Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecheech101
most likely alittle hazy

Loc: The Dark Side of the Moon
Mushrooms for therapy???
    #2001015 - 10/11/03 09:04 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I have been suffering from a mild/medium case of social anxiety.  I know that mushrooms can help you realize things and help you to conquer problems.  I was wondering what was the best method and dose to take when trying to confront and heal something you dont like about yourself on a trip.  Would it be better if I focused on the problem in the peak or come down of my trip.  I know mushrooms have therapudic (sp?) qualities, and I was wondering the best way to make these qualities come out in a trip.

:pill2: cheech :pill2: 

--------------------
"Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Chopper Challenge

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: Mushrooms for therapy??? [Re: cheech101]
    #2001652 - 10/12/03 03:03 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

it has been my experience with shrooms that if you got an issue that needs to be dealt with, you dont necessarily have to go look for it. in most cases, it will find you! i myself like to trip really really hard when i feel like exploring my issues. (but thats just me, it may not work for you. everyones different ya know) but for me, the harder i trip the deeper i go into myself, and usually my problems and issues are "hiding" pretty deep inside. so for me, a large dose (usually around 7-9 grams if im on this type of mission) is required.

just remember that if your dosing in order to learn something about yourself, or change something about yourself, your trip may not be verry pleasent. most of my life altering trips have been downright cruel experiences, but in the end, after a few days of reflection all ended on a positive note. just be ready, cuz some of what you learn may not be what you wanted to hear.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Anonymous

Re: Mushrooms for therapy??? [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2001717 - 10/12/03 03:23 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

just remember that if your dosing in order to learn something about yourself, or change something about yourself, your trip may not be verry pleasent. most of my life altering trips have been downright cruel experiences, but in the end, after a few days of reflection all ended on a positive note. just be ready, cuz some of what you learn may not be what you wanted to hear. 

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Anonymous (10/12/03 03:24 AM)

Offlinebeam
Re: Mushrooms for therapy??? [Re: ]
    #2001921 - 10/12/03 06:28 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah it can help, but before hand try to figure out certain shit about you that would be causing this.

i got social anxiety as well, and just noticed that i am always thinking in 3rd person, thinking about people talking behind my back or mates making excuses for my (self thinking) weird behaviour, blaming my self for people not liking me, jumping to conclusions of what people think of me, getting depressed if i don't get the right reaction from someone etc.

I noticed a bit of this shit at the start but after a while you don't notice it, it becomes part of everyday life thoughts and your anxiety gets worse and you don't know why.

You got to figure out your thought patterns and stop what is bad straight away. If you do other drugs stop, especially if it has a connection with your anxiety, choof used to make me a dead shit, from being a dead shit i started getting anxiety because i wouldn't communicate with others, then getting worried that people are calling me a deadshit, anti social etc, and the negative thoughts would go on and on and really haunt the fuck out of me and make me think i'm insane.

by the way i figured out all this shit by my self not with the help of any drugs, i did have help of a psychologist though. I find i realise stuff while on shrooms, but nothing that has led to anything, except for a bad trip that cured a big part of my anxiety for a few weeks but came back with drugs use.

Also practice breathing in deeply for a few seconds and out slowly for a few seconds. I have noticed just how tense and tight my stomach feels, it seems hard for me to go past a certain level.

anyways, hope that helps.
And try to go out as much as possible, make new routines if you can.

Edited by beam (10/12/03 06:35 AM)

Anonymous

Re: Mushrooms for therapy??? [Re: beam]
    #2002015 - 10/12/03 08:50 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Ive been going through a similar problem recently and i can only concur with what has been said before. I find though that i spend most of my time just sitting there going eugh im so annoyed and then not being able to get past this during the trip, although somehow on the day after i always feel calmer with my thoughts mmore in line, its not usually pleasant on the night but in the past month since the liberties came out ive definately sorted out a lot of my problems. Just be careful and put urself in a safe environment with people you trust and the likelyhood of anyhting going wrong is greatly lessened, having people you can talk to and trust is just as important as the trip itself if not mroe so sometimes. I may be wrong but its what works for me.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience