Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAjoc
stranger ...than youthink
Loc: Southampton, UK
Trip Report: Tales of nutmeg
    #2005605 - 10/13/03 02:43 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

It seems, from reading here and on erowid, that there is a lot of dispute about nutmegs effects - some claiming it doesn't even do anything.

I have used it 3 times, using different doses and environments and someone suggested I write a report, and as I have a lack of anything better to do, here it is.

The first time I did it was about a year ago now, but I remember it pretty clearly. Me and a few friends (R, N and J - initials seems to be the done thing!) went to R's house to sleep over, after having purchased 75g of pre-ground cheap nutmeg from a local shop (cost ?1.50 total, very cheap...).

It wasa friday, and we got there about 5. I had read up a fair bit and read it was best not too eat much before, so we ate a little pizza and at about 8 me, J and R began dosing up. N was going to but backed out at the last minute, but that was cool cos it meant we had a sitter. We judged doses by "piled table spoonfuls". I, without noticing, managed to swallow down 3 and a half very piled ones (probably over 25g) and J and R did about 2-2.5. I only realised after when they go "Man, you just took a whole extra spoonful!" and were laughing at me...but I figured "Hell, it's only nutmeg". We had a bit left and no one wanted anymore, so we kept it.

Swallowing nutmeg, is, as you probably already know, disgusting. The best technique I have is to fill up the spoon, tip it into your mouth, and without moving at all (if you swill it in your mouth you will dry up and cough and gag) drink water (or even better lemonade!).
It's rough but you only need to do it 2 or 3 times. One of my friends however can only stand it in lots of little doses. Experiment...

So then we went in (we took it in the garden) and claimed our sofas for the night and turned the TV on.

9 o'clock...nothing

10 o'clock...nothing

11 o'clock...nothing

It is between 11 and 12 that J decides nutmeg is "totally gay" and eats all we had left (probably bringing him up to my dose). I keep thinking I felt stoned but it was just placebo effects compared to what was to come.

Past midnight, things start going odd. I look at R and he is in a blank stare looking very perplexed, and J is grinning to himself. I should add here that J and I smoke cannabis, but R (and N) have never done anything else other than alcohol - so this was R's first stoned experience.

I felt very tired and stoned all of a sudden, a pleasant clamping feeling on my head. Munchies set in, and I ask R if he has any food. Everyone else agrees they are hungry and they got and get ice cream. Normally, ice cream is fantastic to munch out on, but after a couple of mouth fulls I felt icey cold and shivered feverishly and uncontrollaby, wrapping myself in my duvet and sweating. After 5 minutes this passed and I got up again this time to eat some bananas. When I walked I felt very nauseus and lying down again was a great relief. Over the course of the night I ate about 10 bananas I was so hungry! I found I could close my eyes and visualise things very vividly, like being in a dream without sleeping, and I told R this and he said he was doing the same.

As the night went on, things got sketchier and sketchier...J didn't seem at all tired and was wandering round the house, whereas I kept dropping off and having weird dreams which I don't totally recall. R just lay their awake grimly, and N looked a bit bored but the TV was occupying him.

Eventually, everyone feel asleep.

I woke up next day with insanely bad cotton mouth, my throat pretty much stuck together. I ran for a drink and found J passed out on the stairs! R was still very comatose and I left him to his sleep. I still felt very stoned and this feeling lasted for the rest of that day, and was very mild for the next.

Nutmeg is a very bad drug to take if you have to be around parents or teachers - for a few days after they will always remark how tired and drained you look, and to be honest you feel it to, a weird stoned fatigue which draws out a fair while after the initial dosing.

The two other times I did it I decreased the dose and had similar effects, which lasted a bit less long but also I suffered no side effects other than drowsyness, munchies and red eye - none of the nausea or cold sweats of before.

Overall it is a worthwhile thing to at least try once and a strange experience. I think I'll do it again sometime, possibly trying 5 piled table spoons and seeing if I can get any visuals of it.

I would be interested to hear anyone else's experiences, and happy to clarify or add anything you think I missed/could have gone into more detail on.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
Re: Tales of nutmeg [Re: Ajoc]
    #2006066 - 10/13/03 06:07 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Nice trip report, im bored and am lackign drugs and money.

maybe ill try to recreate your experince.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: Tales of nutmeg [Re: Ajoc]
    #2006246 - 10/13/03 07:10 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ajoc said:
I only realised after when they go "Man, you just took a whole extra spoonful!" and were laughing at me...but I figured "Hell, it's only nutmeg".

To bad it can shut down your liver in medium to high doses....

Quote:

It is between 11 and 12 that J decides nutmeg is "totally gay" and eats all we had left (probably bringing him up to my dose).

So by saying totally gay he really meant: this doesnt do anything so ill take an unknown dose of a potional killer.

Quote:

Nutmeg is a very bad drug to take if you have to be around parents or teachers - for a few days after they will always remark how tired and drained you look, and to be honest you feel it to, a weird stoned fatigue which draws out a fair while after the initial dosing.

That stange tired feeling you experience could be due to your body trying to repair the irreversible damage you just caused your liver.

Quote:

I think I'll do it again sometime, possibly trying 5 piled table spoons and seeing if I can get any visuals of it.

very bad idea

Im not trying to insult you or anything, you just dont really know any better. There are much better things you can do out there even legal and cheep for that matter. Nutmeg is just not worth it at all anyway you slice it. Stay safe.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

OfflineMisterKite
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montreal, QC
Re: Tales of nutmeg [Re: Sombie]
    #2006261 - 10/13/03 07:16 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Twice have I dabbled with nutmeg. First time, it was 8 and I ate about 15gs, but didn't feel anything and went to sleep at 10. Next morning, I wake up, and I'll never forget thsi feeling, as soon as I lift my head up I feel all the blood drain from the top of my head so quickly, as if my jugulars were the size of PVC pipes. I stay in bed for a few more hours and when I get up it's the middle of the afternoon. My mom comments on how shitty I look, I say I feel sick. What a terrible fuckign hangover for no effects.

The 2nd time I was bored once more, but with another friend. We dose at 4ish, and can only manage to eat a couple nuts(we didn't get preground), afterwards we go to sushi, and don't feel anything for the next 4 hours. Then I get really sleep and started to feel slightly stoned and noticed the Tv was getting pretty blurry. I went to sleep at 9ish and woke up with not quite an extreme hangover.

I probably haven't taken a high enough dosage, nor do I wish to. The stuff tastes similar to clown penis, and the hangover is worse then when I had 12 shots of tequila.

--------------------
"But for the sake of some little mouthful of flesh we deprive a soul of the sun and light, and of that proportion of life and time it had been born into the world to enjoy."

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: Trip Report: Tales of nutmeg [Re: Ajoc]
    #2006631 - 10/13/03 09:13 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Interesting reports guys. So often people will immediately discount this substance - yet from the first report, it seems there may have been some merit to it afterall. Likely not something I would partake in, but it is good to hear some objective opinions.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: Trip Report: Tales of nutmeg [Re: geokills]
    #2006941 - 10/13/03 10:47 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

hehehe...clown penis...

--------------------

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Trip Report: Tales of nutmeg [Re: simplemachine]
    #2006974 - 10/13/03 11:09 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

If the taste is so bad..cant it just be packed into capsules? I was thinking about tryin this stuff but the trip report wanst very positive and somebody is also saying it destroys your liver. SO now im not so sure.

OfflineAjoc
Re: Trip Report: Tales of nutmeg [Re: orizon]
    #2007239 - 10/14/03 12:46 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Wow, I never knew it was so bad for your liver - I had read somewhere on erowid and I seem to recall it said it was harmful with regular use, somewhat like regular binge drinking. Do you have a source you can quote? I'll try and find mine...

In any case what you said has probably put my off doing it again...

Thanks for the replies, and take care!

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
Re: Tales of nutmeg [Re: d33p]
    #2010019 - 10/14/03 10:10 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

d33p said:

To bad it can shut down your liver in medium to high doses....

where did you hear this exsactly? I can find nothing of this sort on erowid.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

Edited by Sombie (10/14/03 10:12 PM)

OfflineAjoc
    #2011274 - 10/15/03 12:46 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"Safrole is carcinogenic and toxic to the liver."

From the nutmeg FAQ on erowid.

"There are some warnings against nutmeg, in that it can cause "nutmeg liver" in which deposits of fatty tissue form on your liver."

Is all I can find. Obviously not good things, but nothing quite as dramatic as liver failure or death. BUT I advise anyone considering taking nutmeg to be MORE CAREFUL than I was as if dangers such as the ones posted above are true then it could be the end of you.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2011381 - 10/15/03 01:40 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Nutmeg contains aprox 7% Myristicin.

Myristicin is a naturally occurring methylendioxyphenyl compound, structurally classified as a benzodioxole (9). According to Clinical Toxicology of Commerical Products, it is rated as moderately toxic (6). Intoxication occurs with the intake of at least three whole nutmeg seeds, which is equivalent to 5-15 grams of ground spice (9). Symptoms of intoxication are similar to atropine poisoning, which is an agonist for acetylcholine. Therefore, some of the toxic symptoms are xerostomia, flushing of the skin, tachycardia, and central nervous system excitation (6,9). Myristicin CAS registry number is 607-91-0. It is described as a colorless oil, with a boiling point of 276-277%C and melting point of <-20%C, and a rat oral LD50 of 4260 mg/kg (4,9). Furthermore, it is insoluble in water and soluble in benzene and diethyl ether (9).

4. Benz, Dr. Dan, Dr. Ed Matthew. 1997. Summary of Data for Chemical Selection: Myristicin Cas No. 607-91-0. Online. Available: server.niehs.nih.gov/htdocs/chem_background/wxsurnpdf/myristiin.pdf. Viewed on: Dec. 3, 2002

6. Gleason, Mary, Robert E. Gosselin, Harold C. Hodge, Roger D. Smith. "Section III: Ingredient Index." Clinical Toxicology of Commercial Products 3rd. Ed. The Williams and Wilkins Co., Baltimore; 1969.

9. Hodgson, Ernest. Dictionary of Toxicology. Van Nostrans Reinhold Company; 1988 p. 253

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisibledoktor_alternate
card-carryingAmateurMycologistsAnonymous member
Loc: vancouver
Re: Tales of nutmeg [Re: Seuss]
    #2016128 - 10/16/03 07:54 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

why eat a chemical precursor to something really fucking great?

safrole -> MDMA
myrisicin -> 2,5-dimethoxy-MDMA (using the same procedure)

http://www.rhodium.ws/chemistry/wacker.benzo-meoh.html
http://www.rhodium.ws/chemistry/alhg-meno2.html

so easy!

Invisibledoktor_alternate
card-carryingAmateurMycologistsAnonymous member
Loc: vancouver
Re: Tales of nutmeg [Re: doktor_alternate]
    #2016151 - 10/16/03 08:00 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale