Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers * 14
    #20001662 - 05/17/14 12:03 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Please read this post carefully: if you post wrongly your post will be removed, if you repeatedly post wrongly you may be permanently barred from posting in this thread.

This thread is for Psychedelic Veterans to post their personal advice to Novice Trippers. It is not a thread where you ask advice, or debate things, this is a thread containing just advice from trippers who've been around the block and want to help beginners avoid pitfalls and seize golden opportunities that might not be obvious to them.

Quote:

POSTING RULES:

1) Only post in this thread when you have more than 5 years tripping experience AND have had more than 10 trips in that time period.

2) Start the post by stating the approximate number of years you trip and how many trips you estimate to have had. If you don't do this, your post may be removed immediately as we do not want speculation but actual veteran advice from actual veterans.

3) Proceed to give your advice.  You may make multiple posts throughout the thread if you have more advice to share, but start it off by stating your 2) experience level every time.

4) DO NOT reply to posts, do not ask questions, simply state your experience level and advice - or stick to reading the thread only. Reply and question posts will generally be removed.

5) These rules are simple; repeat offenders may be barred from posting again in this thread, this will be permanent.

Veterans, lets help out some newbie trippers :manofapproval:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: Asante] * 12
    #20001786 - 05/17/14 12:38 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

1.  Relax
2.  Never forget that what is happening is temporary
3.  Relax
4.  It is normal for your face to be sore from smiling insanely for 8 hours
5.  Relax
6.  Although there is tremendous uproar behind your eyes most people can't tell.  Trippers can tell when somebody is tripping but most people cannot.
7.  Relax

Experience level: over 40 years and well over a hundred trips

--------------------

Edited by zappaisgod (05/17/14 04:29 PM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: Asante] * 7
    #20001812 - 05/17/14 12:47 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

EXPERIENCE LEVEL: I have tripped since 1993 until now, during which time I had probably a couple hundred psychedelic sessions and several hundred doses.

ADVICE: First and foremost, "Fools Go Rushing In". Psychedelics, even in small doses, can have an overwhelming effect on you for good or bad, and the next time be completely boring in the same dosage.

Don't be cavalier about your doses, not at first.  Start real small and work your way up slowly. Many beginning trippers take too high doses too early in their usage, are suddenly overwhelmed by intensity they have not yet learned to handle or appreciate, and this often ends theior experimentation, with a shocking unpleasant experience. Don't let that be you.

Do proper research of the drugs of your interest before purchasing and ingesting them.  Great sites to inform you are The Shroomery (duh) Erowid and Bluelight.

For shrooms, I would recommend to start out with 0.5-1.5 grams of Cubies (Psilocybe cubensis), the most common mushroom, and if you'd like some more an hour and a half later then adding the same amount again. A simple rule of thumb is that doubling any dose of psychedelic will result in not just an intensification of effects, but the appearance of completely new effects in addition to that. If you tripped on 1.5 gram, 3 grams is almost like a different drug.

I strongly recommend users of cubies to keep their first 10 trips below 3.5gr = 1/8 oz of mushrooms. An eighth is for most people an extremely strong dosage.

For LSD, start out with a quarter to a whole blotter or geltab and decide if you want to take a booster of the same size 2 hours after dosing.

A quirk of psychedelics is that if you start out and take the same dose every time, the drug will tend to become more intense, more complex and more interesting each time. This is because you learn to trip, and as you learn, more becomes possible or noticable. This can also mean that a given dose becomes TOO MUCH. In that case, back it down. "Too Much" psychedelic is a very bad feeling for almost all people.

How often to use? I recommend once every 1-3 months. Less often is fine, but more often will lead to you losing the magic. Me I used about 6-8x a year for 21 years on average, and its more beautiful and complex than ever. The magic is all still there. If you abuse it heavily though, the magic can be lost over a single summer holiday. What a pity.

The best place to use psychedelics is either at home or in nature, where you won't be disturbed. For beginning trippers with less than 10 experiences I recommend to have a nontripping friend present to talk you and your tripping friend(s) down. Stoners are ideal for this, they tend to be calm and are not easily bored. The best number of people to have present in the session is 2-4.

I recommend you to grow your own mushrooms, grow your own San Pedro cactus and to get active in creating a supply of psychedelics for yourself and friends.  There are psychedelics that are still legal. If you create a stash, I recommend to stash a minimum of 100 doses combined of varied psychedelics. This will give you peace of mind for years to come and keeps you away from dealers and the law.

Thats it for now.  Trip carefully!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlineplant-paradise
Kawan

Loc: The World
Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: Asante] * 1
    #20001836 - 05/17/14 12:55 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

What a good idea! :laugh:

My first trip is 10 years ago. It's hard for me to recall how many times i did something but i'll try to be as correct as possible.

It took Mdma(xtc) 15x
Amfetamine(speed) 20x
lsd 30x
shrooms 5x
dmt 25x
mescaline 1x
ketamine 10x
2c-b 3x
2c-e 2x
2c-c 1x
4 ho math 1x
4 aco dmt 2x
cocaine 2x
GHB 4x
Hashish every day

I have allot experience trying different chemicals and what happend to me was that I ended in a psychoses. My advice is don't trip to much. ones every now and then is fun but if it's becomming a habbit then watch out. Take care after yourself you have only one brain and please don't destroy it. especially when your young (under 18) Your brain ,especially your prefrontal cortex, is still developing and you better stay away from hallucinogens until your 22.

Iff your going to trip anyway then there are a few simple rules you can take in account.

Never trip allone if you're unexperienced.

do it in a safe inviremont.

prepare well so your set and setting are perfect.

invite the right friends you don't want to trip with somebody you don't really like.

Iff you're not shure on what's going to happen invite a friend who stays sober so you always have sombody who looks over the situation an can tell when something is wrong or not.

Make shure that everybody has taken the same substance because when one party for example takes lsd and the other party takes xtc you will get different vibes and that can be negativly on the outcome off your trip.

If it's a new substance for you always take half first do you feel good take the other half later.

And my last tip make shure you know what your ingesting!!! There are blotters with 50ug but also with 400ug same for xtc.   

Don't forget to bring candles burn incense and to bring your blankets!

have a safe flight!

Peace

P-P

Edited by plant-paradise (05/17/14 01:01 PM)

OfflineOrgasmicBanana
aka "PICO"
Female User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: zappaisgod] * 2
    #20001856 - 05/17/14 01:03 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I had my first trip 6 years ago and in that time I have lost track of the number of times I have taken psychedelics, over 50 times would be a safe estimate.

The main piece of advice I can give to newbie trippers is to be respectful of the substances you are going to ingest, the way you would respect a wild animal. Don't try to out do other people, don't try to take the highest dose, do not take them to have a good time at a party. I believe that these are the main ways to have a bad trip, and even if you don't you have not gained as much as you could from the experience. It irks me to no end to hear people bragging about what level trip they reached or telling people about the ridiculous amount they ingested. Some will disagree with me, and this is just my opinion but I think the lower, more reasonable doses are more beneficial than getting fucked out of your mind on a ten strip of acid. Your sober self can't relate to your super super super high out of your mind self at all, so anything you learned feels out of reach once you sober up again (this is my experience)

Though this is psychedelics 101, your mindset and the actual place you are when tripping have a huge impact on your experience. I think you should plan in advance and mentally prepare yourself for your first trip.

Bad trips are sometimes inevitable, but they are not really so bad. Don't be afraid of them. You are just uncomfortable tripping for a certain amount of time, and it will eventually end. You can make it end sooner by not making things worse for yourself, staying chill, changing the environment etc. Always remember that you are on drugs, you did this to yourself, and no matter what things will be OK and back to normal in a few hours. Bad trips are extremely beneficial, as learning the most important things about yourself and facing the cold hard truth can be unpleasant and it can make you feel shitty, but the things you learn are priceless. Sometimes you can let go of some trauma or pain and it sucks going through but afterward your life can be so much better.

Be responsible with drugs. Be careful who you get them from, be careful who you give them to, be careful what you put in your body, be careful how much you put in your body.  Do not make a bad name for psychedelics. They are not regulated by anybody, and there are never any guarantees, and no one is going to save you if you don't think things through and make a stupid decision. Err on the side of caution.

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: OrgasmicBanana] * 3
    #20001897 - 05/17/14 01:18 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Remember: You are going to die, but not from the drugs, except if you are taking large amounts of some RC's.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: Asante] * 3
    #20001926 - 05/17/14 01:29 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I usually give pretty good advise so I'll just copy myself from this thread

The one piece of advise I have to give is don't try to resist the trip. You have to surrender yourself and trust the mushrooms. Its when people get to taking the dose you're talking about that the bad trip can happen, and that is almost universally caused by resisting it or trying to make it stop, which is not an option.

To do creative writing you want a low dose not a psychedelic dose, similar to your truffel experience. If you eat an 8th or 5 grams you are into the psychedelic range. You might be able to record some thoughts with a tape recorder or mp3 recorder, but you won't be writing with a utensil.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OfflineBlack_Sunset
Amateur Anesthesiologist
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere California
Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: OrgasmicBanana] * 5
    #20001980 - 05/17/14 01:50 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

http://howtousepsychedelics.org/

Tripping for 10 years, saw the light and ever since it's been a part of my life. My experience includes lsd, mushroom, cactus, dmt, ketamine, 2c's, lsa, a variety of others as well.

If you need to break it down:
LSD 6
mush 15
cactus 6
dmt 20
ketamine 30
2c's 8
lsa 4

Understand why you are here. What has brought you to this forum? You're life is guiding you here for a reason. Whether you're curious, a party-goer, on a spiritual path or drug abuser you're here for a reason.

Psychedelics are powerful tools with incredible strength. They can take you down to your bare bones in a matter of minutes and when you're there you sure as hell can expect those deep-rooted issues to come up. Using drugs like this can objectify your life and show you what you need to fix to create balance in your life. Having this happen for the first time in a party setting can cause a lot of chaos and anxiety.

As a participant in psychedelic drugs you are setting an example for everyone else. You need to be respectful of the drugs and of all people because these drugs are meant for everyone to enjoy. Have your trips, good and bad, and learn your lessons.

--------------------

Edited by Black_Sunset (07/08/14 04:16 PM)

OfflineJot
Male

Loc: East of the Cascades, Wa
Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: Black_Sunset] * 1
    #20002100 - 05/17/14 02:32 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

My first trip was 5 years ago and I have easily taken 175+ trips since then, and most of those were in the year directly after the year when I first tried psychedelics.

My biggest piece of advice is this:
Do not trip too often. All too many people read about how it is possible to "lose the magic" but they don't head other peoples warnings. I can tell you first hand it is most definitely true. For a while I was tripping two times a week, for nearly a year and by the time I stopped I truly felt that I did not enjoy psychedelics. After about a year hiatus I slowly came back, but this time respected rather than abused the substance and Ive been tripping 5-7 times per year since I started again. Since using psychs with respect I find that I am truly enjoying them again

Another piece of advice I have is this:
Try do develop your own rituals and coping mechanisms for the times you do trip. Tripping can be quite intimidating at times and it can help to be able to identify what fears are rational and what aren't. Also being able to decide whether you want to change or accept the thing you are fearing is a good skill to use.
For example, say you are afraid that a cop is going to pull the corner of the street you're standing on and arrest you. Well decide whether that is a rational fear or just in your mind. If you decide that it is rational, the next logical step is to decide whether you want to change it or accept it. You can change it by moving to a new location, or you can accept it as a possibility you can live with and continue standing there.

Those two things have been the most important in my experience

--------------------
The goal of spiritual life is not altered states, but altered traits

OfflineCactusdude
Heisenbergian Wanderer

Loc: Wonderland
Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: Asante] * 8
    #20002248 - 05/17/14 03:23 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Well, let's see... this is going to be a fun "trip" down memory lane! Pun intended.

:busytripping:

Psychedelic Credentials
--------------------------------------------------------
Marijuana (12+ years on and off)
LSD (10+ times)
LSA from Hawaiian Baby Woodrose (4+ times)
San Pedro extraction (mescaline half a dozen times)
Psilocybin Mushrooms, Cubensis strains (couple dozen times)
DMT in Ayahuasca form (only once, that was PLENTY)
2CB (twice)
2C-T-7 (3 times)
Pure MDMA, AKA Molly (3 times)
Ketamine, powder (half a dozen times)
Salvia Divinorum (leaf to 20x standardized extract, dozen+ times)

Non-Psychedelic Adventures
--------------------------------------------------------------
Nitrous Oxide (half a dozen times or so)
Cocaine (pharmaceutical grade, a couple dozen times or so)
Opiates (hundreds of times using Vicodin to Oxycontin and beyond)
Benzodiazapines (few dozen times, especially Valium, Xanax, Klonopin)
Ambien (try and fight the sleep and weirdness ensues, twice)
Quaaludes (half a dozen times, from a trusted European source)
Amphetamine, Methamphetamine (from Adderal to Crank, 3-5 times)

Now that we've established my Bona Fides, some advice for newbies to the drug scene.

:biggrin: CactusDude's Psychedelic Ten Commandments :biggrin:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
  • 1. As curanderos say about Ayahuasca, a little psychedelics warms the heart, too much burns the soul. I advise people not to trip more than once every 3-4 months, or you may be in danger of not adequately respecting the power of these incredible chemicals.

• 2. If you have depression, bi-polar spectrum disorders, or any serious mental health issues, this is not the stuff for you, my friend. Human mental chemistry is fragile, and these chemicals can make an unstable chemical balance tip into dangerous areas. I have seen bi-polar friends become unhinged because of a psychedelic experience, one friend, a former 'cutter," began to cut herself again after ten years of being relatively stable. I have also known people who had managed their depression well for 2,3, 5+ years, but after they took mushrooms, LSD, Ecstasy, etc, they fell into a deep depressive episode. JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE BEEN STABLE LATELY DOESN'T MEAN IT IS SAFE TO ALTER YOUR BRAIN CHEMISTRY. Why ruin a good thing?

• 3. If you are going to take a trip, always be in a good mood, in a good place physically, and a good place mentally. THIS IS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE. Even experienced psychonauts can crash and burn if they aren't in a good head space. BAD MOOD=BAD TRIP

• 4. Always have a sober friend present. Not on the phone, not down the street. PRESENT, IN THE HOUSE WITH YOU.

• 5. Don't go to public places until you have a few trips under your belt with the particular substance you will be taking.

• 6. ALWAYS err on the side of caution. I would rather under-dose myself or a friend 100 times than give someone too much even just once. Under dosing can be fixed, and can even still be fun and enlightening. Too big a dose can "crack your pavement" so to speak, and turn you off psychedelics for life.

• 7. Don't watch sad or violent movies, that should be a no brainer.

• 8.Don't drive. You will be fine, but you will inevitably hit a 4 year-old on a tricycle and kill HIM. That's always how inebriated drivers work.

• 9. Be EXTRA careful about dosing. Read about dosing levels for your sex and weight, no matter how much experience you have with that or other neuro-chemicals. Dose on the LOW END of the recommended spectrum. You never "REALLY" know how if that Mushroom is extra strong, or that LSD was diluted improperly, or how pure that MDMA is.

• 10. Use the Psychedelic scale to predetermine how "hard" you want to trip. This scale us super useful for describing trips to others in the know, and can help keep you form making dosing mistakes. It ranges from 1-5, and each substance has its own flavors of what each level entails.

• Level 1 is a threshold dose, mild stoning.
  • Level 2 is a light dose, colors, vibrant wavy patterns, the beginning of closed eye visuals.
  • Level 3 is the standard psychedelic trip, full on waves, colors open eye visuals, inability to perform everyday tasks.
  • Level 4 is a heavy dose, the kind where you lie on the floor and see things that aren't there.
    [*]Level 5 is where god makes you a grilled cheese sandwich, you lose your ego, and become one with the Universe.

A more detailed and helpful write-up on the Psychedelic Scale can be found here on the Shroomery, or at Erowid.org

My Cautionary LSD Tale
-----------------------------------------------------
:mindblown:

In 2004 I took 3 hits of LSD one night. An hour after consuming them, a friend called and said "Don't take the LSD, it was super strong!" That  3 hits turned out to be 12 hits of LSD, (roughly 2500 micro-grams for those into numbers). I couldn't see the real world for all the geometry and kaleidoscopic magic going on. People's irises disappeared and all I saw was blackness in their eyes. I derailed my brain and was effectively "Gone, baby gone" for 36 hours. I lived a lifetime in Wonderland that weekend, and couldn't touch a psychedelic substance for 3 years, or watch any violent TV or movies for a good 18 months without having problems. I would not wish that trip on anyone. Except George W Bush. yes, I'm still holding a grudge, Bush.

:alert:My Final word of Advice :alert:
--------------------------------------------------------------

Human beings have been taking these substances for 10,000+ years. It is because there is something to be learned from them. Keep an open mind, an open heart, and listen to what becomes unlocked in your own head. Don't just trip to see pretty colors, or to "get fucked up". That is an irresponsible and short-sighted way of using these substances. That is not to say you can't or shouldn't try to do fun things with psychedelics, but while you are enjoying yourself, try to listen to your own subconscious, you rarely get a chance to.

Now, my padowan, go ignore all this hard-earned wisdom and party like you were going to anyway!!!! :calledajoke:

Edited by Cactusdude (05/17/14 03:30 PM)

InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: Cactusdude] * 1
    #20002298 - 05/17/14 03:50 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

been tripping since 2005-2006, shortly after graduating from high school. Back then, dankity LSD was plentiful in Houston area. Had an acid wave lasting over a year or so. In that time i was doing acid almost every weekend. I loved it soo much, it quickly became my favorite drug. Before that, shrooms were my drugs of choice. Cant tell ya how many times ive tripped or how many hits of acid ive taken (as it still goes on today from time to time), but the number is in the hundreds or early thousands. I find psychedelics are easy to handle. You just gotta be calm and have a positive outlook. 'Bad trips' dont normally happen, rather you might be in a bad mood and not enjoying your trip. For me, LSD led to experimenting with DMT and Mescaline. LSD is my drug of choice, but you'll never experience anything like DMT. Best advise i can give is keep calm and dont worry when taking psychedelics. It'll open your mind and change your outlook on life and the way you view things. If you havent tried psychedelics, you dont know what your missing. I really love going to raves, bars and concerts while tripping. Often, ill carry some hits in my pocket waiting for the right moment to trip. Nothing like taking a hit, drinking some beer, smoking some weed, taking another hit and drinking more beer. Psychedelics are just an all round good time, especially LSD. Honesty, i dont know where i would be without them. Psychedelics made me who i am today

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male

Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: Asante] * 3
    #20002339 - 05/17/14 04:06 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Tripped over 10 years, several hundred trips

) Set and Setting
) Set and Setting
) Set and Setting
) Set and Setting
) Set and Setting

Don't stress getting things perfect, just don't trip if you're not sure about your surroundings or your state of mind.

InvisibleMudaFuka
Poppin bottles
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: Jot] * 1
    #20002360 - 05/17/14 04:11 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I have been tripping for 18 years. I couldn't begin to estimate the number of times I have tripped. When I was in my teens I abused almost every drug imaginable. Now that I'm in my thirties I have cleaned up my life and the only drug I use is mushrooms.

I think the most important thing to remember when tripping is that set and setting are extremely important. Make sure you are somewhere you feel safe and at ease. DON'T TRIP AROUND DRUNK PEOPLE. Psychedelics are powerful and should be respected but don't be afraid of them. Remember you are just high, the things you are seeing are all in your head and it's temporary.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A BAD TRIP. Trips can be unpleasant and challenging but in my experience more difficult trips are the most rewarding ones in the end. If you can learn to just let go and let the drugs show you what you need to see psychedelics can be life changing. I take solo trips on high doses up to 30 grams of very potent mushrooms almost every week and it can be overwhelming at times but it has really helped me get to know myself and sort out my thoughts and emotions.

Don't look at psychedelics as a way to get fucked up at parties but rather as powerful spiritual medicine. If you can do so safely I also strongly recommend tripping in nature.

--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: MudaFuka] * 1
    #20003036 - 05/17/14 08:14 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

It is worth noting that in life we have only one mind to mold. It would be wise research exactly what you are putting in your body and also note the adverse effects. Note the physical effects, the psychological effects. Ask questions. Could psychedelics help me? Is there any possibility for long term damage?

Psychedelics, and drugs in general, have the potential to capture our curiosity and even perhaps ameliorate our lives, but it is indeed a fact that psychedelics can have adverse effects. Keep in mind what you are doing with your one body.

Do your drugs in a safe place and consider having a "trip sitter." That is, be sure to do your drugs somewhere comfortable and safe to ensure good times, and perhaps bring along a friend who can watch TV while you "feels weird man."

Again, drugs are fun, but so is life. I was once swept up in too many drugs and I forgot about living for a moment. If you find yourself irritated because you are too broke to afford a ten sack of marijuana then you may want to ask yourself: why am I irritated? Be aware of habits. Be aware of what impact habits can have on your overall health and daily functioning.

It is sad to see people flunk out of college because of drugs. I witnessed many of my friends do exactly that. It is sad because their bad habits led them to fail at something they wanted in life. Now it's years later and they tell me about all their regret. Don't forget about your overall quality of life. 

Some of the laws in this country seem a bit backwards sometimes, but that doesn't change the fact that the police will crack down on you for breaking the law. Keep in mind that when you do certain drugs you are risking something - your record. Even if the risk is small, it is a risk. Be careful to take precautions and be safe out there. Don't get arrested for smoking weed in the park when you could have done it at home in the garage.

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Edited by XUL (05/18/14 07:38 AM)

OfflineBilly Witch Doctor
I am sofa king...

Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: MudaFuka] * 1
    #20003237 - 05/17/14 09:15 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

As someone who's dabbled in psychedelics for 12 years or so, I'll offer my shortlist;
1. It will end! (regardless of how overwhelmed you may get, take comfort in the light at the end of the tunnel)
2. Music music music! (try and keep it upbeat, things you like)
3. Never take anything for sole sake of having it. (spontaneity may be beneficial in other aspects of life, psychedelics deserve more respect than dropping by unannounced)
4. As hokey as it sounds, practice basic meditation, clearing your mind is an invaluable skill, as well as a great precurser to actively listening to your subconcious (which will become roused prepared or no)
5. Start small! No dick measuring what so ever, the experience is what is important.
6. Just go with it. Resistance is indeed futile, as mentioned by others this is usually where negative thoughts start, again see number 1!
7. If at home, come up with some deep questions, and put them on sticky notes around the house, as you wander, you'll see them and it helps keep the questions in mind.
8. Finally really think about who you trip with, if any negative or off vibes are felt, just don't do it.

--------------------
cronicr said:
And there ya have it folks, a how to tame that p%$$y tek!
And after you inoculate be sure to consolidate for nine months and birth but dont dunk n roll this causes aborts with this species....mist directly in the face when needed

InvisibleDickhead
2 Times
Female User Gallery
Loc: groin
Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: XUL] * 2
    #20003297 - 05/17/14 09:30 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I meet the criteria, but argue it only takes one profound psychedelic moment to appropriately advise others. 

The potential is profound to the point that you cannot truly ever be prepared.  Many/most will have fun or pleasant experience that does not saturate every part of life.  If the the door flies open, however, you are talking about a state of being and reflection that could last your entire existence.  It's not all rainbows and teddybears. 

To comprehend the behind the scenes shit may not 'fit' into the life you currently lead....  It is potentially curative for the traumatized, addicted or end of lifers, who need to face the facts.  For a young person say preparing for higher education, getting too many boners and wondering about 'life' it may not be at all what you expected. 

Don't get all fucked...

--------------------
Multiplied

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: Asante] * 6
    #20003365 - 05/17/14 09:54 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I find the quality of my trips is greatly enhanced by doing meditation on a daily basis for at least a few days prior to the session. I also like to do some meditation on the comeup.

Take a deep breath and just submit. There's no need to fight the experience.

If you are an unexperienced tripper, it is best to confine your trips to small circles of people who you are comfortable around in safe, warm, dry places. Once you become a little familiar with a substance, then you can experiment with other possibilities.

Don't take psychedelics if you are already intoxicated by alcohol. I'm not saying fun times can't be had, I'm just saying I've seen a pattern of fun times often not being had.

Have some easy to eat snacks and tasty beverages available.

Experiment with different lighting and music.

And most of all, DON'T TAKE ANYTHING TOO SERIOUSLY!

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Offlinei like cow poo
Nature Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mother Nature's Vagina
Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers *DELETED* [Re: Cactusdude] * 1
    #20003379 - 05/17/14 09:59 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by Asante<p>Reason for deletion: pointless post

Edited by Asante (05/18/14 01:11 PM)

Offlinemary jay
Stranger
Female

Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers *DELETED* [Re: i like cow poo] * 1
    #20003667 - 05/17/14 11:33 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by Asante

Reason for deletion: pointless post

--------------------
"What did you do to my legs, you Nazi walrus bastard"

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: mary jay] * 1
    #20004031 - 05/18/14 02:53 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

definitely have some drawing paper and pre sharpened pencils lying around ;;;) making art while tripping is one of the most ridiculously fun things you can do.

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order