Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Being Passive...
    #2005731 - 10/13/03 05:39 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Alright, Ive identified a problem with my passivity, and i need to work through it. Im sure ill have no problem and will progress through it quickly (confidence? Strange!). However, i thought id post in this forum as i hope for some reassurance or perhaps to hear from some people who can relate, or motivate.

Im not passive because im shy, or too inhibited, Rather i feel its wrong for me to impose my judgement or opinions upon them. I feel bad because i cant relate to most people, so i just go with the flow rather than asserting myself, and leading the flow, so to speak. Often my idea's on anything could be considered *extremeist* just because ive isolated myself from everything for too long and have lost touch of the boundaries of *acceptable* behaviors, mannerism's, expressions, etc.

I know being passive is detrimental to me...it worked while i was alone, and didnt care, but now i just come off as having no confidence, and its no good. Even applying for jobs, or introducing myself to people...It comes off as if im withdrawn, because im so passive...waiting to be lead into what i need to do...

Another psychological block...and because i recognize it, i know ill get through it quickly...especially with the white dove E's and alien head blotters comming my way...

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Being Passive... [Re: PDU]
    #2005809 - 10/13/03 06:16 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Oh oh oh, and the whole passive thing has lead to a loss in self esteem (obviously) and i always say "yup, i fucking suck" and accept blame for everything...for some reason it seems easier taking someone elses guilt, than denying it and creating doubt.

However...this isnt deep down, i say i suck...and i pretty much know, over the last couple years i have sucked, and im damn fast to point out all the reasons why. Yet internally i know im brighter and have more of a different sort of potential than most, Im proud of my mind i suppose, just not how i express it.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #2005908 - 10/13/03 06:55 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Im with you man, im also a very passive person. The worst part about it is that im really good at lots of things, but none of them equal any money or a job. Lets see, I could have become a pro skateboarder but gave it up. could have become a pro footbagger, but havent done it in awhile. Im really good at art, technical graphics, and abstract painting, but art doesnt equal a job and everyone knows that. I could have also gone far in basketball or baseball, because ive always been awesome at sports. but dropped out of school, and have no chance of becoming an athlete anymore. now all i focus on is music and guitar, and im sure that wont take me anywhere. so its pretty safe to say that i wasted my life and wont amount to anything.

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Being Passive... [Re: Infrared]
    #2007008 - 10/14/03 01:32 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well thats the thing....I felt id wasted my life and wouldnt amount to anything, now i realize ive identified the problem and i know i can still go out, i know i havent wasted my potential....ive just lost my old ways. No londer confident, proud, cocky or any of that, just a push over...

In order to regain my course to success in the future, i need to be confident and more aggressive, but im having trouble adjusting into it again...

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #2008580 - 10/14/03 04:51 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

You just have to do it.
Practice
Soon it will become natural to be confident. :grin: 

--------------------

Anonymous #1

Re: Being Passive... [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #2010929 - 10/15/03 09:31 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I am with you here. I would let all the other people talk. I would feel like they wouldnt want to hear my point of view anyway. I would say to myself "if they cared about my point of view they would ask me". Maybe I have always been like this maybe its the herb. Its been so long I dont know. I have cut down a lot and seem to want to talk a lot more. Also with my situation I feel totaly comfortable being quite with people. I have had a person say to me "Well at least my friends like to talk to me" and I was like WTF. That presure that she imposed on me made it so much harder. I felt as if I would say something ofensive all the time. But I have been working on my thought process. Looking at the way I view things and adjusting my thoughts. I am talking more and giving my words more thought. To overcome an overpassive view you need to work hard at it. I got my self a job were I would have to actualy talk and interact with children. Its been three weeks since I started and now I feel so much better. It gave me self confidence. This job made me realize that people will listen to you, all you have to do is talk to them.

Peace love and light brotha

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #2011133 - 10/15/03 12:13 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I'm kind of at the opposite end of the spectrum myself I'm usually the one doing the talking but I do listen to people who I respect. Your such an intelligent person that you have to realize that people care what you think.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: Being Passive... *DELETED* [Re: Ripple]
    #2014042 - 10/16/03 10:56 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

Edited by poke smot! (10/16/03 11:06 AM)

Anonymous #1

Re: Being Passive... [Re: poke smot!]
    #2017275 - 10/17/03 08:04 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The answer to your question Smot is yes. There is someone out there for you. You will meet that person someday. Maybe know isnt that tine. So try and consentraite on how beautiful the day is. If your religious remember that god serounds you always whith his love. If your lonly remember that he is always there for you.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being