Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelardnar
Pu Pu Platter
Male

Loc: Behind what appears
Re: Don Quixote's Mint Tea Tek (It Cures What Ails You!) [Re: Rose]
    #4402790 - 07/14/05 08:58 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Is there any way to dry them without losing the psylocin? As I said that's what makes the stems potent

--------------------
If your soul is sence this life is lost ...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJabbawaya

#4402802 - 07/14/05 09:01 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
There are TWO major active chemicals in magic mushrooms... psylocin and PSILOCYBIN. Psylocin breaks down in oxygen... so air drying breaks most of it down. Psilocybin is MUCH stronger (although, once you eat it... your body converts it to psylocin), but still... it will break down if exposed to too much heat, for too long.

Fresh shrooms are more potent per gram of dry matter because they have more active chemicals.

It is theorized you can cold extract the good stuff with cold water (and a touch of lemon if you wish) for 24-48 hours. It sure seems to work. :wink:

One doesn't have to dry mushrooms using heat, though. You can use a chemical drying agent like calcium chloride, or better yet, silica gel (the non-indicating kind). Or you can set them on the grill of a fan, and have the fan blow on them, evaporating the water (as long as the fan is clean).

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: Don Quixote's Mint Tea Tek (It Cures What Ails You!) [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4402833 - 07/14/05 09:14 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

>One doesn't have to dry mushrooms using heat, though. You can use a chemical drying agent like calcium chloride, or better yet, silica gel (the non-indicating kind). Or you can set them on the grill of a fan, and have the fan blow on them, evaporating the water (as long as the fan is clean).

And STILL Psilocin is almost all completly broken down and potency remains the same as if you dried with heat..

I have not tried Mint tea, but tea is definatly my favorite method of ingestion, so I will try it since you say its good :smile: Personally best by far so far, is Earl Grey...if you havnt tried that, you should.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineHuckleBones
Danger Bones

Re: Don Quixote's Mint Tea Tek (It Cures What Ails You!) [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4403271 - 07/14/05 11:29 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I just dried a large batch of homegrown Peppermint and Spearmint.

Hehe.

--------------------
Manitou

Offlinechucksteak
Stranger

Loc: saskatchewan, canada
Re: Don Quixote's Mint Tea Tek (It Cures What Ails You!) [Re: HuckleBones]
    #4403522 - 07/14/05 12:34 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

when i've made shroom tea i just put the shrooms in the bottom of a cup, boiled some water, let it sit until cool enough, then slug it back. this weekend (4 months looking for shrooms... finally!!) i think i'm going make it a bit more elaborate and tasty. if i put the shrooms in a tea bag and dispose of the material am i losing any noticable potency? i'll probably leave it in though, since i rarely get them i need to get the most out of them.

--------------------
DON'T PANIC

OfflineOutsider
Stranger
Loc: Germany
Re: Don Quixote's Mint Tea Tek (It Cures What Ails You!) [Re: chucksteak]
    #4439450 - 07/22/05 06:29 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Can you conserve the cold extract by freezing it? Will the psilocin be preserved? If so, this would be a better way to conserve mushrooms than drying them, isn't it?

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Don Quixote's Mint Tea Tek (It Cures What Ails You!) [Re: Outsider]
    #4440723 - 07/22/05 11:29 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

No fuckin' clue dude... but it is plausible... if you TRY it, let us know how it goes!

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineOutsider
Stranger
Loc: Germany
    #4449600 - 07/25/05 04:40 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

[QUOTE]With fresh shrooms, Don likes to cold-filter his tea with lemon water. Don puts enough lemon juice in the water to taste it. The lemon juice will put the lemon's acids to work for you. Psilocybin will extract in straight water but Don likes to get everything he can from his mushies. Lemon speeds up the extraction process. Don adds his chopped, fresh mushrooms. Add all the shrooms you will use (5g of shrooms extracted into tea is still as potent as 5g of shrooms). Don adds the tea bags.

Don Quixote lets the shroom and lemon water sit in the fridge 24-48 hours, then he strains the slimy shrooms out before pouring each serving into the Snapple bottles. Clean fingers make a great strainer... just don't tell your friends. In theory, Don preserves the psilocin from the fresh shrooms by cold-filtering them in the fridge. This is a pretty slow and simple process. Be sure to stir your tea a few times while you cold filter.[/QUOTE]
I told some friends about this. They say it's a bad idea, because mushroom enzymes are not deactivated this way and destroy quite as much of the psilocybin and/or psilocybin as drying would.

Furthermore, the protein and amine in the material make a good culture medium for (other) enzymes not necessarily healthy for humans. They strongly discouraged from using this method - except perhaps when using alcohol in stead of lemon water.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Don Quixote's Mint Tea Tek (It Cures What Ails You!) [Re: Outsider]
    #4451427 - 07/25/05 04:08 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

There is a lot of oxygen in water, so I imagine it could be problematic. Pure Oxygen kills psilocin... I don't know about H2O.

This has not been scientifically tested, but as an extracting method, it sure seems to work.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinefakee
Stranger
    #4593711 - 08/29/05 12:10 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You said that you would only recomend the iced tea one if using fresh mushrooms. Why wouldnt it work with Dried mushrooms??

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Don Quixote's Mint Tea Tek (It Cures What Ails You!) [Re: fakee]
    #4594208 - 08/29/05 02:38 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I think you misunderstood.

You CAN use dry shrooms but why? It takes a LONG time, and there is no added bennefit.

Better to make it hot, and pour it over ice, if you want it cool... and you only have dried.

But by all means, if it makes you feel better, take the long route, and cold filter it... if you like the idea, you'll have a better trip.:)

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #4613775 - 09/02/05 07:26 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Great thread... Thanks Cervantes..  :smirk:

--------------------
http://heffter.org

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#14842228 - 07/29/11 02:36 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I made some minor updates to my friend's recipe...

Now, Don suggests more lemon... and a few other tweaks.

Here it is:
You know, I don't mind the flavor of mushrooms at all. Fresh, dry... whatever. I'll eat 'em straight. From the looks on my friend's faces when we do eat the shrooms straight, I'm in the minority.

There is no denying tea tastes better. I just love the taste of well made mushie tea.

Fortunately for me, I have a fictional friend by the name of Don Quixote. Don is a shroom chef of sorts. Don Quixote is a smart guy but he always thinks with his stomach. Even better for me, Don Quixote is always up for an adventure.

Don highly suggests mint tea. Although he has succeeded with many different types of tea (licorice comes in 2nd), mint manages to completely cover the flavor of the mushrooms, while still tasting very mild. Mint tea, also, sooths the stomach. Don puts the shroom tea in empty, individual sized, Snapple Iced Tea Bottles. If he can't have it hot, Don Quixote likes his tea cold. Lukewarm tea isn't very enjoyable.

Don's Tea ain't no sippin' tea.

Make sure you don't use too much water or you won't be able to fit it all into your individual sized Snapple bottles. To prepare water to boil or cold filter, Don uses a Snapple bottle filled 2/3, per adventurer, per batch of tea. This will be enough water to hold any sized dose.

You have options when you make tea, you can strain the shrooms out or grind them up and leave them in. Rule of thumb, if you are making a batch of tea for a bunch of friends, strain it. You want to minimize their stomach discomfort. It also, looks more palatable and less suspicious. If you are making tea for yourself or for experienced shroomers, there is nothing wrong with grinding the shrooms and just leaving them in. In fact, it may be a little more potent. Gritty, but a bit more potent.

Don, usually makes his tea with dry mushies because the process is MUCH faster than with fresh shrooms... you can dry fresh shrooms yourself and get hot tea quicker than you can cold-filter it. Still cold-filtered tea is certainly worth trying. For dry mushrooms, DQ just boils some lemon water. Lemon can be very helpful when you want to make sure you extract the most from your dried shrooms in the shortest amount of time. You don't want so much lemon that the tea is overpowered by the flavor. He then puts shrooms in a tea ball right after his water has been brought to a boil and the stove is shut off. Don sometimes soaks his shrooms in lemon juice before boiling both the shrooms in a tea ball with the leftover juice added to the water.  Don adds 1 or 2 bags of mint tea per adventurer. Don says mint tea soothes the stomach, tastes great AND it is less filling. He steeps for 10-15 minutes and pours the servings into their respective bottles. Psylocybin can handle this short burst of heat. Don Quixote has NEVER noticed a drop in potency from cooking tea unless he used fresh shrooms. When using dry shrooms, DQ doesn't mind using shroom powder. This way you injest the entire shroom but it makes the tea a little cloudy. It is little more potent and a little less discrete.

With fresh shrooms, Don likes cold-filtering his tea with lemon water. Don puts enough lemon juice in the water to taste it. The lemon juice will put the lemon's acids to work for you. Psylocybin will extract in straight water but Don likes to get everything he can from his mushies. Lemon speeds up the extraction process. Don adds his chopped, fresh mushrooms. Add all the shrooms you will use (5g of shrooms extracted into tea is still as potent as 5g of shrooms). Don adds the tea bags. Don Quixote lets the shroom and lemon water sit in the fridge 24-48 hours, then he strains the slimy shrooms out before pouring each serving into the Snapple bottles. Clean fingers make a great strainer... just don't tell your friends. In theory, Don preserves the psylocin from the fresh shrooms by cold-filtering them in the fridge. This is a pretty slow and simple process. Be sure to stir your tea a few times while you cold filter.

Fresh mushies and oj is a quicker and simpler tek. Eating the shrooms straight is the simplest and fastet tek... but if you want something that REALY tastes good, try the tea.

I don't mind the taste of shrooms but I love the taste of Don Quixote's mint & mushroom tea I don't like oj & shrooms at all. Mint covers any hint of mushroom in the tea, yet mint has a very mild flavor.

Don's stomach loves honey (I wonder if Winnie the Pooh likes chasing windmills... er, fighting giants as much as Don Quixote enjoys honey). Don suggests you add honey to any and all shroom tea. Hey, shrooms like honey and honey likes shrooms. Don likes to think mushrooms begin and end with honey. Don Quixote is a big fan of the honeywater tek.

The beauty of the Don's mint tea is you can make a batch that is equally potent for everyone who drinks it  or each bottle can hold a unique dose for each tripper. All you have to do is measure each person's dose in their own personalized Snapple Iced Tea bottle (write each tripper's name on their bottle so you can keep track of whose is whose... this is especially important if some adventurers are taking larger doses than others). If you put the mushroom tea in a measured pitcher, and you know how many mushrooms were used in the tea, it is very easy to figure out how many grams each adventurer will be taking.

Don Quixote says you can make another batch of mint tea (without mushrooms) to fill the remainder of each Snapple bottle so it looks like the Snapple just came off a store's shelf. Once all the Snapple bottles are full (Snapple sells Mint Iced Tea hehehe), refrigerate until very cold and give to your friends.

Drinking tip: If you drink your tea over the course of 30-45 minutes, you can extend your peak for up to an hour. :eyemouth:

Snapple bottles are very inconspicuous and omnipotent. They do not draw undesired attention in public. Even if they do, I imagine this is what might happen.

Officer: What is that?

Don Quixote: Mint Snapple

Officer: May I taste it?

Don Quixote: But of course.

(Officer sips)

Officer: Now THAT'S good Snapple!

(Officer does cheesy Mentos-style smile for the camera)

Play music.

Voice Over: Snapple, made from the best stuff on Earth.

Roll credits.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlineiggi
ShroomSeeker
Male

Re: Don Quixote's Mint Tea Tek (It Cures What Ails You!) [Re: Rose] * 1
    #14843508 - 07/29/11 12:12 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:

Snapple bottles are very inconspicuous and omnipotent. They do not draw undesired attention in public. Even if they do, I imagine this is what might happen.

Officer: What is that?

Don Quixote: Mint Snapple

Officer: May I taste it?

Don Quixote: But of course.

(Officer sips)

Officer: Now THAT'S good Snapple!

(Officer does cheesy Mentos-style smile for the camera)

Play music.

Voice Over: Snapple, made from the best stuff on Earth.

Roll credits.

fucking lol xD

Offlinecinderblock
Failed Conformist
    #20654515 - 10/03/14 06:09 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

This is what friends are for. Seriously, fuggin awesome.

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Don Quixote's Mint Tea Tek (It Cures What Ails You!) [Re: cinderblock]
    #20660178 - 10/05/14 07:09 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Wow I remember this thread from SO long ago.
Return of the Living Thread

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

OfflineNamyellit
Stranger

Re: Don Quixote's Mint Tea Tek (It Cures What Ails You!) [Re: nicechrisman]
    #21620541 - 05/01/15 04:19 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

++

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #21630912 - 05/03/15 04:58 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

What type of mint leaf is best for this prepartion?

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Don Quixote's Mint Tea Tek (It Cures What Ails You!) [Re: Namyellit]
    #21634359 - 05/04/15 11:38 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

The kind you can brew.

I tend to use commercial brands, but I am sure you could find some fancier stuff.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #21634487 - 05/04/15 12:09 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I was thinking of using mint i grow in a garden, but there are so many types of mint....

Also, why do people call u Cervantes?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate