Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineorangejuice
journeyman
Amanita muscaria Resin Extract , EAT? SMOKE? or What?
    #2006553 - 10/13/03 08:52 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i am buying some amanita resin and i'm not sure how to consume it. i would rather smoke it with works well. also has anyone ever tried the resin? and its like ohter shrooms?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCockyMandrill
addict

Re: Amanita muscaria Resin Extract , EAT? SMOKE? or What? [Re: orangejuice]
    #2007700 - 10/14/03 06:11 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Im sure you would get nice effects smoked. Smoking Amanita caps by themselves gives a noticable high, so the resin could probably take you far.

OfflineSin Bad
Mushroom Man

Loc: Japan
Re: Amanita muscaria Resin Extract , EAT? SMOKE? or What? [Re: CockyMandrill]
    #2007752 - 10/14/03 07:22 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Fly Agaric contains completely different active ingredients (muscimol) to psilocybe mushrooms so the effects are completely different. Many people do not like the effects of Fly Agaric.

As far as "resin" goes, I'd like to know exactly how this is made... I assume some sort of solvent is used. I've never had any experience with this.

I'd advise you do a lot more reading before you indulge.

check the erowid vaults for more info.

http://www.erowid.org

Sinbad

InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

Re: Amanita muscaria Resin Extract , EAT? SMOKE? or What? [Re: Sin Bad]
    #2008218 - 10/14/03 12:09 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Personally I wouldn't touch "extracts" or "resin" of Amanita Muscaria same as I wouldn't Kava. It's powerful enouth in it's natural form with the proper usage and respect.

--------------------
Only will man realise, when he cuts down the last tree, that he cannot eat money

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Amanita muscaria Resin Extract , EAT? SMOKE? or What? [Re: Xenophobic]
    #2008236 - 10/14/03 12:21 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Ive heard of Aminita resin, and seen it around on some retail sites. I imagine that it would be smoked...but ive also heard of it being used in tea.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
    #2009288 - 10/14/03 06:56 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

You could also encapsulate it.

Let us know how the effects of smoking it turn out.

Offlineorangejuice
journeyman
Re: Amanita muscaria Resin Extract , EAT? SMOKE? or What? [Re: Effed]
    #2009975 - 10/14/03 10:02 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

sin bad- if Amanita is differnt than psil. shrooms. I mean do you still get visuals and intence colors? does it compare more to DMT,lsd,... or what.

OfflineSin Bad
Mushroom Man

#2010675 - 10/15/03 03:17 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Orange,

It really is a completely different experience to psilocybin mushrooms. People often think that just because both are mushrooms, they will have similar effects, but this is not true. They are too competely different species of mushroom, which contain two completely different compounds, which have completely different effects on the body.

Psilocybin has similar effects to LSD, as the molecules are very similar in structure and are thought to act in a very similar fashion.

Fly Agairc (which contains muscimol as the principal active ingredient) has much more varied effects which are not like LSD or psilocybin. Having never tried DMT, I cannot comment on it's similarity, but I have tried Fly Agaric, as have several of my friends and each of us have have markedly different experiences.

We all consumed only small amounts, (perhaps 1 cap or less). My experiecne was in two stages; the first I felt sleepy and tired, then perhaps an hour later, I felt fully energised and bursting with physical energy. I did not experiecne any visual disturbances of any sort. In fact it was not even what you would really call a "trip".

My friends have had experiences ranging from "it had no effect", to "it gave me heart palpitations". Nobody I know has had any hallucinations from Fly, but then again we all dosed conservatively.

I am hoping to conduct some more controlled research into the effect of this mushroom in the coming months, and will report back here with results.

I would urge you to tread carefully with this mushroom as it seems to be a mixed bag.

Sinbad

InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

#2011259 - 10/15/03 12:33 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Well you know someone now that's had "hallucinations" on Fly Agaric Sinbad, on 200+ occasions :smile: 

I've had some of the best experiences of my life on Amanita Muscaria.  As for hallucinations, to give you a comparison... where do you think "Father Christmas" came from?  It's a myth originating from northern shamans (northern europe, scandinavia etc) going back centuries when they consumed Fly Agaric for divination purposes.

They used to force (humanely) reindeers to eat them (the reindeers actually had an appetite for them, I wonder why), so they could drink their urine (filters out most of the toxins but the muscimol remains in the urine unaffected, or eat them dried).

Once under the effects (whichever method they used to ingest) the red & white colour of the mushrooms, combined with the snow, reindeers and people amounted in hallucinations of "flying" reindeers.  Funny how Santa flies in the sky with reindeers and wears "red & white". :smile:

--------------------
Only will man realise, when he cuts down the last tree, that he cannot eat money

OfflineSin Bad
Mushroom Man

Re: Amanita muscaria Resin Extract , EAT? SMOKE? or What? [Re: Xenophobic]
    #2013890 - 10/16/03 05:41 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Xen,

what method would you recomend for comsuming fly?

1 or 2 caps is quite alot of dried material, and I seem to remember that it doesn't exactly taste good.

How do you get it down?

InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

#2015355 - 10/16/03 04:07 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Swallowing whole = No taste. Even if you chew though, it just taste's like a dried cultivated mushroom from the supermarket.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2015726 - 10/16/03 06:04 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I'm pretty sure the resin is for smoking. Whole mushrooms are for eating. Muscaria is actually a good tasting mushroom.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisibletheshiftingwalls
Divine state

Loc: Residing in thee Universa...
Re: Amanita muscaria Resin Extract , EAT? SMOKE? or What? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2015737 - 10/16/03 06:06 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Id smoke the resin...

Offlinegarbage

Re: Amanita muscaria Resin Extract , EAT? SMOKE? or What? [Re: theshiftingwalls]
    #2017965 - 10/17/03 01:08 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i take that the amanita from bbb is okay for consumption?

--------------------
  Vaporbrothers :smile:

Invisibletheshiftingwalls
Divine state

Loc: Residing in thee Universa...
Re: Amanita muscaria Resin Extract , EAT? SMOKE? or What? [Re: garbage]
    #2019165 - 10/17/03 09:24 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Eating them is toxic.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Amanita muscaria Resin Extract , EAT? SMOKE? or What? [Re: theshiftingwalls]
    #2020148 - 10/18/03 08:25 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

People I know have used amanita muscaria juices for mixing with pot and letting it dry out and smoking it. It gives a speedy high is all. I personally do not recommend that anyone eat the amanita muscria without reading serious literature about it such as Andrew Weil.s chapter in "Marriage of the Sun and the Moon," Or some of the papers pubished in the Journal of Psychedelic Drugs (renamed the Journal of Psychoactive Drugs), or the German Volume on Amanita with numerous essays and articles from various journals , that book is called "Der Fliegenpilze" (Bauer, Wolfgang, Klapp, Edzard and Alexandra Rosenbohm (Eds.). 1991. Der Fliegenpilz. Traumskult, M?rchenzauber, Mythenrausch}.

Or R. Gordon Wasson's "Soma: Divine Mushroom of Immortality" or any of these other papers by R. Gordon Wasson:

or the first four volumes of Entheos (http://www.entheomedia.com) Three issues are published and lavishly illustreated with beautiful color images. And/or james arthurs Mushrooms and Mankind.
Here are some references to Wassons papers on Amanita:

Here is a Wasson Bibliography of some of the papers on Amanita muscaria.

Wasson, R. Gordon. 1960. Lightning bolt and mushrooms: An essay in early cultural exploration. Antiquity and Survival vol. 3(1):59-73.
In Dutch. Revised and applified version of original. Originally in: For Roman Jakobson: Essays on the Occasion of his 60th Birthday, October 11, 1956:605-612. In Dutch. Mouton & Company. The Hague. This paper also appeared in Persephone's Quest: Entheogens and the Origins of Religion. This was Gordon Wasson's first publication in ethnomycology.

------. 1964. The divine mushroom of immortality. In Peter T. Furst's 1972 edition of Flesh of the Gods:185-182. Prager Pub., Inc.

------. 1967. Fly agaric and man. In: Efron, David H., Holmstedt, Bo., and N. S. Kline (eds.) Ethnopharmacological Search for Psychoactive Drugs:405-414. NIMH Workshop Series No. 2. Dept. of Health, Education and Welfare. United States Public Health Service Bulletin No. 1645. U. S. Government Printing Office. Washington, D. C.

Wasson, R. Gordon. 1968. Soma: Divine Mushroom of Immortality. Ethno-Mycological Studies No. 1. Mouton and Co. The Hague, Netherlands. Harcourt Brace Jovanovich. New York.
Limited half-leather bound edition of 680 copies (40 illustrations, including 3 maps, 1 chart, 2 watercolors, and 18 colored tipped-in plates. In 1970 a trade hard-cover and paperback facsimile edition appeared in print (original photographs but not tipped-in. Three printings of the trade edition followed. A Deluxe first edition, in slipcase xiv + 381 + [i colophon] pages. Ethno-mycological Studies No. 1 of the Botanical Museum of Harvard University. Colophon page reads, "Of this book 680 copies have been made, designed by Giovanni Mardersteig and set in Dante type, of which two are designated A & B and the others are numbered 1 to 678. Text and illustrations were printed by the Stamperia Valdonega in Verona, except for two plates in pochoir, which were executed in Paris by Daniel Jacomet et Cie. The paper was hand-made by Fratelli Magnani, Pescia, and the printing completed in 1968." Contents: Three parts: 1. Soma: Divine Mushroom of Immortality, 2. The Post-Vedic History of the Soma Plant by Wendy Northern Eurasia and the Tree of Life and the Marvelous Herb, acknowledgements, exhibits and index consisting of 47 items divided into 2 sections: I. The Fly-Agaric in Siberia, II. The Fly-Agaric in Scandinavian Writings, citations from the RgVeda, index. List of illustrations-22 plates, list of 10 illustrations in the text, list of 4 maps and linguistic chart accompanying part 3.

------. 1970a. Soma: Comments inspired by Professor Kuipers Review of R. Gordon Wasson and Wendy Doniger O'Flaherty's Soma: Divine Mushroom of Immortality. Indo-Iranian Journal vol. 12(4):286-298.
Kuiper's review immediately precedes the reply in the same issue.

------. 1970b. Soma of the Aryans: An ancient hallucinogenic. Bulletin on Narcotics vol. 22(3). A United Nations Publication. July-September.
Also published in French as "Le Soma des Aryans: un ancien hallucinog?ne." Bulletin des Stupeiants vol. 22(3). Also in Journal of Psychedelic Drugs vol. 3(2):40-46. Spring 1971. Later reprinted in Psychedelic Review 1971.

------. 1971. The Soma of the Rig Vida: What was it? Journal of the American Oriental Society vol. 91(2):169-187. April-June.
Also: Remarks of Mr. Wasson's Soma by Daniel H. H. Ingalls. Both reprinted in Journal of the American Oriental Society as No. 7. Also in: The Spanish Journal Plural in 1976.

------. 1972a. The divine mushroom of immortality. In Peter T. Furst' (ed.) Flesh of the Gods:185-200. Praeger. New York.

------. 1972b. What was the Soma of the Aryans. In Peter T. Furst' Flesh of the Gods:201-213.

------. 1972c. Soma and the Fly Agaric: Mr. Wasson's Rejoiner to Professor Brough. Cambridge, Massachusetts. Ethnomycological Studies No. 2.

------. 1976. Soma: The divine mushroom of immortality. Discovery vol. 3(1):41-48. Fall.

------. 1979a. Traditional use in North America of Amanita muscaria for traditional purposes. Journal of Psychedelic Drugs vol. 11(1-2):25-28. January-June. Congress on Hallucinogens and Shamanism in Native American Life. San Francisco, California. November 1978.

------. 1979b. Soma brought up to date. Botanical Museum Leaflets of Harvard vol. 26:211-223. June 30.
Also in: Journal of the American Oriental Society vol. 99(1):23-35. 1979.

------. 1995. Ethnomycoology: discovveries about Amanita muscaria point to fresh perspectives. In: Schultes, R. E. and S. von Reis. Ethnobotany, Evolution and Discipline. Dioscorides Press. Portland.

Wasson, R. Gordon with Wendy Doniger O'Flaherty. 1968. Soma: Divine Mushroom of Immortality. Harcourt Brace. New York. Ethnomycological Studies No. 1.
A pre-histrory of the Soma complex by which R. G. Wasson suggests that the Soma of the ancient Vedic Hymns is actually the mushroom Amanita muscaria.

Wasson, R. Gordon et al. 1980. Unpublished manuscripts. (From Ott, 1993).
"The Miskwedo of the Ahnishinaubeg" by Keewaydinoquay; "Supporting Evidence" by R. Gordon Wasson; "A Mushroom Ceremony" by R. Kaplan. The three printed and bound copies of this rarest piece of Wassoniana are locked up in the Houghton Rare Book Library at Harvard University until the year 2020 (Schultes, 1992; Personal communications with Jonathan Ott). Since Wasson sent me copies of these three manuscripts for the book during its writing, these were available for examination. The three printed books contain a reproduction of a hand-painted scroll made by Keewaydinoquay, the original of which Wasson showed me, detailing the Ahnishinaubeg folk stories regarding Amanita muscaria, and the book features a series of Ahnishinaubeg tales in which the sacred mushroom figures. Wasson's introductory chapter, "Supporting Evidence" is substantially similar to the paper he published in the Journal of Psychedelic Drugs (Wasson, 1979a), being the lecture he gave at a 1978 conference in San Francisco, in which Keewaydinoquay, M. Perchel and Reid Kaplan also participated."

And the Shamaness Keewaydinoquay's Papers ont he use amongst her north American Tribe

Keewaydinoquay. 1978. Puhpohwee for the People: A Narrative Account of Some Uses Among the Anishinaubeg. Ethnomycological Studies No. 5. Botanical Museum of Harvard. Cambridge, Massachusetts. February.
An account of the first report of the ceremonial use of Amanita muscaria by a North American Indian tribal group, the Ojibway.

------. 1979. The legend of Wiskwedo. Journal of Psychedelic Drugs vol. 11(1-2):29-32. January-June. Proceedings from the Conference on Hallucinogens and Shamanism in Native American Life. San Francisco, California. November. 28 September-October 1, 1978.

And the two French articles of the use by North american Indians belongoing to a sect of the Ojibway tribe in northern Michigan and southern Ontario

Navet, ?ric. 1988. Les Ojibway et L'amanite Tue-mouche (Amanita muscaria), pour une Ethnomycologie des Indiens D'Am?rique du Nord. Journal de la Soci?t? des Americainistes vol. 74:163-180.
This paper discusses the use of the fly-agaric mushroom Amanita muscaria by the Ojibway tribal group of North America. For further information on North american use of Amanita muscaria, see Keewaydinoquay, 1978, 1979. In French. Also translated into German. See next entry.

------. 1993. Die Ojibway und der Fliegenpilz F?r eine Ethnomykologie der Indianer von Nordamerika. Integration: Zeitschrift f?r Geistbewegnede Pflanzen und Kultur vol. 4:
In German. Originally published in French (see Navat, 1988). For further information on North american use of Amanita muscaria, see Keewaydinoquay, 1978, 1979.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxx

mjshroomer

Offline5553
Re: Amanita muscaria Resin Extract , EAT? SMOKE? or What? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2020505 - 10/18/03 12:53 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

How much dried weight of this mushroom would one have to smoke to feel the effects?

OfflineStormShaman
Stranger
Re: Amanita muscaria Resin Extract , EAT? SMOKE? or What? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #5525146 - 04/17/06 01:57 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

We(are a multiple personality case) intend on reading up as much as we can before using the mushrooms, however, from the varied reports we have read thus farm, both here and in more academic papers, Amanita Muscaria is not to be feared any more so than any other type of halucinagenic mushroom, it is only to be feared and respected for other reasons, so, we intend to proceed with our mushrooms when we get them, though we will read more before in the mean time.

OfflineStormShaman
Stranger
Re: Amanita muscaria Resin Extract , EAT? SMOKE? or What? [Re: StormShaman]
    #5525166 - 04/17/06 02:01 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

oh, we forgot two thing, we are ordering also some Virola Elongata bark, has anyone ever tried this plant before, and if so, what can we expect in terms of hallucinatory experiances? and what of blue lotus, has anyone here tried that before?

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Amanita muscaria Resin Extract , EAT? SMOKE? or What? [Re: StormShaman]
    #5526047 - 04/17/06 05:44 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

what do I do with these suckers?
I've no idea what to do and I don't want to throw them away, they're too pretty for that sorry about the dodgy image quality i took it with my phone :P

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate