Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHertyar
The guy nextdoor

Can perlite mold???
    #2003640 - 10/12/03 09:20 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I went over to my friends tonight and we were harvesting his first B shroom. weighing in at 1/2oz wet. Very exciting for him! Anyway, I noticed a brown spot in the corner of his PMP about 2 inches in diameter, on top of the perlite and kinda going up the side of the Rubbermaid. We scooped it out with a spoon and found that it was hard shell. Not rock hard mind you, just noticeably crunchy compared to the rest of the perlite. It looked as if it was sprayed on...(wish either one of us a digital cam) Well he was freaked to say the least and dumped a bunch more h202 into the chamber. I did a search in the forum on this and am now thinking it might be spores though it was a good 7 inches from the new shroom that he had going. Which by the way was a little "too open", but oh well. Do mushies shoot their spores? Or should he take his perlite out and sterilize? Several of his other cakes have MANY, MANY pins and he obviously wants to play it safe at this point.
Thank you!

--------------------
Doesn't have the patience to grow shrooms himself, but instead mooches off friend in exchange for research. :tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFungi_x
Firekeeper of OTD
I'm a teapot User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Michigan Flag
Re: Can perlite mold??? [Re: Hertyar]
    #2003655 - 10/12/03 09:26 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

>Can perlite mold

YES!!!

OfflinezPhar
Stranger
Re: Can perlite mold??? [Re: Fungi_x]
    #2003720 - 10/12/03 09:47 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Just hope for the good mold :smile:

Invisiblepsilomonkey
Twisted brainwrong of a oneoff man mental

Loc: Airstrip One
Re: Can perlite mold??? [Re: zPhar]
    #2004566 - 10/13/03 05:06 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Spores can get shot around when you fan, but I would not expect them to land all in one spot. Does it look like a solid dark coating on the perlite, or does it look thready/hairy/scale/slimey? Any green/blue you should move fast.

Contams can't grow on perlite if it is totally clean, but chances are its not. If you are getting mold on your perlite, I would take stuff out of your terrarium (it won't mind an hour or 2). Then boil/PC the perlite, h2o2 is not that effective against established molds, it is good against spores and bacteria, so you need to kill the mold with heat, then adding some h2o2 after will help keep things clean.

zPhar, I don't believe in 'good mold', if I did not put it there it does not belong :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck