Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewingnutx
Family sues NFL in crash that left girl paralyzed
    #2005590 - 10/13/03 04:39 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Family sues NFL in crash that left girl paralyzed

Friday, October 10, 2003

(10-10) 07:30 PDT HACKENSACK, N.J. (AP) --

The parents of a girl paralyzed in a car wreck caused by a drunken football fan have sued the National Football League, claiming it should be held responsible for the girl's injuries.

The lawsuit, filed Thursday, contends the league promotes the type of behavior that led the fan to drink 14 beers at a New York Giants game in 1999 and then drive home.

"What the NFL and the Giants are doing is saying is 'we're having a party, so park your car in our back yard, drink as much as you want, come into the stadium and get more wasted, and then drive home,"' Rosemarie Arnold, a lawyer for the family, told The Record of Bergen County in Friday's editions.

Ronald and Fazila Verni were headed home from a pumpkin-picking trip with their 2-year-old daughter Antonia when their car was hit by a truck driven by Daniel Lanzaro, 34. Antonia was paralyzed from the neck down.

Lanzaro, whose blood-alcohol content was nearly three times the legal limit, was sentenced to five years in prison this summer.

He is also a defendant in the lawsuit, initially filed in 2001 but refiled Thursday to include the NFL and its commissioner, Paul Tagliabue. Other defendants include the Giants and Aramark, a company that sells concessions.

Greg Aiello, an NFL spokesman, said the league had not been served with a copy of the lawsuit and could not comment.

Paul Soderman, a lawyer for the Giants, said "it's a tragic incident, but the team and sports authority have no responsibility here."

The NFL forbids beer sales after the third quarter, and the stadium also mandates that fans can buy only two beers at a time. Arnold said Lanzaro sidestepped that rule by giving the vendor a $10 tip and was allowed to buy six beers.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2003/10/10/national1030EDT0546.DTL

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Family sues NFL in crash that left girl paralyzed [Re: wingnutx]
    #2005597 - 10/13/03 04:41 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

ho-ly-shit.  :nonono:

there is something seriously wrong with some people's ability to hold the correct individuals responsible for their actions.

Edited by Anonymous (10/13/03 04:46 PM)

Offlinewingnutx
Re: Family sues NFL in crash that left girl paralyzed [Re: ]
    #2005611 - 10/13/03 04:45 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

My EMT teacher has told us many times, "If someone gets paralyzed, you are going to get sued regardless of your actions."

I hope these people get their ass handed to them.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Family sues NFL in crash that left girl paralyzed [Re: wingnutx]
    #2005805 - 10/13/03 06:15 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

An example of why we need to switch to a "loser pays" system.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Family sues NFL in crash that left girl paralyzed [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2005866 - 10/13/03 06:39 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

seriously.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Family sues NFL in crash that left girl paralyzed [Re: afoaf]
    #2006244 - 10/13/03 09:10 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

After years of media manipulation and leftists propaganda, we've come so we can't properly identify who is the real problem for things.

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Re: Family sues NFL in crash that left girl paralyzed [Re: lysergic]
    #2006526 - 10/13/03 10:43 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah,it's all that leftist propaganda that makes people sue happy. :nut:

You don't even know the plaintiff's political affiliations,so be quiet.

BTW,worst law suit since FOX and Franken. (Faux is really leftist,let me tell ya...)

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Edited by monoamine (10/13/03 10:45 PM)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2007023 - 10/14/03 01:37 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

As opposed to the current "the person with the most money wins" system?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Family sues NFL in crash that left girl paralyzed [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2007550 - 10/14/03 05:08 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

No. As opposed to the "I want to hit someone with a frivilous lawsuit in the hopes of cashing in big" system we have now.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineAyahuasca
H/G-LSD? -Captain Ahab'swooden leg oflove

Loc: In a treasure chest at th...
    #2007562 - 10/14/03 05:31 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Why does every country in the world except USA have something called "common sense"? It's like that lawsuit against McDonald's is quit simular in some way. "If you are going to drive with a cup of coffee don't put the the cup on the dashboard and then put in the reverse!".

Another thing which has no whatsoever with this thread:
If guns would make people safe, US would be one of the safest country in the world...

Well over 11,000 murders a year with guns shows that something is really wrong or do you disagree?

--------------------

Yarr!!! Teh Viking Pirate, sailing on the seven seas of hallucinogenic drugs.
Trying to catch the grey creatures!
Rule # 1: If you lying on the floor not holding on to anything you are not stoned ENOUGH!! Yarr!!!!

Anonymous

Re: Family sues NFL in crash that left girl paralyzed [Re: Ayahuasca]
    #2007840 - 10/14/03 10:26 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

"Another thing which has no whatsoever with this thread:
If guns would make people safe, US would be one of the safest country in the world...

Well over 11,000 murders a year with guns shows that something is really wrong or do you disagree?"

there was a thread about a week back about guns and gun control that you may find enlightening. look for it.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion