Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleTRS
The SneakyMastermind
Just a few newbie questions
    #2004607 - 10/13/03 08:15 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

my brf jars have just started to grow mycellium, i think. i dont have a camera and my scanner is pretty shitty but i scanned one of the jars anyway. its pretty blurry and you probably cant tell if its mold or what but its sorta fuzzy/furry-ish, if that helps. all the spots of innoculation where the liquid went in have the white fuzz and i really hope its not mold. anyway, ive been checking the faqs for ages and i cant figure out something. with flushing, how do you know when the cake is finished and is it just like some shrooms grow, you pick them and then in a few days more grow? i couldnt find any details about it anywhere. should i dunk before birthing or would that be a bad idea. im new to the whole shroom growing experience and ill be asking alot of questions as the time goes by. just a quick word about my setup. ive got 5 out of 7 jars with hopefully mycellium in them. its been 7 days since innoculation. im going to let a few grow normally and im going to do the SOS tek with the others. thanks for any replies and sorry about the scattered post, its a mess i know, sorry

P.S. the strain is koh samui super strain

Edited by TRS (10/13/03 08:32 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLiL_KuSsH
Lost In The Trip

Deleted [Re: TRS]
    #2004722 - 10/13/03 10:22 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by administrator

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: Just a few newbie questions [Re: TRS]
    #2004952 - 10/13/03 12:48 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds like everything is on its way, just make sure to be very patient. seven days isn't crap when it comes to colonization times.

flushes are determined by many factors, and are different for every grow, with cakes, you don't have much control over the amount of growth on one particular spot, like with casings. This is why it's very important to lay the casing layer evenly and know when to patch case/case so you have one even flush. once the fruits are twisted off, re apply a small amount of casing material to any craters that may have formed and lightly mist, continue as usual until you see the cake/casing begin to dry out and shrink.

you can dunk after birthing if you want, and subsequent dunks can be done after each flush.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

InvisibleTRS
The SneakyMastermind
Re: Just a few newbie questions [Re: soochi]
    #2006618 - 10/13/03 11:10 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

thanks for the replies.  lil kussh, what exactly does the coffee filter do?  as soon as i innoculated my jars i took off the foil that was covering the lids and left it off so theres no tape there.  i also used perlite on top to stop contams instead of vermiculite.  as for the digi its on its way :smile:.  also, after each flush should i dunk for less time or the same amount?

Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

#2006912 - 10/14/03 12:36 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

coffee filter acts as a secondary barrier for air-aborne contamination in addition to the verm barrier. In about 2-3 weeks after colonization you can just remove the tape completely. First flush dunk for 12. All others 12-18. Once it's really dehydrated the maybe 24. Don't forget to double end case in verm and roll in dry verm. Good luck!

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

InvisibleTRS
The SneakyMastermind
Re: Just a few newbie questions [Re: thisone]
    #2007026 - 10/14/03 01:39 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

how do i double end case? ive never heard of it

InvisibleCoolBlue
n00b
    #2007039 - 10/14/03 01:44 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

wow that pic is trippy kinda like a mushroom cloud if you look at the thumbnail  :eek: 

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation