Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepsilo
Daytime Tripper

Loc: Germany
Another HPPD question
    #1995706 - 10/09/03 11:34 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

What about the emotional changes when you are tripping. On a bad trip i am usually very paranoid, and i fear to never come back to reality. Means HPPD that you will "only" see visuals the rest of your life, or is your emotional cyberspace messed up too?

HPPD after a bad trip including the emotional disintegration (a never ending bad trip) is the only thing which i consider a reason for suicide. Is that what is HPPD about, or "just" the visuals.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline5m0k3
]{l20//1]{ -=-5//]{3l2
Loc: Smoke Diego, California
Re: Another HPPD question [Re: psilo]
    #1996211 - 10/10/03 04:47 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Oh shit thats some scary shit. :O

--------------------
When you feel like your going to die. Your so stressed to the point of killing someone. Wanting to just have life slip away AT LAST!.....
5m0k3 A b0w1

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: Another HPPD question [Re: 5m0k3]
    #2005697 - 10/13/03 03:25 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

its primarly a visual disorder..

but emotional and PTSD symptomes have been reported by many.

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
Re: Another HPPD question [Re: LCid]
    #2006043 - 10/13/03 05:57 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

but only in extream cases.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: Another HPPD question [Re: Sombie]
    #2006184 - 10/13/03 06:49 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

extream case's...

or 'real' case's.

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: Another HPPD question [Re: LCid]
    #2006217 - 10/13/03 06:59 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Not all of ous have the have the grace to be nearly as fucked up as you are so lets call it it extreme.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Offlinepillsbury420
psychedelicscientist

Re: Another HPPD question [Re: d33p]
    #2011859 - 10/15/03 04:04 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I only have visuals. Though the visuals can effect your emotions. You can get depressed when you think that they will be with you for life. Most of us get used to them.

--------------------
The day you were born, you were born free. That is your privilege.

I forgot to remember.

Offlineenergy_ball_within
All thatis....Our mind
Re: Another HPPD question [Re: pillsbury420]
    #2086886 - 11/09/03 04:51 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

im pretty sure ive had hppd for the last 6 yrs after doing a bunch of lsd. im sure it will stick with me for the rest of my life and it does seem to affect my emotions as well. i always have visuals, so i learned to live with them. at times though they too can be a bit of a concern. live life...thats all there is to it and there is no easy way out, so deal with it. its hard, but you did it to yourself, so just understand it and move on. think of it as a new sense that only few achieve.

OfflineKinokoElf
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, Portland to be ex...
Re: Another HPPD question [Re: energy_ball_within]
    #5434993 - 03/23/06 03:53 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

I've had HPPD for years and I have noticed a difference in my emotional states. Sometimes, I experience the emotion of not wanting to come back to reality, though i'm not on anything. It's really odd and catches me off guard. Usually I'm in a social setting, then I feel off. I have learned to acknowledge it, then redirect my emotions to being connected to everyone and everything. That usually solves the problem.
I've learned recently, the thalmus (however it's spelled) is a gland in the brain that produces and creates chemicals. During an experience, the thalmus creates protien enriched chemicals which are released during synapses. Also the synapses create links which some are live and others dead.The live links release the chemicals and create an emotion. We each wire our brains due to the experiences we have, and perceive them as, and with the chemicals we intake. (food or drugs). In addition, when we remember an experience, the chemical that was made for that experience is released again and can be felt. Amazing what memories can do.
Hope this is a realization to your question.

--------------------
Do you think that magic mushrooms growing on top of cow shit was an accident? Where do you think the phrase, 'that's good shit' came from? Why do you think Hindus think cows are holy? Holy shit! Why do I think McDonalds is the Anti-Christ?

- Bill Hicks

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: Another HPPD question [Re: KinokoElf]
    #5435027 - 03/23/06 04:06 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

On a bad trip i am usually very paranoid, and i fear to never come back to reality

Then why not start trusting that you will eventually come back to reality? should help end the bad trip.

Tricky I know, but I've been there - fearing I've gone too far, that I'll never come back, that it was "3 days later, and I was still sitting ina  corner covered in my own vomit and piss" - but, then i started to realize

- wait, no, other people have done this, they have done more than me, and they are ok. This will end, I will be back to normal

shortly after, bad trip ended, and I had a damn amazing time :smile:

However, the emotional damage from a bad trip /can/ be very traumatic, and cause long-lasting changes in people.

Just as I've seen Pyschedelics been a help for me, and lead to positive changes in my mindset, and how I handle certian emotions - ie: I am better able to cope with anxiety now.

They can lead to not so positive changes in others as a result of a traumatic trip.

People are quick to shout out about the saftey and/or benifits of using psychedelics, but then are all to happy to turn a blind eye to some of the negative consequences they can have on people.

While I wont get into the long story about it : in highschool, a friend of mine was 'dosed' with LSD as a joke at a party, unaware to him. He's NEVER been the same since - and not in a good way.

It was a very traumatic expierence for him, and has caused him various problems in his life.

Its not so much the drug itself, but more the actual traumatic expierence he had on it. Just as any traumatic expiernece can be damaging to the psyche of someone (with, or without drugs), a bad trip  can cause the same.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Another HPPD question [Re: kaniz]
    #5436121 - 03/23/06 09:55 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

im super fucked up if i smoke pot im high for 2 days and see colours and when i walk out side the world is super big like when you trip

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinetomekk
<(O_o)>

Loc: On a road to nowhere
Re: Another HPPD question [Re: thedudenj]
    #5437810 - 03/24/06 10:22 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

thedudenj said:
im super fucked up if i smoke pot im high for 2 days and see colours and when i walk out side the world is super big like when you trip

you're talking about PCP right?  :tongue2:

--------------------
You got some great dreams, but in order to dream you have to be asleep. When are you going to wake up?

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Another HPPD question [Re: tomekk]
    #5438122 - 03/24/06 12:21 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

nope something far more taxing DXM the both are NMDA antagonists but doing shrooms and DMT im sure help the HPPD

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineSilent_Vinny
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Another HPPD question [Re: psilo]
    #5439704 - 03/24/06 09:51 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

When I get stoned sometimes, and I get in to sketchy situations..I'll always think back to those God awful mushroom trips...remember visuals, emotions...feeling of never comeing out.
And if your not on it..then their is no reason to be reminded of it..because ya gotta remember..that shit is heavy...more so then those natural deep dreams. THey are heavy..because..you're always gonna remember them...well..much more then the dreams, anyways.

There is no HPPD. It's just what everyone is brainwashing you into beleiving..scientists who take it, try to figure it out..I feel sorry for them..because ya can't..and if u truly get trapped, it would haunt you for a while...you'll remember it.

So any post trip similarities...it's just sober barriers that re-account what's been learned. Don't dwell on it to much.

I have trouble not dwelling on it somtimes..especially when I'm sober..when I'm high...I'll come across it..but can easily think about something else.

Your mind can be controlled...when on shroom...it's more or less being controlled something greater.

I find it best to re-think the whole bad trip..those twisted emotions that would lead to suicide..I know what you mean..I have said the same thing everytime I come out of one them. I beleive..it's a reality that some people are in, because their to confused.they can't handle it...then they just give up, their mind goes in loops..can't finish a thought..can't see joy in anything around them..just confusion.

I've been through this a few times this past year..my first year with the shroom....I don't myself beleiving that it's me..but that it's my way of gaining knowledge on it, so that when I'm in sound mind..I can help people that are in it for life..and possibly figure out a way to get them out.

I could see it being me, if I don't accomplish the goals I see in this world...if I become a bad person.

Sometimes I feel bad..because I ain't doing a whole lot for those people now. I should be. But my age..19...and my bank account ain't quite there.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract