Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Invitro shrooms w/ minimal light exposure
    #2011671 - 10/15/03 03:06 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I have 6 jars of rye flour/vermiculite substrate colonizing with gulf coast cubies that have gone invitro on me. I have been able to maintain discipline with this batch and have only checked them once a week for three weeks. So the schedule goes:
Week 1 - nice rhyzomorphic colonization starting. Temp. 80F
Week 2 - 70% colonization noticed on all jars. Temp. 80F
Week 3 - colonization still not complete but invitro mushrooms are found in all jars. Temp. 80F

That's only three brief light exposures seven days apart and no change in temperature. It seems very odd to me as I have exposed other batches three or four times daily because I just couldn't stop looking in on them and none of my others ever did anything more than pin invitro. These shrooms are from a half an inch to three inches already and growing around the jar.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestonerreakinghavoc
Shroom seeker
Loc: Colorado
Re: Invitro shrooms w/ minimal light exposure [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2011876 - 10/15/03 04:10 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

invitro is caused by light, you checking them four times a day did this.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Re: Invitro shrooms w/ minimal light exposure [Re: stonerreakinghavoc]
    #2011927 - 10/15/03 04:25 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

You misread my post. I said that I used to check jars three or four times a day without causing invitro shrooms, but on this particular venture I have maintained discipline and only checked them three times in three weeks seven days apart.

The jars that have gone invitro, did so in complete darkness with the exception of about 9 min. total light exposure over a period of three weeks.

The main difference is that I'm using rye flour instead of brown rice flour. Could this have anything to do with this phenomenon?

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Edited by Ekstaza (10/15/03 04:31 PM)

Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

#2012005 - 10/15/03 04:47 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

looking at your jars a few times should not cause this. Check to make sure no light is seeping in your incubatore. Are you having sucess with rye flour?

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

OfflineSmaug
 User Gallery
Re: Invitro shrooms w/ minimal light exposure [Re: thisone]
    #2012330 - 10/15/03 06:14 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Apparently he is. Once they start there's not much u can do to stop it, why not try invitro tek? Either that or just wait it out til 100% colonization and birth.

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
Re: Invitro shrooms w/ minimal light exposure [Re: Smaug]
    #2012380 - 10/15/03 06:30 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

invitro sounds pretty good, im getting some spores in a week or so and if i get my hands on a digital camera by then ill make a grow log :smile:

--------------------

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Re: Invitro shrooms w/ minimal light exposure [Re: abhi]
    #2012759 - 10/15/03 08:24 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

thisone - I am possitive that no light can enter my incubation area. That is the reason for this post. I find it interesting that pinning was initiated with such low light exposure.
Rye flour instead of brown rice flour has in my case proven to promote extremely vigorous rhizomorphic growth. I've never seen rhizomophic grow like this on any of my brf projects. I am very pleased with rye flour and do not anticipate ever using brf again, if I continue to use the PF tek. I am mostly concentrating on using millet and other grains now, but occationally go back to PF just to make use of my 1/2 pint jars when I'm bored.

Smaug - I originally was going to case those jars, but now that they have gone invitro I see no reason not to let them continue. I may still, however, harvest the shrooms once full colonization has occured and case the remains.

--------------------

Edited by Ekstaza (10/15/03 09:39 PM)

OfflineSmaug
 User Gallery
    #2012806 - 10/15/03 08:49 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I think you're headed the right way now.

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: Invitro shrooms w/ minimal light exposure [Re: Smaug]
    #2012910 - 10/15/03 09:27 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

A bulk casing just did this to me right as it wrapped up colonizing.  I guess sometimes you get an extremely aggressive patch.  Not a bad thing eh  :grin:.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale