Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf, Kraken Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

Darkstar Orchestra
    #20003830 - 05/18/14 12:40 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Hi! Hola! How do you do?! I hope you're fantastic! Because I am too! :thumbup:

yay
weeeeeeeeeeee

:awesomenod:

Tonight I saw DSO at one of Jerry Garcia's personal favorite theaters. The whole place was just shakin' with the gr00ve :awegroove:

Jerry Garcia himself would have been nothing less than flabbergasted and awestruck if he had been in the audience tonight, dancing to the spectacular rhythms that Darkstar Orchestra was blessing the human race with :paradissunsmall:

Some of my fellow concert attendees who had the privilege of experiencing the Grateful Dead themselves a few decades back, actually felt that Darkstar Orchestra are more reliable in their ability to put on a phenomenal performance. :nicesmile: (Although, obviously you have to put the unfortunate plague of Jerry's heroin addiction in the last however many years up to his passing time in the equation as well.)

Regardless, I'd like to personally recommend the experience of a Darkstar Orchestra show for anybody who's given anything close to the chance, and bring forth the ability to intelligently discuss the topic as a whole into the equation

"For us on stage, the music plays the band. We, the band, allow the music to take us over so that we may simply be a lightning rod for the energy that flows through us.  It has some elements of being possessed by a spirit greater than oneself.  (If you are a star wars fan, you might call it “the force”).  It’s a genuine feeling of the music simply playing through you." - Dino English, drummer of Darkstar Orchestra

OK! TIME TO INTELLIGENTLY DISCUSS AN STUFF! :cookiemonster:

p.s lol

Edited by Sheekle (05/18/14 12:50 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Darkstar Orchestra [Re: Sheekle]
    #20003844 - 05/18/14 12:45 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I have seen them 2-5 times at least always here in my hometown. They come here every year or two and played pretty recently I think. Definitely a great band, doing a great job capturing the spirit of the grateful dead. The concept of a cover band use to really bother me but I have come across several that do a wonderful job continuing bands legacies for future generations.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

Re: Darkstar Orchestra [Re: musiclover420]
    #20004118 - 05/18/14 03:49 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

And plus i dont think the grateful deD had such cool rainbow light shows like they do these days with blacklight neon rainbow shit everywhere :awesome:

Xept for the dayglow acid tests

--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Offlinespore baby
Male

#20004399 - 05/18/14 07:26 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by spore baby (12/15/14 12:13 AM)

OfflineStellaMagnolia
Good Vibes Fairy

Loc: The Vibe Tribe
Re: Darkstar Orchestra [Re: spore baby]
    #20004421 - 05/18/14 07:36 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

One time I was at one of their shows and the guy next to me was an old deadhead. The whole show he kept leaning over and saying oh my! This is spot on! Then they played foolish heart and honestly it was better than any version I've ever heard (but I've never seen the dead so I can't really say but) the guy didn't move a muscle. He just stood there with tears in his eyes, his mouth wide open, and his hand on his heart. He had to leave the venue because the song just hit home for him. He said it was the first time he felt Jerry's presence since he last saw him before he past.

Seeing that man swell up with tears and just be left speechless really moved me. I saw them 4 more times that year, they're an amazing band. Did you know they actually played more shows than the dead? But the dead played bigger venues selling out, and they play small halls. But still! You can honestly feel Jerry's presence... It's amazing.

--------------------

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Loc: Lazy River Road
Re: Darkstar Orchestra [Re: StellaMagnolia]
    #20004491 - 05/18/14 08:14 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I havent seen them since John K. left. Are they as good now? I love what John does with the Jer tunes! I first saw them in '00 and many times up until he left for furthur. If I make it to Vibes this year it'll be the first time seeing them in a few years. I've had many "interesting" experinces at their shows. :gd_icon:

--------------------
Easily test the dosage of your tabs at home!:lsd:
qtests.org

Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

OfflineStellaMagnolia
Good Vibes Fairy

Loc: The Vibe Tribe
Re: Darkstar Orchestra [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #20004689 - 05/18/14 09:25 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

VIBE TRIBE!!

--------------------

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
    #20004724 - 05/18/14 09:33 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I think they are just as good without JK.  The guy they got to replace him is great.

--------------------

Offline11nova
Bipolar Bear
Male User Gallery

Loc: Virginha
Re: Darkstar Orchestra [Re: fapjack]
    #20004743 - 05/18/14 09:38 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I'm seeing em tonight in Baltimore!

--------------------
I wish I was a headlight, on a northbound train:mushroom2:

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Re: Darkstar Orchestra [Re: fapjack]
    #20004779 - 05/18/14 09:44 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

11nova said:
I'm seeing em tonight in Baltimore!

Ha, that's where Im from! It's a shame it's a school night, so I cant take my son, lol! Have fun!

Quote:

StellaMagnolia said:
VIBE TRIBE!!

Hell yea! I'm pretty stoked, I may be buying my ticket this week. We'll see how court goes on Wednesday, haha!

Quote:

fapjack said:
I think they are just as good without JK.  The guy they got to replace him is great.

Isn't their lead guitar guy from the zen tricksters?

--------------------
qtests.org

Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Offline11nova
Bipolar Bear
Male User Gallery

Loc: Virginha
    #20004808 - 05/18/14 09:50 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Got a tab of supposedly lsd, can't know for sure. Got a fifth of gin and some red kratom can't wait.

Plus My favorite music.

--------------------
I wish I was a headlight, on a northbound train:mushroom2:

OfflineJPDancer
Stranger

Re: Darkstar Orchestra [Re: 11nova]
    #20004832 - 05/18/14 09:53 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Their new lead guitar, Jeff Mattson, is of the Zen Tricksters, yes. Also Rob Barraco on the keys.

--------------------

InvisibleLySergic D
Drink all day and rock all night
Male User Gallery

Re: Darkstar Orchestra [Re: JPDancer]
    #20005023 - 05/18/14 10:49 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Ive seen DSO a few times over the past 5 or so years.
They put on a great show. I really like how they recreate old Dead shows.

I last saw them back in February. It honestly felt like the band was playing for my group of friends. The whole band was watching us as they played their show. Rob commented on how awesome my hat was. One of the drummers came up to my buddies girl and gave her his drum sticks. He said "him and the whole band have been watching your neon yellow fingernails all night".
And Jeff Mattson, the Space Commander of the Space Cowboys. Took us to space that night with a fire rendition of 11/14/78

Ill be catching them three more times next weekend at DSO Jubilee.

--------------------

Broken heart don't feel so bad
You ain't got half of what you thought you had
Rock you baby to and fro
Not too fast and not too slow

OfflineKief Ledger
Stranger

Re: Darkstar Orchestra [Re: LySergic D]
    #20005662 - 05/18/14 01:24 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Saw them in saint petersburg a month or so ago.  It was my first dead related event,and the vibes/energy of that show were incredible. I closed my eyes for a few moments, allowed myself to get lost in the music, and I could almost fathom what it must have been like to have seen the real thing.

I had been to festivals, but hearing the dead live, is something different.  , Never have I wanted so bad to drive the 2 hours to the next show,  than 4 hours home. 

If I was at a slightly different point in my life I would totally make that a reality.  But, I'm getting to see them hopefully 3 more time when they come back around in Aug.  Plus, going to try to hit up lockin.  Goina be a great year!

OfflineEverything
(~} ;-}
Male User Gallery

Re: Darkstar Orchestra [Re: Kief Ledger]
    #20005689 - 05/18/14 01:30 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

DSO is awesome, I saw them on bicycle day, and the last 2 years when they were around. They're great, I love the space jams the drummers do. They know how to play dead :wink:

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

Re: Darkstar Orchestra [Re: Everything] * 3
    #20005994 - 05/18/14 02:52 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I had a stick thingy stuck under my car this morning and my dad was like "when you drive really far away to grateful dead shows and you come back dodging purple dragons try not to drive through any more shrubbery because the bottom of your car gets really hot and it could catch on fire" lol

--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

#20006118 - 05/18/14 03:25 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

That's some funny shit!

--------------------
qtests.org

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #20006136 - 05/18/14 03:31 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I remember seeing them on april fools one year and they played a show the dead played in my home town and one of the friends I was with who is a huge deadhead had a list of shows and their beginning sets so he could find which one it was. Anyways after a bit he was sure it was the benefit show they did to save the Springfield Creamery, after the show the band goes on to say "how some of you might have guessed, but we made out own setlist tonight" Well my deadhead friend raged for a minute until they went on to say "aprils fools, this is the Springfield Creamery show" It was pretty hilarious.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: Darkstar Orchestra [Re: musiclover420]
    #20006147 - 05/18/14 03:34 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

being too young to have seen the dead, i'm glad dso plays so frequently.  probably seen 'em ~40 times.

InvisibleKT-BC
Male

Loc: the lake Flag
Re: Darkstar Orchestra [Re: memes]
    #20006192 - 05/18/14 03:47 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

i wonder if they'll come to vancouver some time soon, i love the dead :gd_icon: only just heard of this group, but would like to see a dead tribute band for sure :yesnod:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf, Kraken Kratom