trusted Cultivator
    #20143412 - 06/17/14 05:44 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

BigPete1999 said:
Its because colloidal silver is suppose to be an amazing anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal. Put a teaspoon in an unrefrigerated glass of milk, and after a month, it's still safe to drink.

Alternatively you could just freeze a gallon of milk for a month.....it will be safe to drink.....lol.

Ok im done.....That's all I got lol.

Edited by PussyFart (06/17/14 05:45 AM)

OfflineBigPete1999
GardenerExtraordinaire
 User Gallery
Re: Colloidal Silver trial. [Re: PussyFart]
    #20143431 - 06/17/14 05:54 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

hahaha
If only freezing our myc was a viable way to have it grow contam free. :tongue2:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom