Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: botha]
    #20020873 - 05/21/14 04:15 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I would describe myself as an experienced user. My first introduction in to psychedelics is just over 5 years, but my first true psychedelic experience was my second time smoking cannabis, 10 years ago.  Since then I have easily had 100 trips. I've smoked DMT, done Ayahuasca several different ways, LSD, LSA, mushrooms, 25i, Salvia, the list goes on. Longer if you count things like ketamine or MDMA.

There aren't a lot of things one can reasonably say about tripping.
First and foremost is that you need to know yourself. Know what you like, who you like.
You also need to know if and what you're ready for, or if you're going to be ready at all.
Are you a "toe in the water" person, or someone who dives in?
Are you doing it for yourself? What are your intentions?
Do you know yourself enough to answer these questions?
If not, you might be ready.

The first thing I would say, is be confident in your substance.
Adventure is fine, but be sure to have every confidence in it you can.
Not knowing your substance, is a good way to ruin your mood.
LSD or mushrooms for instance, I always know I'm going to be okay.
25i, I didn't, and that scared me very much.

Second, you need to be confident in yourself.
There are certain things that are "drug induced"  but most of it
is just open doors, open doors to yourself.
If you're feeling strange from the thoughts you are having,
just remember you need to accept yourself as much as you accept change.
With that, nothing that crosses your mind can hurt you, as long as
you learn from who you are.

Last is to be comfortable.
Not only in your surroundings, but your dose.
I hear a lot of dose advice, but the right one is the one you're comfortable with.
You need to know that in your heart. If you're anxious, ask yourself
if it's pre-trip anxiety, or if it's a true discomfort with the dose.
The dose you're comfortable with is always the right one,
whether it be your first time or your last.

Your surroundings have to be comfortable as well.
Know where you are, where you want to be, what you want to do.
Know who's around you, and how you're going to feel once you're tripping out and feeling weird.
If you want to go outside, please, go outside and enjoy yourself.
But be safe! Know where you are, or don't go too far. 

If you can't figure out how to turn yourself around,
find a way to ground yourself to consensus reality.
If it's a conversation with your best friend, a beautiful walk, some music, playing your guitar,
anything that reassures you that there is a consensus reality,
WILL help with your anxiety.
Try some smells, take a shower, drink some tea, close your eyes.
Just relax, and enjoy meeting the you you've never met.

The last thing I should say is, if you've never tripped, there
will in fact be a point where you find your thoughts to be overwhelming.
It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it will happen.
This is where the bad trip stories come from.
They are usually thought loops or negative thoughts people are mentally running from. If it becomes visual, it started here.
Accept you, and your thoughts for what they are.
If you walk away from psychedelics thinking about how scary they can be,
take your time, accept, but try at a later time to show yourself
you're more powerful than what overcame you.

In my years of tripping, I've found I no longer get bad trips
simply because I've met them head on when they came, and accepted what the mushroom spirits wished to show me.

What psychedelics have taught me;
I am. Inexorably, me.
The meaning to life is to learn, and live.

-Fin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #20025299 - 05/22/14 02:34 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I've tripped many times over many years.  Follow your instincts. :thumbup: 

:peace:PS

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Offlinelukasg20
Stranger
LIBERTY CAPS *DELETED* *DELETED* [Re: Asante]
    #20026289 - 05/22/14 06:12 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by Asante

Reason for deletion: this topic is not for these kinds of posts

InvisibleSpitballJedi
Ancient Astronaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nibiru Flag
Re: LIBERTY CAPS *DELETED* [Re: lukasg20] * 1
    #20026307 - 05/22/14 06:18 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by Asante

--------------------
The Basics
A little civility goes a long way

The Noob Forum
The Hammock Hangers' Forum

Offlinelukasg20
Stranger

Re: LIBERTY CAPS *DELETED* [Re: SpitballJedi]
    #20026315 - 05/22/14 06:21 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by Asante

InvisibleSpitballJedi
Ancient Astronaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nibiru Flag
Re: LIBERTY CAPS *DELETED* [Re: lukasg20]
    #20026898 - 05/22/14 08:32 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by Asante

--------------------
The Basics
A little civility goes a long way

The Noob Forum
The Hammock Hangers' Forum

Offlinedaytonabeach83
Stranger
Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: SpitballJedi]
    #20046416 - 05/27/14 10:48 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

i don't know if i'd count as a veteran (ten trips under my belt, max eaten was 4 grams dried pan cyans, an 8 grams dried cubes), but here's a few things i always tell people new to the experience…

a) don't force it…that goes for both what ur trying to get from the experience an eating a psychedelic drug itself…i.e., if ur determined ur gonna get this or that out of it, u probably aren't gonna get what ur looking for…an just cuz u have a bag of shrooms or a hit of LSD doesn't mean u have to take it THAT DAY…wait till the day is right, ur mood is right, an the timing falls into place naturally…this will lead to the best experiences

b) keep in mind that anything u see out of the ordinary is just the shrooms, no matter how magnificent or terrifying it is…i think after a while u can let go of that "anchor," but if ur knew to hallucinogens, it's always helpful to be able to remind urself that it's all in ur head an no physical harm can come to u from what u see an that no matter how intense it is ur not gonna OD lol…

c) some people say mescaline can be a good hallucinogen if ur gonna be socially interacting, but i have only done it in the form of X pills that were cut with it, so while i was very sociable i'm sure that had a lot to do with the massive amounts of MDMA in my system at the time haha…but with shrooms especially, it's really easy to pick up on the vibes of other people…if ur around someone who's angry or having a bad day, that can make u really uncomfortable…

d) with shrooms especially, go to nature…i've found, an most of my friends seem to agree, that man made settings an structures seem kinda dingy an dirty an uninviting, compared to mother nature, which seems clean, pure an welcoming…ur senses are going nuts when u trip, an having TOO MUCH sensory information can lead to anxiety an confusion…most of what makes a trip such a life changing experience comes from within, not from the external world, so having too much external stimuli can both lead to a bad trip an can rob u of the chance to really delve into the life lessons it has to teach u…

e) find an anchor…i came up with this while talking a friend down from a bad trip…i had a tree in this park i used to go an just sit at for hours while i was tripping…it was safe, i wasn't moving, so i wasn't drawing attention to myself, an the tree (to me, at least) was a stable anchor that could both provide me shelter an a comfort zone…when my friend had the bad trip, i left him at the tree cuz i had to go down the street for a few minutes…i told him to stay there an wait for me…he later told me that while he was sitting at the tree everything was beautiful an safe, but when he left the tree the people an external world became overwhelmingly frightening…we had a long discussion about anchors, be they mental/physical/emotional/spiritual/etc., an i STRONGLY recommend having a place, or an item (kinda like the trinkets they carried in that movie inception), that can ground u an remind u of who u are…

f) enjoy it…fuck everybody's advice in here, mine included…not in a literal, offensive sense, but in that ur trips are for u, an they will be unique urs…no matter what anyone tells u, only u know what's going on in ur head when ur tripping, an only u can accurately judge what does or doesn't work for u…don't let anyone try to make ur trip theirs…if u have a friend who loves to trip an wants to trip with u but u don't like being around them when ur in "deep space" (hahaha) don't be scared to politely tell them u need to be alone…to let someone else, or something else, dictate such a powerful experience, is a disservice both to urself an to the deity that put these substances on earth for us…

oh, an if ur gonna eat shrooms, pizza is a great way to go…really helps mask the taste an texture, both of which are kinda shitty…blessings!

Offlinedaytonabeach83
Stranger
Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #20046423 - 05/27/14 10:50 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

^^^pretty much exactly what i meant with my last piece of advice…guides are awesome but in the end ur trip is urs an only u can be the end judge of what works…great advice my dude...

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: daytonabeach83]
    #20047068 - 05/27/14 01:44 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Hi, yeah thanks DB, I did write one of those posts but moved it to my journal and took it out of here - 'cause every time you do it's new all over again.  And that's what I love about tripping, pretty damn cool when you think about it. :thumbup:

Anchor spots, great point, here's my spirit rock, I've tripped with it many times: 

It's sitting on a natural geode that I found on the beach.  Actually I found the rock on the beach too, long time ago...

:peace:PS

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Edited by PrimalSoup (05/27/14 02:01 PM)

OfflineSnowDaze
Probably Relapsing on Heroin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Home, Home Again....
Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #20060753 - 05/30/14 11:48 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

been tripping for a little under 10 years

took LSD over 100 times
Mushrooms 30+
DMT 100+
MDMA/MDA 200+
plus lots of various others

and all i have to say is, DONT FIGHT IT

Go With It

And when anything is wrong,

Listen to Jerry Garcia Band or The Grateful Dead

--------------------
:gd_icon: If you get confused, listen to the music play :gd_icon:

:smugjerry: :feelswierman:

:wook: :barbershreds: :scumbagsteve:

OfflineEpistrophy
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: SnowDaze]
    #20062867 - 05/30/14 09:59 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I've been tripping for around 6 or 7 years now

Let me see if I can rattle off a list here as far as hallucinogens go:

Shrooms: 40-50 times
LSD: 50-54 times
DMT: 19 times
Salvia: 6 times
Mescaline: 4 times
I'm not gonna include a list of research chemicals because that would be obsolete

Okay advice.

First and foremost like everyone is saying, if you find yourself anxious remind yourself that its all the substance. Remind yourself that it'll be over in x amount of time and know that it was your choice to get into it so you're going to stick it through and enjoy yourself.
When I started off tripping in high school right after I'd ingest the substance I'd have the worst come ups ever.
I'd get anxious and start IMMEDIATELY regretting everything. I'd think about my mom and how I have been a terrible son by taking these drugs. Basically all just the worst things and I'd be distraught with myself.
But then what I found was eventually when the trip came around, I realized why I had wanted to do it in the first place and I ended up enjoying myself a lot.
Just remember that it was YOUR decision and that you are the pioneer of reality. If that doesn't excite/motivate you I don't know what will. :biggrin:
I don't know if any of you cats out there reading this have had similar experiences, but I hope this tidbit helps.

Another thing on the topic of anxiety DURING a trip:
If you're tripping alone - which I happen to do almost exclusively - have some comforting familiar music nearby.
If things go awry and you start to get bad vibes then simply flip on the music and it will take you back to your comfort zone. If you do this and it doesn't work, then you can either succumb to the bad trip - which is fun in my opinion because a trip is a trip and its just another experience - or you can keep on trying for it. It'll take you there if you give it time.

If you by any chance get overwhelmed during a long trip or realize that you may have bitten off more than you could chew then just roll with it.
I know that tip sounds kind of vague but bear with me here man.
Think of it like you're ahead of the curve. You can skip all that pansy stuff and you're tripping for real.
Watch the colors and listen to the noises and marvel at the new world while it lasts because I guarantee that once its over you'll wish you were back there.
Its a wonderful thing that only a few people have the guts to delve into, so pat yourself on the back for that.

I think that about wraps it up. PM me if you have any questions and I'll add to this post if I think of anything else.

:thumbup:

Invisiblepaperbackwriter
Edward Lear

Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: Asante]
    #20065897 - 05/31/14 05:33 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I'm in my mid-thirties and was first introduced to LSD as a teenager.  I've been taking psychedelics off and on ever since and intend to keep at it for as long as I still enjoy it.  I have lots of experience with LSD and Shrooms, both low and high doses.  I've experimented with a lot of RCs as well as stuff like HBWR and San Pedro.  Currently I'm getting a lot out of Ayahuasca and am trying my hand at growing some mushrooms.  I couldn't really speculate as to the number of times I've taken psychedelics.  I like them both from a recreational aspect and for reflection though not necessarily the same substances or equivalent doses for both these purposes.

And with that out of the way...

The best advice I can give anyone is drink when you're thirsty, even if you think it will make you throw up.  Better to drink some water, puke, and get on with your trip than lay in misery for hours wanting to puke and not being able too.

Plus water is freaking good for you :smile:

Drink it up!  :thumbup:

--------------------
Why should we strive with cynic frown
To knock their fairy castles down?  ~ Eliza Cook

It's rather embarrassing to have given one's entire life to pondering the human predicament and to find that in the end one has little more to say than, 'Try to be a little kinder.' ~Aldous Huxley

Edited by paperbackwriter (05/31/14 05:44 PM)

Offlinespazmodog
Male

Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: paperbackwriter]
    #20068311 - 06/01/14 08:46 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

do not resist

embrace it

let go

be prepared to feel like your heart has stopped and that you are dead and have been for 10 million years

it will get freeaaky and disturbing, come to terms with that before you trip. or add it too the list of reasons why

it wont all  be sunshine and butterflies, but the weird shit can still be very much enjoyable (for some)

dont trip for the sake of tripping, you can still be high on drugs and really bored.

find an outlet for the all that energy

my exp
k - approaching ~100 trips
mxe - ~10 - ~20
lsd- ~10
mushrooms - ~10
mdma- alot alot alot

Edited by spazmodog (06/01/14 08:54 AM)

OfflineGoood
Stranger

Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: Asante]
    #20094819 - 06/06/14 10:38 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks, very informative. I found this advice especially interesting: that the same dose can increase in intensity each time you take it (once a month or less). My question is, would this work taking 1/16th each time, or would you recommend a higher dosage?

I've tripped on 1/16th around 3-4 times now, almost 1/8th once, and 1/8th twice. The first time on 1/8th was very fun, mellow, yet intense, but the second time I blacked out (not something I'd be eager to repeat). What would you recommend? I'm looking for a full-trip experience here.

Offlineallseeingike
Male User Gallery

Loc: elgin ill-miami fl
Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: Goood]
    #20096076 - 06/07/14 11:52 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I have been tripping for 6 years with probably 50 to 60 trips ( about half are dmt)

The best advice is be somewhere you can scream your lungs out and run around naked like a lunatic, know what you are taking amd the strength and most importantly go with the flow. Do not figth the trip ever. You will never win and it will put you through hell

Just go where it takes you, don't ask questions just be. It can show you some truly amazing things.

And remember good or bad you can always get spmething positive out of any trip ( more so from bad trips in my experience)

OfflineCinnor
Stranger
Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: allseeingike]
    #20097174 - 06/07/14 05:47 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Know your substance (buy a test kit), know your dose (buy a scale) and always remember "set and setting". Keep breathing and remember "this too dhall pass"

OfflineThe Unusual Garden
Strange
Male User Gallery

Loc: east coast Flag
    #20163954 - 06/21/14 12:50 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

allseeingike said:
I have been tripping for 6 years with probably 50 to 60 trips ( about half are dmt)

The best advice is be somewhere you can scream your lungs out and run around naked like a lunatic, know what you are taking amd the strength and most importantly go with the flow. Do not figth the trip ever. You will never win and it will put you through hell

Just go where it takes you, don't ask questions just be. It can show you some truly amazing things.

And remember good or bad you can always get spmething positive out of any trip ( more so from bad trips in my experience)

In your signiture...the designs on the girls face....ive seen patterns just like that on my girlfriends face when we trip.....have you ,or anyone else experienced this?

--------------------
This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental...

Thanks-
        The Unusual Gardener:crazy2:

Invisiblewhitelights
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: The Unusual Garden]
    #20165366 - 06/21/14 07:02 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

embrace it

--------------------
its that bitter-sweet-sour, electric-smooth-twang. everything you ever have, are. or will feel along with every emotion, joy, hate, love, fear or aspiration burning down your nerves and into the fabric of your place in this existence at ten thousand degrees above and below zero will you find yourself wondering if you've been dead or alive this whole time. being born over and over only to die over and over hoping the wheel stops in the same place it started when you spun it, and when it finally does and you can step back and take a nice deep breath you realize how beautiful life is, remember, wake up to the most beautiful day of your life every single day, its just the way.

Offlineallseeingike
Male User Gallery

Loc: elgin ill-miami fl
Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: The Unusual Garden]
    #20167869 - 06/22/14 10:54 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I saw it on my wife's face while on 25i ( that's her self portrait btw) and I always see patterns 9n her while tripping but her pattern while on mushrooms is always the same exact one. 

Also she drew this sober it was originally inspired by the randall roberts homer simpson print

OfflineThe Unusual Garden
Strange
Male User Gallery

Loc: east coast Flag
    #20171987 - 06/23/14 05:19 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

wow im so glad im not the only one... What do you think causes it? Do you think everyone sees different patterns? I started to try and figure it out but i just couldnt stay focused.

--------------------
This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental...

Thanks-
        The Unusual Gardener:crazy2:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals