Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Powell lies finally coming out in mainstream media
    #2009711 - 10/14/03 11:12 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Article
The person responsible for analyzing the Iraqi weapons threat for Colin Powell says the Secretary of State misinformed Americans during his speech at the U.N. last winter.

Greg Thielmann tells Correspondent Scott Pelley that at the time of Powell?s speech, Iraq didn?t pose an imminent threat to anyone ? not even its own neighbors. ??I think my conclusion [about Powell?s speech] now is that it?s probably one of the low points in his long distinguished service to the nation,? says Thielmann.

Thielmann also tells Pelley that he believes the decision to go to war was made first and then the intelligence was interpreted to fit that conclusion. ??The main problem was that the senior administration officials have what I call faith-based intelligence,? says Thielmann.
?They knew what they wanted the intelligence to show. They were really blind and deaf to any kind of countervailing information the intelligence community would produce. I would assign some blame to the intelligence community and most of the blame to the senior administration officials.?

Steve Allinson and a dozen other U.N. inspectors in Iraq also watched Powell?s speech. ?Various people would laugh at various times [during Powell?s speech] because the information he was presenting was just, you know, didn't mean anything -- had no meaning,? says Allinson.

Pelley asks, ?When the Secretary finished the speech, you and the other inspectors turned to each other and said what?? Allinson responds, ??They have nothing.??

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Powell lies finally coming out in mainstream media [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #2009846 - 10/14/03 11:33 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

here comes the liberal media!!!1

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion