Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewicish1
Mr. Myco Moron

Loc: Shithole, USA
Quick!!! I need a for sure, Shroom Tea recipe...!
    #2002616 - 10/12/03 02:19 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Hello people! I know this is probably the wrong forum for this post but I need a quick response!! I want to make some tea, enough for two, with the strength of about 3 grams of dry shrooms strait. I have a half ounce of Koh Samui T3 to play with and I don't want to muck it up! Can someone please give me a for sure recipe that will work? I would be most grateful!! Thanks

--------------------
How many times do I have to tell you, I was running through the woods and tripped on some mushrooms!!! Well, at least I'm not lying.:crazy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Quick!!! I need a for sure, Shroom Tea recipe...! [Re: wicish1]
    #2002643 - 10/12/03 02:30 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Hello people! I know this is probably the wrong forum for this post but I need a quick response!!

lol, well what better way to get a quick response but to ignorantly post it in the wrong forum!

Anonymous

Re: Quick!!! I need a for sure, Shroom Tea recipe...! [Re: wicish1]
    #2002693 - 10/12/03 03:00 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

the search function is a great way to find common information like this. also, you should post questions in the correct forum. this forum is about mushroom cultivation. you want to post this question either in the "general questions", "trip tips" or perhaps even "culinary arts" section if you want answers.

i say this: chop or grind dry mushrooms into very small peices. scissors will work for this but a coffee grinder is the best. take a bottle or jar of fairly warm water and put your mushrooms in there. cap it and shake shake shake. let it sit for about 10. then throw a teabag in there and some honey or sugar. shake shake shake some more. then pour through a peice of cloth into a mug. reheat in microwave if desired. this works well. much more pleasant than eating the mushrooms.

(i have unconfirmed doubts about making tea with the B+ strain. i may be wrong, but it seems to totally destroy the potency. maybe this is just a crazy hairbrained theory though).

OfflineHarvestTheBrain
CultDeVader

Loc: Usa
Re: Quick!!! I need a for sure, Shroom Tea recipe...! [Re: ]
    #2002758 - 10/12/03 03:29 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

check out www.erowid.org...click on mushrooms, tea recipe on that page somewhere, it works too ime

OfflineTHATS iT!
mellow
Loc: In the misty mountains o...
Re: Quick!!! I need a for sure, Shroom Tea recipe...! [Re: HarvestTheBrain]
    #2002799 - 10/12/03 03:40 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Squeeze a lemon into a small pot of water. Add oj and a few squezzes of honey. Heat, do not boil. Soak whole mushrooms in tea for 15 min. And when you are through drinking your tea turn lights out. Come back in a few hours and you should see small strands of mycelium in bottom of pot!

Edited by THATS iT! (10/12/03 03:45 PM)

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: Quick!!! I need a for sure, Shroom Tea recipe...! [Re: THATS iT!]
    #2002830 - 10/12/03 03:53 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

how about boil some shrooms?

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineMycoCat
a.k.a. ShroomCat

Re: Quick!!! I need a for sure, Shroom Tea recipe...! [Re: TODAY]
    #2002840 - 10/12/03 03:57 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

While not the proper forum for this, the Vaults of Erowid are a great resource to call on for information:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_prep2.shtml

I believe this contains three varying mushroom tea recipes. Enjoy.

--------------------
"...Meow."

--------------------
No question is so difficult to answer as that to which the answer is obvious.

Meow.

Edited by MycoCat (10/12/03 03:58 PM)

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Quick!!! I need a for sure, Shroom Tea recipe...! [Re: MycoCat]
    #2002886 - 10/12/03 04:24 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I recommend grinding up your shrooms in a blender at high speed with some orange juice. Dry shrooms don't add much "pulp" consistancy to the juice, and neither dry nor wet really alter the taste. I also think that having antioxidants in the mix, and all of the psilocybian being spread throughout makes the trip onset quicker and harder.

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

OfflineDMJ
creepyatmosphere

Loc: Dungeon
Re: Quick!!! I need a for sure, Shroom Tea recipe...! [Re: lysergic]
    #2003131 - 10/12/03 06:06 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I didn't know tea could be mucked up, at least, I never have.
:pill2:'s are bad

Peace

--------------------
I come alive in the darkness.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Don Quixote's MushMint Tea Recipe (Cures What Ails You!) [Re: DMJ]
    #2003360 - 10/12/03 07:34 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

You know, I don't mind the flavor of mushrooms at all. Fresh, dry... whatever. I'll eat 'em straight. From the looks on my friend's faces when we do eat the shrooms straight, I'm in the minority.

There is no denying tea tastes better. I have problems with shrooms & oj (Diff'rent strokes I guess...) those flavors don't mix well for me. But I just love the taste of tea.

Fortunately for me, I have a fictional, old friend by the name of Don Quixote. Don is a shroom chef of sorts. Don Quixote always thinks with his stomach. Even better for me, Don Quixote is always up for an adventure.

Don usess mint tea. Although he has tried this with many dirrfernt types of tea, mint completely covers the flavor of the shrooms while still tasting very mild. Mint tea, also, sooths the stomach. He puts the shroom tea in empty, individual sized, Snapple Iced Tea Bottles. He likes his tea cold. This ain't no sippin' tea.

Make sure you don't use too much water or you won't be able to fit it into your individual sized Snapple bottles. Prepare water to boil or cold filter, Don uses a Snapple bottle filled 2/3 per adventurer.

If the shrooms are dry, the psylocin is mostly gone. Don, usually makes his tea with dry mushies because the process is MUCH faster... you can dry fresh shrooms yourself and get hot tea quicker than you can cold filter it. Still cold filtered tea is certainly worth trying once.  For dry mushrooms, DQ just boils some lemon water. Lemon can be very helpful when you want to make sure you extract the most from your dried shrooms in the shortest amount of time. You don't want soo much lemon that the tea is overpowered by the flavor. Don adds shrooms and tea in a tea ball right after his water has been brought to a boil and the stove is shut off, he steeps for 10-15 minutes and pours the servings into their respective bottles. Psylocybin can handle this short burst of heat. Don Quixote has NEVER noticed a drop in potency from cooking tea unless he's using fresh shrooms. When using dry shrooms, DQ doesn't mind using shroom powder. This way you injest the entire shroom but it makes the tea a little cloudy. A little more potent, a little less discrete.

With fresh shrooms, Don likes cold filtering his tea with lemon water. Don puts enough lemon juice in the water to taste it. The lemon juice will put the lemon's acids to work for you. Psylocybin will extract in straight water but Don likes to get everything he can from his mushies. Lemon speeds up the extraction process. Don adds his chopped, fresh mushrooms. Add all the shrooms you will use (5g of shrooms extracted into tea is still as potent as 5g of shrooms). Don adds 1 or 2 bags of mint tea per adventurer. Don says mint sooths the stomach, tastes great AND it is less filling. Don Quixote lets the shroom and lemon water sit in the fridge 24-48 hours, then he strains the slimy shrooms out before you pour each serving into the Snapple bottles. Clean fingers make a great strainer... just don't tell your friends. In theory, Don preserves the psylocin from the fresh shrooms by cold filtering them in the fridge. This is a pretty slow and simple process.

Fresh mushies and oj is quicker and simpler. Eating the shrooms straight is the simplest way, and faster still. If you want something that REALY tastes good, try the tea.

I don't mind the taste of shrooms but I love the taste of Don Quixote's mint & mushroom tea. Mint covers any hint of mushroom in the tea, yet mint is a very mild flavor.

Don's stomach loves honey (I wonder if Winnie the Pooh likes chasing windmills and fighting giants as much as Don Quixote enjoys honey). Don suggests you add honey to any and all shroom tea. Hey, shrooms like honey and honey likes shrooms. Don likes to think srooms begin and end with honey. Don Quixote is a big fan of the honeywater tek.

The beauty of the Don's mint tea is you can make a batch that is equally potent for everyone who drinks it. All you have to do is measure each person's dose in their own personalized Snapple Iced Tea bottle (write each tripper's name on their bottle so you can keep track of whose is whose... this is especially important if some adventurers are taking larger doses than others). If you put the mushroom tea in a measured pitcher, and you know how many mushrooms were used in the tea, it is very easy to figure out how many grams each adventurer will be taking.

Don Quixote says you can make another batch of mint tea (without mushrooms) to fill the remainder of each bottle so it looks like the Snapple just came off a store's shelf. Once all the Snapple bottles are full (Snapple sells Mint Iced Tea hehehe), refrigerate until cold and give to your friends.

Snapple bottles are very inconspicuous and omnipotent. They do not draw undesired attention in public. Even if they did, I imagine this is what might happen.

Officer: What is that?

Don Quixote: Mint Snapple

Officer: May I taste it?

Don Quixote: But of course.

(Officer sips)

Officer: Now that's good Snapple!

(Officer does cheesy Mentos-style smile for the camera)

Play music.

Voice Over: Snapple, made from the best stuff on Earth.

Roll credits.

:crazy:

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale