Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

fan idea
    #2002049 - 10/12/03 07:22 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I have a plan and im not sure how viable it is but ill run it past you all anyway. After reading a fair amoutn of faq's here ive developed a real paranoia about contamination. Several of the methods described here involve the opening and closing of the tank and therefore an increased likelyhood of contamination as airborne particle from outside the tank get in and cause their tyranny. If you fitted a small fan (like the one that cools ur computer) onto the top of the tank (making this fan the only place where air can get in or out) but covering it in a coffee filter or something to stop the particles getting sucked in thru the fan. Therefore the fan could be turned on 2/3 times a day for a short period to get the air exchange going, another hole could be made for misting and theoritically ud never nead to open the tank until the shrooms r grown. Would this work or am i just wrong?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Loc: ked in a Skin Pinata
Re: fan idea [Re: ]
    #2002072 - 10/12/03 07:39 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I don't see why this wouldn't work. You would probably have to keep the fan on for quite awhile though as it would take awhile to circulate the air in a large terrarium with a small fan. By the time you put the cakes/casings into the terrarium, though, they are fully colonized and are fairly contaminant resistant. I would suggest just using a solution of h20+h202 to fight the contams at this point.

--------------------
In the end, my friend, we will all be together again.

Anonymous

Re: fan idea [Re: DiMiTriSouljah]
    #2002078 - 10/12/03 07:44 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for the advice you make a good point, i just have a tendancy to go for classy looking things regardless of how useful they may actualyl be in the long run

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

#2002086 - 10/12/03 07:50 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Hahaha, yeah, I understand that tendency all too well.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2002093 - 10/12/03 07:57 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i was insanely foolishlast night, i left the light on in my tank and the heat of it overnight nuked my mycelium and knocked it back about 3 days, i feel like such an idiot and it was coming on so well too.

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

#2002099 - 10/12/03 08:01 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

It shouldn't be that detrimental. It probably didn't get hot enough to cause any thermal death (unless you went overkill on your lights and got an HPS system or something, hehe). It may have dried your mycelium out though. Spray it down with a little distilled, reverse osmosis (RO), spring, or sterilized poo water if it looks dried out.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2002103 - 10/12/03 08:05 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

already done, gave it a sprinkle and prayed to the mushroom god, its a pain tho cos i dotn have a misting bottle, i have to sterilise my hands then sprinkle the water over from my fingertips.

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

#2002113 - 10/12/03 08:14 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Well hopefully everything turns out alright for you! Good luck!

--------------------

Anonymous

#2002143 - 10/12/03 08:41 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i just checked on them and it doesnt look as if the damage was too substantial, id say i added an extra 2 days most, wont be doing that agin lol

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag