Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIC3D

Stranger growing Snow in grain jar......"Cottony only"
    #2006425 - 10/13/03 08:10 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

As I understand Rhizomorphic is faster growth and better yield. I have a left over PFTek cake and crumbing it all up in Glovebox and pour few of them in Sterile grain (6 jar) 4 to 5 day later all the jar were cover like pure cottony like mycelium with no sign of any other color molds. Smell fresh clean. But, I'm kinda dispoint because I did rather have Rhizomorphic stain. I assume the cottony were cause by use the same stain as a Second and Third Gen. Should I just "Toss" it away and start all over or what? Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Stranger growing Snow in grain jar......"Cottony only" [Re: IC3D]
    #2007232 - 10/14/03 12:43 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Rizos depend on a lot of factors, including what substrate the mycelia is grown on. BRF often displays poor rizomorphic growth, for example. Sometimes myc just grows fluffy. I bet it will fruit.

NEVER give up on a healthy jar unless you need the jar to save someone's life.

Some have experienced great results with cottony myc. This isn't to say rizos aren't great.

This is the first post I've seen where someone is honestly afraid they've contaminated their jar with mycelia.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineIC3D

Re: Stranger growing Snow in grain jar......"Cottony only" [Re: Rose]
    #2007664 - 10/14/03 05:32 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

It were Grain Rye Seeds. Look up at page 35 at "The Mushroom Cultivator" by Paul S.
I've coupling jar (by inject) prints and it development Rizos and have plenty left over and were use crumbing BRF and mixing in rest of other jar which (a week from today) turn out heavy thick white cottony. It seem like it was cause by recycle Strain? I just don't want wanna waste my time caseing it if going to end up lower yeild. I don't mind redoing if contaminated but, it not because it looks clean and pure heavy thick White cottony and no other discolor.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Stranger growing Snow in grain jar......"Cottony only" [Re: IC3D]
    #2007786 - 10/14/03 07:49 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I believe rhizomorphic growth has nothing to do with yields. It sure is a sign of healthy growth but pure white cottony is also a good sign, it often depends on the strain and should not be considered as a potency factor.
The process has more variables to look upon but if you want a strain with good rhizomorphic growth go with Puerto Ricans.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract