Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Coir

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleShamanorrhea
Stranger
First Time Grow
    #2001253 - 10/11/03 11:18 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I was told by a friend that I should 'SOG' or 'supercrop' these. What do you guys think? I have a basic idea of what each entails but could someone give me a rundown of how to go about doing it?

This is my first grow so don't be too critical. Sorry for the quality of the pictures too, they were taken on a friends $30 digital camera.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: What should I do with these? [Re: Shamanorrhea]
    #2001331 - 10/12/03 12:28 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

hide well.

FH

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: What should I do with these? [Re: felixhigh]
    #2001569 - 10/12/03 02:24 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

FORCE THEM TO MATURE EARLY

the best thingf about it is its less buds in less time with less work

and dont assume you can grow alot with SOG , just grow 20 little plants and mature them when they are about the size of the average lamp (14inchesor so) and you have about one once per plant
nice huh?

--------------------

Offlinegtivr6mk4
dankaholic

Loc: earth
Re: What should I do with these? [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #2002007 - 10/12/03 08:39 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

How 'bout a little more detail. Are they staying outside? Geographic region/climate? How old are they/size?

Offlinegtivr6mk4
dankaholic

Re: What should I do with these? [Re: gtivr6mk4]
    #2002388 - 10/12/03 02:11 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

hmmm????

I can't tell exactly how big your babies are or exactly how big of pots they are in, but I know you'll need bigger pots eventually if you want them to keep the same grow rate. You can expect them to at least double in size while budding, and I'd think you would want b/t 2 and 3 gallons of container volume per foot of plant(rough estimate for soil). So a 2ft plant before budding will be around 4ft at harvest, and it should be happy in a 10 gallon pot.

Hope this helps.... keep us posted on your first grow.

InvisibleShamanorrhea
Stranger
Re: What should I do with these? [Re: gtivr6mk4]
    #2010337 - 10/15/03 02:29 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Both of the plants are around 2 ? feet tall. As for the pots, they around about 1.5 gallons. Yes they are outside, they are in a hot, moist climate and are about 4-5 months old. I started growing them in winter (bad move) and so they were stunted during the first 2-3 months of growth. I went to water them the other day and noticed that there seems to be these small pod looking things with spikey, crystally leafs coming out of them. The stem has also turned white and is beginning to thicken up quite drastically.

I don't want to grow these babies too tall because they are in an area that receives a lot of foot traffic. Before you go off at me I am moving them in a couple of weekends so that isn't really an issue. At the moment though, I just want to bulken them up a bit and get as much bud out of them as I can. It looks like it might be getting close to budding so any tips to help me achieve this would be greatly appreciated.

As for the pictures, I plan on getting a better digital camera soon so hopefully that will help a bit.

Offlinegtivr6mk4
dankaholic

#2010782 - 10/15/03 06:33 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Like I said, they need bigger containers.  I'd wait 'till after you move for ease in moving.  What do you water with? (any fertalizer or just H2O)  As they start to bud they will need more phosphorous.  Do you know how to sex them.  As you may or may not know the female mj plant is what you smoke.  The male plant will have little pods that hang down right at the nodes... ball sacks if you will.  One male plant can fertalize hundereds and hundereds of female plants, and the pollen can travel over a mile.  You need to be watching them close as their sex should become apparent soon if they haven't already.  If you do have a male you should cut it and remove it ASAP.  Since the two plants are so close, you'll have nothing but seeds if you don't.  If you don't have males or you remove the male in time you'll get nothing but bud with no seeds..... mmmm, sensi.... drool.

keep us posted!  daily updates w/pics would be cool!  :laugh:

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #2010861 - 10/15/03 07:51 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

As gtivr6mk4 said, leave them in their pots until you do move in 2 weeks. Potting them up to larger pots and they'll won't transit as well. Do the move at night and cover them in the back seat.

I guess you're southern hemisphere as winter has just been. So, when you do get the new place and if they're going to grow outside, tie them down. Reo steel works well. Hope the soils they're going to is veggie qual.

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

InvisibleShamanorrhea
Stranger
Re: What should I do with these? [Re: Starter]
    #2031420 - 10/22/03 04:14 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

gtivr6mk4, I water them every 2-3 days (depending on the weather) with clean river water. Additionally, I water them with Thrive liquid fertiliser every 2-3 weeks (as directed).

You're right though, I am going to have to repot them. I'm not sure if you can see it in the picture but there is two plants in one pot. When I repot them I am planning on using a mixture of normal potting mix and premium seedling mix that contains coir.

Quick Update:

There are three plants with these funny little pod looking things that are hanging off the very top of the stem. If I look closely at them I can see that there seems to be a fluffy yellow flower emerging from them. The other plant has the same thing but what looks like wispy white strands coming out of it. Once the preflowers get bigger I will be able to sex them properly though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm still waiting on that camera though so I won't be able to post pics for a few weeks yet. I'll see what I can come up with though.

Oh, and one more thing. What do I need to tie them down for and what do I need to do it?

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #2033364 - 10/22/03 07:21 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

The one with the white hairs (pistils) sounds like a female, and the other sounds like a male. The difference is that female preflowers are attached directly to the main stalk, and the male preflowers have a thin stem with a little bellshaped ball at the end. Once youve sexed get rid of the male/s ASAP. As for growing style, Supercropping is a must for anyone serious about growing. SOG wouldn't make much sense, but Scrog (screen of green) or another method such as tieng the plant down would be ideal if height is a factor. Also in order to scrog, you would need to either tie the plant down, or FIM (prune the top) the plants, in order for multiple shoots to arise. Otherwise you can leave them be, and just supercrop, and you will grow one big fat cola.

Offlinegtivr6mk4
dankaholic

Re: What should I do with these? [Re: Remy]
    #2040462 - 10/24/03 07:11 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

separate those males.... you don't need to throw them out if you're not sure yet, but IMO they sound like males and will give the feamle many seeds if they're that close.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Coir

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden