Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineraindance
rainologist
Loc: PNW
AZURESCENS ARE IN TROUBLE
    #2006140 - 10/13/03 06:33 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i was in the big park near astoria yesterday and found some startling news. i was talking to a few fellow shroomers who said that the whole county had been hit with fungicide, i ignored them and proceeded through on my walk and thought it was strange that there were no mushrooms. not just azurescens but my chantrelle spot too, no mushrooms anywhere not even those huge amanitas that are usually everywhere no mycenas nothing. so i decided to ride over to the ranger station and ask them if they new anything. well on the way there i got pulled over and asked what i was doing i said i was camping and going to get a map of the area from the ranger station. the pig made me get out of the car and asked me again what i was doing all the way out here. he said he knew who i was what i was doing and how long ive been coming there. he asked why i only came there in the fall which he thought was the worst time to camp. he proceeded to search me search the car and search my friend, and his dumb ass never found our nuggets. i asked why i was pulled over and he said because those mushrooms that you pick are illegal and we are sick of people like you who dont live here coming here to pick them. we left with no tickets or charges and went straight to the ranger station. they said that yes the whole county had been hit with fungicide once a month since july and that they will do it every year till the "mushroom problem" is over.

--------------------
why the fuck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: AZURESCENS ARE IN TROUBLE [Re: raindance]
    #2006169 - 10/13/03 06:43 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

this is not true, no fungus, no plants, most plants will not survive without mycorrhizal partners.

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
    #2006263 - 10/13/03 07:17 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I'd say falcon is right here. Fungiciding all that would be absolutely detrimental to the ecosystem, the benefits of it would not even be comparable to the side effects. At most they may spray sites where they have seen people picking but even then I believe they are required to post signs saying the area has been sprayed. I know up here is Seattle they will post signs in city parks if something has been sprayed down.
I don't think you're lying at all I'm sure a park ranger would say this to you if it would keep you off the area he's supposed to be tending to.
Peace - @cro

--------------------

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: AZURESCENS ARE IN TROUBLE [Re: @cro]
    #2006276 - 10/13/03 07:21 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Dumb hicks.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: AZURESCENS ARE IN TROUBLE [Re: falcon]
    #2006296 - 10/13/03 07:28 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

haha, what do you expect them to say when you go ask why your azure patch isn't fruiting? Come back in a week? :smirk:

The cop was just trying to scare you.  Maybe try to find some less known/patrolled spots?

Things have been off to a slow start up north too, not just the psilocybes, I blame the dry summer...

DH

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2006310 - 10/13/03 07:34 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

they said that yes the whole county had been hit with fungicide once a month since july and that they will do it every year till the "mushroom problem" is over.

-'Sounds like the cops were bullshitting you.

Anyways, cops don't have time to hunt for shroom patches like we do..
-They'll never find them all :smile:

Keep shroomin,
GG 

OfflineArdRi
traveler

Loc: northeast usa
Re: AZURESCENS ARE IN TROUBLE [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2006322 - 10/13/03 07:37 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

LOL! in all seriousness i'd like to know why the uninitiated straights would be upset.What skin is it off their noses if you want to commune with the Godhead? When you look at it from this standpoint they are the demonic ones trying to keep us from spiritual enlightenment and ecstastic union with God.

Edited by ArdRi (10/13/03 07:41 PM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: AZURESCENS ARE IN TROUBLE [Re: ArdRi]
    #2006459 - 10/13/03 08:21 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

That is all bullshit and it is still too early for the Azures. There season is more of November to December or late October through December.

Mj

in Hammond and Astoria.

InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

Re: AZURESCENS ARE IN TROUBLE [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2006931 - 10/13/03 10:42 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"they said that yes the whole county had been hit with fungicide once a month since july and that they will do it every year till the "mushroom problem" is over."

Spray the whole of the county with fungicide? Once a month? The cost would be phenominal nevermind near impossible.

--------------------
Only will man realise, when he cuts down the last tree, that he cannot eat money

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: AZURESCENS ARE IN TROUBLE [Re: Xenophobic]
    #2006975 - 10/13/03 11:10 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

yeah, that's bullshit.

doing somehting like that would cause a world wide eco-dsaster.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK Flag
Re: AZURESCENS ARE IN TROUBLE [Re: canid]
    #2007801 - 10/14/03 08:00 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

thats why i need to find some new spots all i know are the painfully obvious spots. the rangers always patrol them too it sucks ass

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

Re: AZURESCENS ARE IN TROUBLE [Re: Dobie]
    #2008200 - 10/14/03 11:58 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Don't you guys have"Ramblers rights"? The right to walk through the land of your country be it private or public? That's out of order if you don't.

Madonna tried to overturn this law on her property over here, because it seemed so "far out" to her American customs but it's being challenged with the predicted result being total access for the public to ramble (walk around) as everywhere else.

Here's a quote from a news article...

"Madonna has won a battle to keep land at her Wiltshire home private, following a public debate over ramblers' rights. Madge and Guy were understandably upset to hear that new countryside laws meant that just about anyone could walk over the land at her weekend residence, Ashcombe House."

Ahhhhh poor cow, my heart bleeds for her lol

--------------------
Only will man realise, when he cuts down the last tree, that he cannot eat money

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2008668 - 10/14/03 03:14 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

George harrison sold his home on Maui because of public access to all beaches in Hawaii. ANyone can walk on any beach and past anyones home on the shore because it is in the Hawaiian Constitution to do so. A right in hawaii which is not a right in the USA mainland.

mj

InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

#2008716 - 10/14/03 03:30 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Interesting mj. Do you have ramblers rights inland though as opposed to beaches. Like farmers fields, country parks, stately homes etc etc (in the U.S.A. homeland)?

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2009165 - 10/14/03 06:10 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Yes I do at certain farms in Oregon and one in BC and two here in Washington. The rest is public property and some private homes of elderly friends of mine.

mj

Ramble4rs tights do not mean shit in USA. A county Sheriff in Florida murdered two mushroom pickers. Shot them in the back as he walked them to his car.

Told them never to come back into his territory again and the next day they did so he shot them. While they were handcuffed.

Lucky for the dead guys another Sheriff was driving by and observed the whole scene. he busted the Sheriff and the guy got 8-20 for involuntary manslaughter and was out in 3 years for some reason or other.

I also had legal access to all farms in the hawaiian Islands during a ten year study of the shrooms and their use int he Islands.

Edited by mjshroomer (10/14/03 06:25 PM)

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #2009189 - 10/14/03 06:20 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

in the US it is generaly acceptable to enter property not posted as private but if you are ever told to leave and you return you can be charged with tresspassing [i believe]. if law enforcement believes [even if they have no reason to] that you are doing something illeagal, or are likely to do something illeagal [s/he] may attemp to stop you, even if it means that they enter the property without permission. they are not shy about questionably breaking protocol.

it is always advisable to ovtain written or, at least, bverbal permission from a landowner if you intend to hunt mushrooms on any privately woned property.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

Re: AZURESCENS ARE IN TROUBLE [Re: canid]
    #2009697 - 10/14/03 09:10 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I suppose that makes sense concretefeet. That sheriff guy got arrested for "involountary" manslaughter when he clearly didn't "involuntarily" shoot them? sheesh, weird world.

If you don't ask for permission here (effectively trespassing), you just claim ramblers rights and the police always say "this is a civil matter, not for us to handle" and leave the scene. So in a way, the rights provide their own loophole.

--------------------

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #2009724 - 10/14/03 09:15 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

cops are often held far above the balance of justice.
luckily this is not the norm.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order