Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Mushroom lifetime????? in the field
    #2000963 - 10/11/03 08:35 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Im not sure if this question would better be answered in the mushroom hunting forum but I thought I'd give it a shot here. I was wondering what the lifetime of a mushroom is that has popped out of the ground in nature (not talking about dried or already picked specimens) Let me give you a hypothetical situation...

If it rains Sunday evening and then is humid-cloudy in the 80's all of Monday, it is my assumption that that night (or Tuesday morning 1-5 am) there will be mushies in the field. I am presuming this growth cycle from personal experinece and articles that I have read on the subject so please correct me if you know better. Well, lets say that I have plans Tuesday night and dont have time to harvest the mushies that are supposingly growing in the fields. How long will the mushrooms stay fresh or remain intact after they have popped out of the ground. Of course I know if a storm was to come in on Tuesday it would flood the mushies out....or if it was a real scorcher with no clouds in the mid 90's on Tuesday, this would also dry-destroy the mushrooms. But lets just say it was another overcast-cloudy-temp in the 80's day.....How long will the mushrooms survive after they have popped up considering the enviromental conditions were stable?

Peace, Orizon

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Mushroom lifetime????? in the field [Re: orizon]
    #2001941 - 10/12/03 07:05 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Here are a series of photos og Copelanida tropicalis taken ovr a 21 day period every three days for 21 days. That is how long these shrooms can stay fresh int he manure if the wether conditions are right. I picked this pie every three days. I came the day before it ppeared and then watched it grow and came back every three days. This was from myelia growing iside the cows stomach because if you looke carefully you will see it is fresh, notr decomposed. This happens every o now and then from shrroms eten by cattkle while grazing or from spores on blades of grass eaten while grazing.

http://mushroomjohn.com/cult1.htm

mj

Now spawn runs are different for different shrooms, however in the PNW a spawn run of P. cuanescens can contiue for several months, the same with P. stuntzii, P. fimetaria, P. baeocystis and P. pelliculosa and several other speces. Blue tringers can grow all year if the weather condition is right for them.

Cyans form October through December, rarely into Jan or feb with small amounts collected.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (10/12/03 07:07 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience