Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

HMMM Some one today said I could be a model.
    #2009036 - 10/14/03 07:20 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

One of the teachers was taking pictures of my students so I asked him If he could get some of me with the kids for my resume. After the period he tells me that I am very photogenic and that there is a lot of money in modeling. I never once thought that. He said that there is a large need for outdoorsey types of people. Hear I am with dreads a beat up old sweater and holes in my jeanes. I wanted to laugh at first but then I started thinking about the money. I hope he isnt some sort of perv just fucking with me. I guess there are models with dreads now. So what the hell. I am not going to chace after this or invest money or any thing. But I am going to look to see if there are any casting calls in the city.
Does any one have any expierince with this sort of thing?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: HMMM Some one today said I could be a model. [Re: ]
    #2009068 - 10/14/03 07:34 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

coolness, go for it, mad money to be made just for walking down a runway with a semi-pissed frozen look on your face out :grin:
But would you be willing to sacrifice your dreads?
Show us pics

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

#2009140 - 10/14/03 07:58 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah as long as he's not some fruit cake, then i could see a demand for dready people. They're way popular these days. You also see dreads on male models a lot more in magazine adds and such.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2009852 - 10/14/03 11:34 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

and someone tomorrow will tell you that you could be gay... but you have to ask yourself the question... is it really worth the trouble? Do i want to be that kind of person? Do i want to suck ballz for money? I dont know, thats how i always looked at it. I would rather kick people in the ballz, than take pictures of them... but maybe thats just me.

--------------------
What?

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

#2010250 - 10/15/03 01:54 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

No fungi go for it. As long as you don't be obsessed, I mean just do it for kicks. I can see J Crew with afungi on their catalog cover, find their reps.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2010508 - 10/15/03 03:27 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I haven't had experience with this kind of thing personally but I do know that there is a lot of money in it if you're into money and can "sell yourself" well

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Anonymous

Re: HMMM Some one today said I could be a model. [Re: Strumpling]
    #2010876 - 10/15/03 08:28 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

The guy I was talking to said something about Gap. So I am sure J. crew is along those lines also. I just dont want people to look at me like I am gay. If I have to suck balls for a photo shoot then its not my bag. I would rather walk away with no cash and lots of pride then some dudes pubes in my mouth.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2011027 - 10/15/03 11:17 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I think with that response that you are ready to handle those people. I have dealt with the like before... and they have a tendancy to be very artificial... im sure you know that. But, i think you just have to remember to never let that stuff get inside you. My mom tried to get me to do that when i was a little kid.... model... people telling me all this bs. But they made her pay for all this stuff, like modeling classes. I hated going... i felt sick when i went. "Prosituting myself"... no nothing happened with any of them. But... i hated being there. People telling me how to "pose"... i wanted break there camera. My mom didnt have the money to pay for that shit... yet sshe insisted. Of course the money would have gone to her... that as well i never felt great about either. Ever since then ive had spite towards that kind of stuff. But i think there is a place for photography... if you can make some money doing it... and if you think you have your priorities in mind... and your heart in the right place, i think you would be cool.

Watch out for people though... if they try to get photos and dont pay you... or screw you with some weird contract... just be careful.

--------------------
What?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub