Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewacked
Ylide
 User Gallery
Loc: Hawaii
I dont Understand Cy scrapers
    #2009425 - 10/14/03 09:41 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Man I just cant understand what happened. I found some Cys last week and returned today to see how they are doing. They were growing in public place. When I arrived I couldnt believe that someone had come through it looked like with a shovel and scraped the mycellium up off the bed and ruined the patch. Maybe they wanted to transplant it or something or spread it around. I dont know I have always tried to walk softly upon the earth and let things be except to enjoy the fruits. But wouldnt it be better to leave things as is they are? I dont have a problem with someone finding the shrooms also but to scrape up the mycellium with a shovel is a little extreme. I always try to leave the bed as pristine as possible and cut the shrooms with scissors taking my time to not step on anything and only take mature fruits and leave the pins. There was a huge potential to get over a thousand fruits out of it throughotu the fall but now nothing. Would it really be more beneficial to get the mycellium out of it and spread around for future generations or leave it be? Why would someone need to get all the mycellium and not just a chunk of it?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: I dont Understand Cy scrapers [Re: wacked]
    #2009481 - 10/14/03 10:01 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

You found someone elses favorite spot, heh.  I had pretty much the same thing happen to me last season after I harvested a really nice patch.  Someone came, took a whole bunch of the colonized mulch and relocated it to some other bushes nearby, but it wasn't hidden very well, I found it without much trouble since I had been hunting there also.  Both the transplanted mulch and the main patch it was pulled out of fruited again that season, but probably not as well as they could have.  Was easily the nicest patch I've ever found.  Some people are just sore losers it seems :smirk:.  They even spelled "F U" in the dirt through the big patch when it happened to me, hehe, was funny in a sad, bad karma kinda way I guess :cool:.

DH

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: I dont Understand Cy scrapers [Re: spores]
    #2009519 - 10/14/03 10:16 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i've had the largest A. campestris spot i've ever found completely distrowed by disrespectful people. it's a bumer, but one we have to live with. it's frusterating as all hell.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinewacked
Ylide
 User Gallery
Loc: Hawaii
Re: I dont Understand Cy scrapers [Re: canid]
    #2010285 - 10/15/03 02:08 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I heard that at the Arboritum they have dug up large patches of areas of potential shroom beds because I guess they (park people) are pissed off at the all the pickers coming over and messing up the land and stuff. It is really getting out of hand here in Seattle. I dont know if the kids are actually messing up the plants and stuff. I havnt seen that. I have only seen a bunch of people walking around slowly looking at the ground. It is quite obvious what they are doing though. There must be a way to reinform the park people about the misinformation they have about the mushrooms.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #2010500 - 10/15/03 03:25 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

because I guess they (park people) are pissed off at the all the pickers coming over and messing up the land and stuff.

if true, this is rather ironic...

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlineazurescen
meanderinemushie muncher
Loc: bellingham wa
Re: I dont Understand Cy scrapers [Re: canid]
    #2016111 - 10/16/03 09:51 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

seems to be what we have to deal with. Its almost not even worth going to the spots everyone and their dog hit. gotta find your own secret spots. hehe

--------------------
if the sign says dont pick the mushrooms, you should probably pick them

InvisibleStymee
From here to reality.
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #2016297 - 10/16/03 10:45 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I was at the Arboretum a couple weeks ago. I saw 4 mushroom hunters there. I think I'm done with that place. Too much competition...

Offlineazurescen
meanderinemushie muncher
Loc: bellingham wa
Re: I dont Understand Cy scrapers [Re: Stymee]
    #2016440 - 10/16/03 11:42 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I know there are spots in the arboretum that NOONE finds except me. there is a secret spot out there for you man you just gotta find it.

--------------------
if the sign says dont pick the mushrooms, you should probably pick them

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification