Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Bridgetown Botanicals Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: Iraq is going down in flames..... [Re: qman]
    #20144518 - 06/17/14 11:40 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Of course.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLuddite
I watch Fox News
 User Gallery

Re: Iraq is going down in flames..... [Re: starfire_xes]
    #20145208 - 06/17/14 02:55 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

If Iraqi oil goes off line, $200 oil is next
Opinion: Saudi Arabia unlikely to be able to fill gap left by wider war
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/if-iraqi-oil-goes-off-line-200-oil-is-next-2014-06-17

Dominic Lawson: Democrat fingerprints are all over the financial crisis
http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/dominic-lawson/dominic-lawson-democrat-fingerprints-are-all-over-the-financial-crisis-949653.html

How the Democrats Created the Financial Crisis: Kevin Hassett
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aSKSoiNbnQY0

Democrat Quotes on Iraq Weapons of Mass Destruction

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country.
Poison gas and biological weapons were found in Iraq. Sadam used poison gas on the Kurds and against Iran."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
-- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
-- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

--------------------------------------------------

OfflineSmokey420
Male User Gallery

Re: Iraq is going down in flames..... [Re: Luddite]
    #20145349 - 06/17/14 03:33 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Anyone who posts links from the Bloomberg site; obviously has no credibility. :doublefacepalm:

--------------------
Workers of Shroomery Unite!

Warning: Everything I say is possibly a work of fiction.
Fuck you NSA

InvisibleLuddite
I watch Fox News
 User Gallery

Re: Iraq is going down in flames..... [Re: Smokey420]
    #20148356 - 06/18/14 03:44 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Anyone who calls himself Smokey420 has no credibility.

The Collapsing Obama Doctrine
Rarely has a U.S. president been so wrong about so much at the expense of so many.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/dick-cheney-and-liz-cheney-the-collapsing-obama-doctrine-1403046522?mod=Opinion_newsreel_1

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#20148917 - 06/18/14 08:39 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Do you have any opinions of your own?

Or can we replace you with a random news generator script?

--------------------

OfflineSmokey420
Male User Gallery

#20148993 - 06/18/14 08:58 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Luddite said:
Anyone who calls himself Smokey420 has no credibility.

Rarely has a U.S. president been so wrong about so much at the expense of so many.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/dick-cheney-and-liz-cheney-the-collapsing-obama-doctrine-1403046522?mod=Opinion_newsreel_1

Yeah because calling yourself Luddite is so much cooler :jimmies:
IS that your usual response when someone questions your source of information?

--------------------

Fuck you NSA

Edited by Smokey420 (06/18/14 09:14 AM)

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas with all the assho...
Re: Iraq is going down in flames..... [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #20151326 - 06/18/14 07:19 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
If only there was some moderate government in Iraq that kept Sunni radicals at bay, wait no we ended that.

:rofl2:  Ain't that the truth.

Yea, the moderate government was Hussein, who carried out genocide on 100,000 Kurds.  So the US solution was an invasion that cost 1/2 million or more lives.  :smirk:  Way to go~!

But the point is we shouldn't have stuck our noses in that shithole anyway.

By the way, that hated right-wing lune, Glen Beck, predicted this exact scenario in early 2011.  He was ridiculed by both the left and right. 

The thing is, it doesn't matter what we do in that neck of the woods.  The goal is an oppressive, Mullah-led Theocracy for all.  It's coming no matter what we do.

The best thing is to let the religious nuts go crazy.  They will eventually step on Israel the wrong way, and then the Islamic world will exist no more.

--------------------

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

#20151333 - 06/18/14 07:22 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Oh, by the way, I've heard 'a few hundred special forces as advisers' who 'aren't really boots on the ground' and 'maybe more arms and aircraft....'  blah blah blah.

I have to agree with Glenn Beck at this point.  Not one more American soldier, dollar, airplane, or gun should be lost in Iraq.  It's over.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
    #20151487 - 06/18/14 07:52 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

starfire_xes said:
Yea, the moderate government was Hussein, who carried out genocide on 100,000 Kurds.

That was under Reagan when we liked Hussein.  :shrug:

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Iraq is going down in flames..... [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #20151494 - 06/18/14 07:54 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

starfire_xes said:
Yea, the moderate government was Hussein, who carried out genocide on 100,000 Kurds.

Moreover, Bush Sr. and the rest of the CIA gave him the fucking weapons he used on the Kurds to attack Iran (because they decided their oil was indeed theirs).

--------------------

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Re: Iraq is going down in flames..... [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #20151512 - 06/18/14 07:57 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

starfire_xes said:

Moreover, Bush Sr. and the rest of the CIA gave him the fucking weapons he used on the Kurds to attack Iran (because they decided their oil was indeed theirs).

They gave him sarin nerve gas and mustard gas????? 

But you are right, we supported a tyrant and that's our fault.

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#20151617 - 06/18/14 08:16 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

starfire_xes said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

starfire_xes said:

They gave him sarin nerve gas and mustard gas????? 

But you are right, we supported a tyrant and that's our fault.

It's not been proven that we literally gave him chemical weapons, but he did receive permission from us to use them against Iran, as well as the millions in other weapons we funneled to him.

http://reason.com/blog/2013/08/26/declassified-cia-documents-reveal-us-hel

--------------------

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

#20151651 - 06/18/14 08:21 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Whatever I say at this point, stay the fuck out.  Let the Sunnis and Shiites kill each other.  They've been at it for hundreds of years and you can't fix stupid.

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#20151678 - 06/18/14 08:26 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

starfire_xes said:
Whatever I say at this point, stay the fuck out.  Let the Sunnis and Shiites kill each other.  They've been at it for hundreds of years and you can't fix stupid.

sectarian violence is so fucking retarded.

Our little quagmire is that we support the Saudis (who support ISIS), but we're against ISIS in Iraq, but we're also against Iran who's against ISIS, but we're also supporting ISIS in Syria. Now Qatar is getting mad at us, and it's only a matter of time before Israel decides it's gonna pour some gas on the fire.

We thought Ukraine was going to be a fucked situation, there's not enough popcorn on the world for what's going to happen in the Middle East.

--------------------

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

#20152499 - 06/18/14 10:50 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

starfire_xes said:

sectarian violence is so fucking retarded.

Our little quagmire is that we support the Saudis (who support ISIS), but we're against ISIS in Iraq, but we're also against Iran who's against ISIS, but we're also supporting ISIS in Syria. Now Qatar is getting mad at us, and it's only a matter of time before Israel decides it's gonna pour some gas on the fire.

We thought Ukraine was going to be a fucked situation, there's not enough popcorn on the world for what's going to happen in the Middle East.

It started snowing here in san diego.  We agree.  :smirk:

--------------------

InvisibleLuddite
I watch Fox News
 User Gallery

#20153316 - 06/19/14 03:25 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

If Iraqi oil goes off line, $200 oil is next
Opinion: Saudi Arabia unlikely to be able to fill gap left by wider war
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/if-iraqi-oil-goes-off-line-200-oil-is-next-2014-06-17

Dominic Lawson: Democrat fingerprints are all over the financial crisis
http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/dominic-lawson/dominic-lawson-democrat-fingerprints-are-all-over-the-financial-crisis-949653.html

How the Democrats Created the Financial Crisis: Kevin Hassett
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aSKSoiNbnQY0

Democrat Quotes on Iraq Weapons of Mass Destruction

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country.
Poison gas and biological weapons were found in Iraq. Sadam used poison gas on the Kurds and against Iran."

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
-- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
-- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

--------------------------------------------------

Edited by Luddite (06/19/14 03:27 AM)

InvisibleLuddite
I watch Fox News
 User Gallery

#20153317 - 06/19/14 03:26 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#20153473 - 06/19/14 05:58 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

LOL.

An Op Ed by Dick Cheney about Obama's foreign policy failures.

:hahthatsrich:

--------------------

Offlinesweeper54
Male User Gallery

#20153582 - 06/19/14 06:29 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
LOL.

An Op Ed by Dick Cheney about Obama's foreign policy failures.

:hahthatsrich:

That so unfair of you. The prince of Darkness got it right on Iraq.

“I would guess if we had gone in there, I would still have forces in Baghdad today. We’d be running the country. We would not have been able to get everybody out and bring everybody home.
“And the final point that I think needs to be made is this question of casualties. I don’t think you could have done all of that without significant additional U.S. casualties. And while everybody was tremendously impressed with the low cost of the (1991) conflict, for the 146 Americans who were killed in action and for their families, it wasn’t a cheap war.
“And the question in my mind is how many additional American casualties is Saddam (Hussein) worth? And the answer is not that damned many. So, I think we got it right, both when we decided to expel him from Kuwait, but also when the president made the decision that we’d achieved our objectives and we were not going to go get bogged down in the problems of trying to take over and govern Iraq.”

In 1992

OfflineSmokey420
Male User Gallery

Re: Iraq is going down in flames..... [Re: sweeper54]
    #20154857 - 06/19/14 11:43 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Dick Chaney belongs in a cage.

--------------------

Fuck you NSA

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Bridgetown Botanicals Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals