Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Help me grow something
    #2002301 - 10/12/03 11:10 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I'm interested in growing some sort of ethnobotanical. I'm going to be growing them inside, as I live in new england. Preferrably, something legal. I was thinking Datura or Salvia. I have the following materials, as well as a $100 budget:

Perlite
Peat moss
Vermiculite
Potting Soil
Pots
48" double-bulb 40w light strip (part of the $100 may go towards buying new lighting)

What do you guys think? Any suggestions for a semi-noob? I've grown and cared for snake plants, cacti, spider plants, household things like that, and I also have experience growing things like peas, tomatos, and leaks. Hit me up with some suggestions! :wink: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledoktor_alternate
card-carryingAmateurMycologistsAnonymous member
Loc: vancouver
Re: Help me grow something [Re: Adden]
    #2002323 - 10/12/03 11:22 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

go salvia. ive got 2 plants, potted them and havem on my windowsill. they do just fine with low level diffuse natural light (my window is behind a bush).
you just need a cutting from a friend (thats how i got started).

dosage is like, i handful wet, fresh leaves. givem a bit of a chew (the salvinorin A is an exotoxin, so not too much of a chew). then just keep it in your mouth (sublingual style, but your mouth should be full) and wait for the trip. little to no sonic or visual input is preferrable, as external sensory input will fuck with the trip.

uh, so theyre easy as fuck to grow (keep the soil damp always) and are worth their salt.

good luck!
datura, on the other hand, takes lots of babying to get it to go.

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Loc: ked in a Skin Pinata
Re: Help me grow something [Re: doktor_alternate]
    #2003055 - 10/12/03 05:40 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Datura is extremely easy to grow. It seems that I perhaps have an affinity for the plant...I've heard of people using the same methods I do with no luck for many attempts in a row. Or perhaps I just attained good seed stock, who knows.

--------------------
In the end, my friend, we will all be together again.

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
Re: Help me grow something [Re: DiMiTriSouljah]
    #2003099 - 10/12/03 05:56 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I would recomend hbwr.

salvia is a given.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag