Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSquattingMarmot
Inquiring Mind
System of a Down "Boom" Directed by Michael Moore
    #2004401 - 10/13/03 01:49 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

System of a Down - Boom

Its a music video that was directed by Michael Moore himself. Its an incrediblly catchy song IF you are a fan of SOAD. They are nu-metal so you may not like what you hear, but the images are powerful enough.

--------------------
"In the United States anybody can be president. Thats the problem."

"The gray-haired douche bag, Barbara Bush, has a slogan: "Encourage your child to read every day." What she should be is encouraging children to question what they read every day."

- George Carlin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: System of a Down "Boom" Directed by Michael Moore [Re: SquattingMarmot]
    #2004933 - 10/13/03 10:36 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Music, Art, and Literature

edit-scratch that. i just watched the video. political indeed.

p.s. system of a down blows, and so does michael moore. :smirk:

"we've never gotten justice through war"

- some idiot at the beginning of the video.

Edited by mushmaster (10/13/03 12:24 PM)

Anonymous

Re: System of a Down "Boom" Directed by Michael Moore [Re: SquattingMarmot]
    #2005277 - 10/13/03 12:52 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

haha. damn that was stupid, and damn... why does anyone like system of a down? shit...

when did they put that out? if i was responsible for that video, i'd be embarrassed by it now...

i like all the little factoids. i wonder where they came from... michael moore's ass probably. they're either irrelevant or they didn't come close to coming true (e.i. 500,000 civilian casualties, 77,000 bodybags to fill, possible nuclear strike, etc).

they also managed to pick some of the dumbest shit said by protestors to put in the video:

"we've never gotten justice through war".

"i don't see how dropping bombs on children is the best way to acheive peace".

give me a fucking break.

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: System of a Down "Boom" Directed by Michael Moore [Re: ]
    #2005442 - 10/13/03 01:49 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Micheal Moore making up "Facts" to support his position that a minority of the brainwashed boobs in this country represent! I suggest you check into Bowling for Colmbine, a documentar, don'tchaknow. ALL truth! Micheal Moore is a MASTER of t ruth

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Offlinedawn of a new day
un inglohablante

Loc: Earth
    #2005472 - 10/13/03 02:01 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

What would embarass you about this video if you had made it?

I don't see how these numbers are irrelevant, or how you would know if they were close or not.

Do you believe that this war brought justice? If so, then please explain to me how it did this, as it has been lost on me.

--------------------
"Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit . . . unnatural?"
- Bill Hicks

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: System of a Down "Boom" Directed by Michael Moore [Re: dawn of a new day]
    #2005489 - 10/13/03 02:05 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

The war bringing justice? Sure, look back in the news, and see the march that the religious majority (oppressed by Saddams minority) had a few days after we rumbled into Bagdad. Look at how the majority of the people over IN IRAQ (the "citizens") see US troops, the majority o them are glad we did what we did. Look at the Kurds that Saddam took pleasure in gassing, eh won't be doing that anymore, instead of being a displaced group with no homeland, being discriminate against and slaughted by saddams government, they are given a role in re-creating Iraq. If you honestly don't think that ANY "just" actions have taken place as a result of the war, you are a complete boob.

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Offlinedawn of a new day
un inglohablante

Re: System of a Down "Boom" Directed by Michael Moore [Re: lysergic]
    #2005535 - 10/13/03 02:21 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Well, I have never been called a boob before, that is pretty neat.

Anyways, I'm not saying that there were not any "just" actions as result of the war, but I would definitely not consider the war overall to be just. From what I have heard, a large number of the citizens in Iraq despise the US troops and feel that they are overstepping their bounds. They are doing a pretty poor job of keeping the situation under control.

--------------------
"Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit . . . unnatural?"
- Bill Hicks

Anonymous

Re: System of a Down "Boom" Directed by Michael Moore [Re: dawn of a new day]
    #2005587 - 10/13/03 02:39 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

What would embarass you about this video if you had made it?

because the sky didn't fall because we went to war with ba'athist iraq.

I don't see how these numbers are irrelevant, or how you would know if they were close or not.

there are people that keep track of civilian deaths caused by the war. so far it's been less than 10,000, even by the most heavily biased measures. this is nowhere close to the predicted "500,000 civilian casualties" on the video.

also, the 77,000 bodybags it says the pentagon ordered... first of all i'd like to know where that number came from. secondly... the total casualties of friendly forces has been well under 500, not remotely close to 77,000. oops...

the numbers about poverty in america might be put in better perspective by understanding the standards of "poverty" used to arrive at the 1 in 6 number.

as far as the number of children dying of starvation in the world... i may be wrong but i do believe that the united states already spends more than any other nation on international aid.

'nuclear war considered' or whatever that part said... totally ridiculous.

this video was apparently made before the war. for all it's claims of glood and doom, none seem to have become manifest.

let me break it down:

the video was a sorry attempt by micheal moore and some lame-ass nu-metal band to push their politics on young wanna-be rebel high school kids. summarized:

the US is about to enter a bloodbath in iraq on the misdirection of it's oil- and blood-thirsty leadership, in order to secure oil and big contracts for large corporations. hundreds of thousands of civilians will die in persuit of oil for america and it's corporations. bush = evil, US = evil, capitalism = evil. fuck you i won't do what you tell me. i'm such a rebel.

never mind the atrocities of the ba'ath party. never mind their past, and almost certain future violations of weapons agreements. never mind their aggressions against their neighbors and their own people. never mind the fact that the iraqi people are living under a brutal dictator and have been for the past 3 decades...

seriously... if i had anything to do with that video, i'd be quietly trying to keep it off the air... it's an embarrassment.

Do you believe that this war brought justice?

1. the woman said "we've never gotten justice through war", which is bullshit. i wasn't talking about this war necessarily, but criticizing blind pacifism in general.

2. not yet, but it probably will.

If so, then please explain to me how it did this, as it has been lost on me.

learn a little about the ba'ath party and what has been going on in iraq for the past 3 decades.

Invisiblewingnutx

#2005604 - 10/13/03 02:43 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

There was a similar ruckus over the number of body bags ordered during the first half of the gulf war 12 years ago. It was silly then and it is silly now.

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: System of a Down "Boom" Directed by Michael Moore [Re: wingnutx]
    #2006278 - 10/13/03 07:22 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I think the war in Iraq is shit just as the next guy. But i also agree that Micheal Moore is a douche bag.

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #2006426 - 10/13/03 08:11 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mushmaster said:
the numbers about poverty in america might be put in better perspective by understanding the standards of "poverty" used to arrive at the 1 in 6 number.

Ive never understood this. Apparantly if you have a car, eletricty, running water, food, and schooling you can somehow still be poor.

If you have electricty you are not poor no matter what. Of course there should be other restraints than just that.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Loc: pass the gates of hell 2 ...
Re: System of a Down "Boom" Directed by Michael Moore [Re: d33p]
    #2006677 - 10/13/03 09:27 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

system of a down is awesome and the streets will flow with the blood of the non believers

--------------------
Mice have feelings

Offlinedawn of a new day
un inglohablante

#2011518 - 10/15/03 02:21 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Thank you for backing your points.

I agree with you that Michael Moore errs a bit to the side of propoganda from time to time. I also agree that the ba'ath party has done some nasty things, but I feel that our government's motivations for entering the war were less than righteous and that it was not a very good time for us to enter a war that wasn't in immediate need of our attention, considering we still hadn't (and still haven't) resolved the situation with Osama bin Laden and the economic troubles we were (and still are) having in our own country. I am not a blind pacifist, but I think that we could have used much better judgement in regards to this war.

--------------------
- Bill Hicks

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order