Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator
 Arcade Champion: Skeleton Park

First Rave
    #2003893 - 10/13/03 12:39 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I'm going to my first Rave in a couple weeks. I will be getting decent quality E (I'm told) and I have done E a few times so I know what it is like. Needless to say I am excited! So what do you vets do to prepare? Say whatever comes to mind that you may have discoverd can make or break a night.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineceephax
Tapeworm

Loc: Gastrointestinal track
Re: First Rave [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #2003954 - 10/13/03 12:59 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Chill, 99.5% of the people (except undercover police officers) at raves are more than willing to talk to you, be nice, etc.

drink water, bring gum, and don't talk to loners who look kind of pissed off

--------------------
What am I saying? I'm not even Chinese!

Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: US of A
    #2004051 - 10/13/03 01:30 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Well, can't say I'm very Xperienced, but I can give you some tips. I'd wait to drop E a lil bit before you go in. That will give you some time to check the scene out and get comfortable with your surroundings before the drug takes hold. Drink fluids if your gonna be sweating a lot, it's easy to lose track of time and your body temp to the music. Other than that, just have fun, and make sure you can get out of there and to a comfortable surrounding if it gets to be too much for ya.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2004078 - 10/13/03 01:39 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

First and foremost: SOCIALIZE! You'll likely feel social anyway when you're rolling, but it's especially nice to socialize with people at raves. They're usually really friendly, and I've had some great conversations with other ravers, sober and otherwise. Second, dance, but not too much. Remember to take breaks every now and then. If someone offers you a light show, take up the offer. You won't be disappointed. Also, if a guy offers you a massage or something, don't worry--that doesn't mean he's gay. He's probably just rolling like you. E-tard girls may be easy to get with, but make sure you ask their age, since a lot of them are jailbait. Last but certainly not least, HAVE FUN!!! Peace!

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#2004123 - 10/13/03 01:52 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds good so far, I'm a very social and friendly person(despite how I am here). My main concern is that one friend who is insisting on coming has been to a rave and didn't enjoy himself as well as not liking the E. He's the kinda person that will go to a club, stay sober and point and make fun of people like me dancing around drunk trying to have fun.Very superfical AND he is concerend we are gonna ditch him, he must know we are worried about him.

What about hanging with friends? there are gonna be 10,000 plus people, so should we try to stay together or split up or just do whatever? Also I'm thinking of taking a backpack for an extra set of clothes, deoderant,gum etc..

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2004135 - 10/13/03 01:57 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Backpacks are cool if they allow them there(lots of places don't). As for sticking w/ your friends, I suggest setting up a place to meet up afterwards if any of you get separated(preferably by the car). If you have a cell phone, all the better. It doesn't sound like that one friend of yours will be much fun to be around.

--------------------

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

Re: First Rave [Re: silversoul7]
    #2004152 - 10/13/03 02:01 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

He probably won't be, he's been a friend with our group of friens for a year(the rest of us 5 plus years). We'll manage. I'm pretty sure we can have backpacks but they will get searched obviously. We all have cells, it's indoor and there is no car because we are getting a shuttle bus to the rave.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2004163 - 10/13/03 02:04 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

In that case, find some other meeting point(probably where the shuttle bus is picking you guys up). Just don't rely on staying together the whole time, cuz personally, I sometimes like to go off somewhere on my own and meet new people.

--------------------

OfflineAudi0
have ur cake andbeat it 2
Female User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South !
    #2004309 - 10/13/03 03:02 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

yes bring some deodarant and a change of clothes and leave them in your car. meet new people. have fun and have plur.

--------------------

OfflineDankBluntZ
We know little
Loc: florida
Re: First Rave [Re: Audi0]
    #2004323 - 10/13/03 03:08 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

If you can get your hands on some glowsticks at a local drugstore or party store its definately worth the few bucks. glowsticks own while on E. and by own i mean kick ass.

OfflineBhairabas
Stranger

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: First Rave [Re: DankBluntZ]
    #2004846 - 10/13/03 11:51 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

If your friends no fun then ditch him.. It's his falt if he can't enjoy himself and he'll just end up bringing you down.. I hate being around Judgemental people when I'm fucked and they have no place at raves.. Thats what ruined the drum N bass scene here. People who don't give a shit about other people unless they act the way they expect them to act and look.. I might sound like a Nazi but there's nothing worse then being around negative energy when even the most subtle rude remarks may have a profound effect on you or other people he decides make fun of.. I feel that if you bring an asshole to a rave you are partly responsible for all their actions.. It's not uncommon here at really underground party's that if they don't like the look of you they'll refuse your entry which they ususally only use on thuggy drug dealer types or Gino's.. But from the sounds of it it's one of those rediculously huge raves that basically everyone knows about.. Anyway hope you have fun and I hope your friend doesn't hurt to many people's feelings..

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

Re: First Rave [Re: Bhairabas]
    #2005662 - 10/13/03 05:10 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Me and a friend plan on being blunt with him before he buys his ticket. We WILL be splitting up during the rave because that's what happens when we go to large clubs and that's the way we want it to be. We want to be able to wander off if need be but we will obviously hang out when we see one another, just no pressure to keep finding each other and being attached at the hip.

--------------------

InvisibleGCDestruction
one time mindfor your
    #2006216 - 10/13/03 08:59 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

put a pack of gum in your pocket and remember to drink water when you can. dont expect anything, go in with a positive mind and the party will direct you. appreciate what is there that wouldnt be anywhere else. big speakers up close can feel insane and theres nothing like hanging back and seeing a mass of people having fun. enjoy yo.

OfflineNationofStrangers
Beeeeyah!!!!

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Austin TX
Re: First Rave [Re: GCDestruction]
    #2006523 - 10/13/03 10:40 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

get a cloud nine :smile:

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: First Rave [Re: NationofStrangers]
    #2006588 - 10/13/03 11:02 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I dont think you will have a problem finding possitive vibes at raves. Everybody there is happy and nice to talk to...(even the sober ones). I have never seen a fight break out at even one of the dozens of raves I've been too as opposed to the 1 rap conert where multiple brawls broke out. I have been in the electronic-techno-rave scene for 5 years and absolutely love it. This scene is actually what is inspiring me to be a musician. 10,000 people is alot...do you know the talent-names that are on the lineup? There should be a flyer with all the people who are performing. At the party there will be plenty of things to entertain you. the music-visuals-lights/lasers-girlies running around in wings covered in glitter...but Im sure some experiences kids will have advanced Blow up toys like big light displays and light up costumes. I for one have a Light up EL wire pants- multiple led sequenced photon numchucks and a pair of fiberoptic light up head gear-glasses. Some people like to bring in little massagers but I think those suck compared to a regualar massage from a person. If you want...little vicks inhalers are a really good blow up accesory...just take a hit of the inhaler and tingles will rush through your head. Make sure you bring In money for WATER!!! and have it in a little zip-up pocket so you dont lose it when your fucked up. You will have a blast..tell us about it.

Peace, Orizon

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: First Rave [Re: NationofStrangers]
    #2006620 - 10/13/03 11:10 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

dude you're gonna have so much fun you may not want to leave lol. release any judgement since that just won't do at a rave. I wouldn't take said friend since it might give you a headache. and if ya can't dance, dance anyways because it's about freedom of expression and no one there is going to make fun of you, unless they are one of the few assholes. leave that judgement behind!

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

Re: First Rave [Re: orizon]
    #2007343 - 10/14/03 03:29 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Here's the rave info that says who is DJing, al of whome I do now know.
http://www.swingkids.ca/spooky/#

--------------------

Offlinestonerreakinghavoc
Shroom seeker
Loc: Colorado
    #2008400 - 10/14/03 03:31 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

If your freind does not come through don't worry you will find some. Feel the vibe before you roll, when i roll which i rarely do i wait a good 3 hours before i pop. have fun a rave is like the first time you have sex its never as cool as you thought it would be, they can get old after a while.

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

Re: First Rave [Re: stonerreakinghavoc]
    #2008717 - 10/14/03 05:31 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

"If your freind does not come through don't worry you will find some"

Not too sure what you are talking about. But yes I do plan on meeting new people there.

--------------------

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#2063930 - 11/02/03 12:29 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Well, it's said and done. I had a great time which is saying a lot. There were undercover cops ALL OVER ME and my friends to a lessor extent. I kept telling my buddies to look out for them and they started noticing it too. I got searched on the dance floor while fucked out of my head and the security guy didn't find my poorly hidden E(1 tab, they were looking for a lot). He sent me to the side , still disoriented from a blinding flashlight I had some guy(24ish) say "did you just get searched?" I tell him ya and he starts 'helping' me with my packsack which has come undone somehow. Dumbasses, the E was in the gum pack where the cop just looked.

For the rest of the night I had narcs asking me for shit standing and sitting behind me , how do I know they were narcs? even the most E tareded people don't talk into their sleeve when they think no ones looking. I expected undercovers but this was rediculous.Though I think they singled me out based on my own and others observations. It was actually mildy entertaining once I found they didnt care I was high and I no longer had E on my person.

P.S- the negative guy didnt end up coming.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports