Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineakridine
Jedi knight
Loc: UK
liberty caps in south wales
    #2004714 - 10/13/03 08:17 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Hey

I went picking the otherday and we werent exactly sure which ones were liberty caps so we picked everything that looked similar, the tricky part now is ID'ing them there are some deffinates but there are others which look very similar but with a brown cap anyway my question is if its true that liberty caps DONT bruie blue?

most of them have black bruising on the stem

thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: liberty caps in south wales [Re: akridine]
    #2004734 - 10/13/03 08:28 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

you need to familiarize yourself with the forum policies. it seems clear to me that you have read neither the rules, the sticky threads, nor the relevant information in the mushroom hunting section of the FAQ. these are required reading before any new users [and all users] post questions.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Edited by concretefeet (10/13/03 08:30 AM)

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
    #2004755 - 10/13/03 08:46 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

It would advisable to know what you're picking before hand....
BTW where in SW do u live?

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

Offlineakridine
Jedi knight
Re: liberty caps in south wales [Re: canid]
    #2004775 - 10/13/03 08:55 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i was simply asking for confirmation that liberty caps do not bruise blue, many places say it does and others say it does not, i was not asking for an identification and i have done extensive research before i asked, i have read the rules and i thought my post was ok, apologies if its not

Quote:

It would advisable to know what you're picking before hand....
BTW where in SW do u live?

all i want to know is if they do bruise blue when handled, I live in swansea

Edited by akridine (10/13/03 08:56 AM)

OfflineAjoc
stranger ...than youthink
Loc: Southampton, UK
    #2004798 - 10/13/03 09:09 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

hehe seems you did pretty much what some friends and I did...

Unless you reckon you got a lot of libs I would just chuck 'em and be more careful next time about what you pick, keeping each species seperate. Cos now you have a messy mixture of aging shrooms, some which could be poisonous (although probably not, as to my knowledge there are no poisonous lookalikes in the UK, but you can't be too sure)...

I think they do bruise blue, by the way.

OfflineSin Bad
Mushroom Man

Loc: Japan
    #2004804 - 10/13/03 09:14 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

On the whole Liberty Caps do not have much of a bluing reaction compared to other active speices, although sometimes it can be observed in certain specimens. (This is due to the fact that Liberty Caps contain very little or no psilocin, which is thought to produce the bluing phenomenom).

Remember also that some non active speices of mushroom can bruise blue, due to other compounds contained within, so it is unadvisable to use this as an indentification factor on its own.

Offlineakridine
Jedi knight
Re: liberty caps in south wales [Re: Sin Bad]
    #2004819 - 10/13/03 09:28 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

thanks alot

I ate a couple of the ones i knew were liberty caps and it didnt have much of an effecy part from colors got brighter and the room got brighter, im not sure if that was the mushrooms or sleep dep though lol :laugh:

OfflineAjoc
stranger ...than youthink
Loc: Southampton, UK
    #2004829 - 10/13/03 09:34 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

If you only ate a couple it was probably just the good old placebo effect. But you got an effect, and thats the main thing  :grin:

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: liberty caps in south wales [Re: Ajoc]
    #2005813 - 10/13/03 04:19 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

akridine: i suppose the problems was the wording of you post had not made your meaning clear. i'm glad that you have found some semies. they are wonderful little mushrooms.

ime; less than half of your collections will contain specimens bruise imediately blue. sometimes there will be specimens that ahve been naturaly bruisd. the majority will bruise if you dry them, wich by the way, is not good for potency.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2006714 - 10/13/03 09:38 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Ther eare two sections originally id'ed for psilocybe semilanceata.

Regular ones are Psilocybe semilanceata and the ones which blue were originally labeld as psilocybe semilanceata var. caerulescens

Those were named as such before it was known that the luing reactiion is an idication opd the presence of psioocine int he mushrooms.

Liberty caps normally have a high psilocybine content rather than a high psilocine content.

mj and there are many which blue if you choose them to. Lay a bunch to dried under halytes and squeeze the stems.

also I have posted pictorials here in the threads of bluing liberty caps which can also be found at my site at http://www.mushroomjohn.com/species.htm click on P. semilanceata then go to bluing in P. semilanceata and click that button. There are a few bluing liberty caps posted there.

mj

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom