Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJondspops
Fool, the Guesser
 User Gallery

Loc: FL Flag
Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: g00ru] * 2
    #20004884 - 05/18/14 10:08 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Tripped hundreds of times over last 20 years...

One thing that is essential to positive, visionary tripping is purity. Purify your body and mind in the days prior to undertaking your journey. That means fasting for a couple of days or at least a day and try to rid your body of the junk and toxins we all consume. Mentally purify. As others have noted meditation is an excellent way to prepare for your journey. In the days prior and the minutes prior to liftoff after ingestion. One of my most profound trips was one during which I thought I had eaten fake mushrooms, nothing happened. I proceeded to meditate on the lawn of an all day concert for several hours. Whether the psychedelics were real or not, the extended meditation led me to the deep recesses of my mind. I learned the true power of the mind and the truth that you are capable of accessing moments, memories, things you have learned and forgotten years before -- with amazing recall and clarity if you harness the power of humankind through meditation.

DO NOT EVER TAKE HALLUCINOGENS IF YOU ARE PRESCRIBED MEDICATION FOR ANY MOOD OR MENTAL DISORDERS. These substances (both prescribed and other) are very powerful. Taking a hallucinogen when you are on SSRIs can cause a trip to last weeks that was supposed to last a day. Also any pharm drug may interact with hallucinogens. Do your research.
Do not take hallucinogens if you are currently addicted to a substance. Hallucinogens will overpower just about anything else you might put in your body. That can be good and that can be a problem for an addict.

There are things written by experts (besides this thread). Study the work of Terrance McKenna, Maria Sabina, Ken Kesey.... These are the pioneering psychonauts of our time.

Be aware that these experiences may change you. It is up to you whether you gain from it or lose something out of the experience. Know the immense power that you are tapping into. Know that human beings have been on this same journey for thousands of years. We are all with you, we are all counting on you, your breakthrough is the next step in the evolution of our consciousness. Do the right thing...

--------------------
''Come back here you meddling kids!
Drop those dog gone mushrooms 'fore I swip ya with my cane!!!''

Edited by Jondspops (05/18/14 07:45 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblefalsereality

Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: Jondspops] * 1
    #20005104 - 05/18/14 11:07 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

1. The pressure you feel in your head is harmless if you've taken clean shrooms or LSD, don't freak out about the congestion of your nose/sinus.

2. Keep some benzos (preferably fast acting with a short half-life) handy, they are an excellent way to calm yourself during a bad trip.

Invisiblewhitelights
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: falsereality] * 1
    #20005930 - 05/18/14 02:37 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Hello my name is white lights and I have a problem.... I mean psychedelics have a problem getting eaten by me. This is my fifth year tripping and I have been smoking weed daily for about four years.

I have eaten mushrooms easily 50-60~ times. MDMA about five times, MDA about fifteen times, ketamine 30~ times, DMT about 30 times as well. I have eaten LSD on at least 200 or more occasions. Anywhere from 25 mics all the way up to the milligram range.

I started eating mushrooms at the age of 14 as my first psychedelic experience. I would suggest starting with a gram and working your way up to 2ish grams over the course of half a dozen to a dozen trips. Then after that try an eighth. I've only eaten over an eight 8 or 9 times and over five grams 4 times. There's things higher doses show that smaller ones do not so be safe and be comfortable, drink plenty of water and I promise that you will come down. This is with very very good mushrooms. I can eat 2 grams or 8 grams of the street mushrooms going around and get about the same high. With mushrooms grown from myself and one other individual are the only mushrooms I eat, so grow your own! It will be much more satisfying in the end.

I can't stress enough how many times people have described there bad trips to me and I say that sounds like some of the most beautiful experiences I've had on mushrooms. They are going to take you where they are going to take you weather you like it or not, so do not struggle, do not hold on. Just let go, I call it vegging out. Do not think or even try to think of anything or doing anything after a few seconds the mushrooms will take over and bring you on the ride easily.

If you so chose to ketamine, MDMA, etc please please please test very bag you get with a test kit, who knows what's in that powder. I suggest again start small and work your way up. With ketamine sometimes it wacks you out like you just got hit with a baseball bat and you just way wuhhhhhh to every one talking around you be safe. With real MDMA there is absolutely no reason to be taking a lot. Or frequently, this is a dangerous drug when absused. I use it maybe every four months.

With dmt I would suggest staring small, but there's low level and high level dmt which are two entirely different things. I would suggest starting as high as possible then fooling around with lower doses for fun. Because I did fifteen low dose trips before I tried the breakthrough and none of those trips could prepare me for what was coming. Be comfortable and be open. Don't expect anything just behold it with all you can before it's over.

What I'm going to say about LSD is that before I tried it, I thought I wanted the drug it self. But it's a way bigger picture than just that. After I tried it I realized what it was all about. I honestly believe it can change the world in ways which society cannot yet perceive. But the more people we show the light the better chances we have. And that's what our mission is. It has value to me as a recreational drug, a spiritual tool, an extremely therapeutic tool and a way of life.

Please respect such a sacred thing. Every culture has had their "medicine" throughout the course of earth. I believe LSD is our cultures medicine, although we live in a time where we have unparalleled access to all of these different drugs that have been used as medicine LSD is truly ours. Maybe back in the day when they discovered mushrooms affects There was a small period of time where the elders said no, these mushrooms make you crazy and they are bad. Then over a small amount of time the consciousness bout it changed and the lasting impact for the greater was attained. Well LSD has been illegal for 48 years now. On the cosmic timeline if it's illegal for another 48 years and has possibly hundreds of years of impact after then it was all worth it and 100 years is but a blip on the map.

Now for the drug itself please be careful and start small, any adverse reaction although unlikely is manageable on a small scale versus a train wreck on a larger scale. To me it feels as if the drug turns on every receptor I have plus more I didn't know I have and releases a full spectrum on all those receptors. You can see the full spectrum, hear the full spectrum, taste the full spectrum, feel the full spectrum and smell the full spectrum with tens if thousands of volts of electricity running on your nerves at ten thousand degrees above and below farenheight all at the same time. Start with half a dose and work your way up by half a doze more every time. Never double the dose until you are experienced.

Regardless of what your told your doses are,somewhere around the 225-300 mic range things will get strange. All the things I described above will get jumbled up so you will look to something but feel the texture of it, you'll brush by something and smell it with your skin. I've never "tasted" a color but I sure have felt colors, and I sure have tasted what felt like the glass of my bowl growing and enveloping my whole mouth with a glassy coating, turns out I was chewing in candy and my bowl was nowhere to found. If you think you thunk a thought the thought must be real, which means you are real and do exist, you are just tripping and you will come down. I promise with all my heart<3

In general psychedelics can cause massive changes in your consciousness. They are no joke but seriously fun and have serious lasting effects on you. My average dose is half an eighth to 3 grams of mushrooms and half a dose-2 doses of really good acid. Go and do something you love, go see a jam band, go out in the mountains and most of all watch the stars dance and eat some love with someone you love, it truly is love.

--------------------
its that bitter-sweet-sour, electric-smooth-twang. everything you ever have, are. or will feel along with every emotion, joy, hate, love, fear or aspiration burning down your nerves and into the fabric of your place in this existence at ten thousand degrees above and below zero will you find yourself wondering if you've been dead or alive this whole time. being born over and over only to die over and over hoping the wheel stops in the same place it started when you spun it, and when it finally does and you can step back and take a nice deep breath you realize how beautiful life is, remember, wake up to the most beautiful day of your life every single day, its just the way.

Invisible4HO-DMT
 User Gallery

Loc: County Line Road
Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: whitelights] * 1
    #20006274 - 05/18/14 04:12 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Experience level: 18 years, about a hundred trips under my belt from LSD, mushrooms, and cactus.

I would emphasize the importance of putting a bunch of time between trips.  After a trip, sometimes you want to do it so bad right away. But, don't. Aside from high tolerance levels after a trip, There is a more important reason to space out your trips. I would recommend a month minimum between trips.

The Psychedelic state is very special. When you do it too frequently, it looses that specialness and subsequent experiences tend to be sub par, i.e. you won't benefit so much from these trips.

The second reason for spacing trips out in time is, you need time for your psyche to relax after a trip.  I have found that, for instance, two trips in two days can make you feel dumb and forgetful. But, more importantly, spacing trips out allows for you to learn from the experience and integrate this knowledge into your life.  There is a huge flux of info into your psyche during a trip. Time allows you to apply this information and sort it out.

Enjoy newbs. I would love to start that road all over again from the beginning. :peace:

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger

Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: 4HO-DMT] * 1
    #20007161 - 05/18/14 08:20 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Tripping for at least 17 years now.

shrooms 100 to 200 at least. Used it 30 times a yr or sometimes as little as 5 to 10.

Mescaline 4-5

dmt and or changa 50 or more

lsd about 5

2ce 10 or more

doc 10 or more

5 meo dalt 4

4 ho mipt 3

morning glory heavenly blue 5

morning glory pearly gates 3

ketamine 20 or more

mdma 3-4

mdma+meth combo....don't ever do this combo. Unless your wanting to get real close to death!!!!

combo ketamine+lsd
combo nitrous+dmt
combo shrooms+4ho mipt
combo 5meo dalt+ 5eapb
combo dmt+mescaline+harmaline alkaloids
And then of course sleep deprivation led by meth that turned into a psychedelic experience. Of course some might argue this. But visual distortions motivated by sleep deprivation and extreme paranoia can be extremely psychedelic and even cartoonish in nature.

My advice: always start low with a new substance. Find a center. Know that life is going to prevail and you will get to the end of a trip .

Let yourself go. Because that's what its all about. Your reality is being crushed because sometimes reality fucking sucks and that's why we trip lol. To make life more enjoyable. To see the brightest of the colors around you and notice the little things you never notice because u r stressed or worried about things.

To dissociate self from your fucking phone!! cause now u cant figure out how to operate that thing lol.

Cheers:sunny: Need any help with anything...u can always message me or just comment on here:sunny:

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: Asante] * 3
    #20007836 - 05/18/14 11:49 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Well, I've been using the major psychedelics since 1971, and I began using hashish (and other cannabis products) on New Year's Eve 1968-69, so essentially, I've been tripping for 40+ years. I would prefer not to pontificate (since anyone familiar with my posts knows that I can be long-winded). But beginning users NEED a sitter at the very least, but preferably an experienced tripper. One need not have a plan, or prepare experiments ahead of time (like sensory experiences, or testing to see how perceptual or rational processes might be effected), but, SET and SETTING is critical for a good outcome, and that means a safe place, and one of privacy (I'm not addressing immature idiots who want to go out in public, or to a club, or who are simply poly-drug abusers looking for novelty. I'm addressing intelligent explorers). There should be no obligations for the duration of the trip, so as not to create time-bound anxiety. As to SET, I always recommend as a preparation that a newbie obtain a copy of BE HERE NOW, and read the first part at least a day or two before the trip to assimilate it. Then, at some point during the trip, when the mind again begins to formulate questions, or if someone is experiencing emotional conflict or turbulence, that one open the core book (the brown or yellow middle portion) at the beginning, and begin to read it. It was designed with very large print to accommodate eye dilation and interference from visuals.

Except for a sound system for music, put your other electronics away, especially the cell phone. For a particularly powerful piece of music that can take some people backwards through the birth process, I recommend listening to Jerry Garcia's 1972 album, 'Garcia,' beginning with track 5, 'Late For Supper,' and continuing to track 10. Even recently a long-time tripper in his 50s had a particularly powerful experience with us and this piece of music. It takes me to another level every time. Sometimes vocals and even standard musical melodies, no matter how much one loves them ordinarily, causes great distress, but so does silence. In this case, I HIGHLY recommend listening to certain sitar ragas by Ravi Shankar. 'Sound of the Sitar' and 'In New York' are two of my favorites. This is not merely for pleasure, but you will find that there comes a time of distress where one's nervous system will require some serious re-booting. If one thinks they want to take a depressant drug to come down, is too stimulated or too upset, trust me on this. There is a reason The Beatles and Moody Blues introduced sitar into there own music, and believe me, it is for medicinal reasons that I mention this.

To date, BE HERE NOW remains the single most useful and most readily available tripping manual. I have two, and have gone through many as well as having given many away. It imparts the "Perennial Philosophy," to use  Aldous Huxley's expression, or the "Transcendent Unity of Religions" to use Frithjof Schuon's book title. It does not attempt to force any particular religious system, but allows for one to understand some of the essential commonalities between many of them, which represents the mystical core of all of them. I would not recommend The Psychedelic Experience as a manual for the newbie tripper. Firstly it requires a reader, and an experienced tripper who is familiar with the use of the book, Secondly, it is nowhere near user-friendly for the newbie. Follow these few suggestions, and Happy Trails!

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (06/08/14 03:34 PM)

OfflineTheGreenArrow
Goodbye, Mr. Chops.
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: MarkostheGnostic] * 1
    #20008279 - 05/19/14 02:13 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Experience:Somewhere between 100-150 trips.  I stopped counting early on, that's a conservative estimate.  Over the span of around 8 years.

Ideas about The Psychedelic Experience:
1.If you start to become overwhelmed.  Stop. Breathe.  I can't count how many time's the simple act of breathing has helped remind me to exist in the absolute present whist deep in the void.
2.Don't be afraid to mix it up(within the bounds of good reason and common sense)- Sometimes a big bag of :nitrous: or a hit of DMT can propel your head from a current state of affairs.  If only for a brief moment, ego is ripped apart like the ripping of a band-aid.  For me personally this has completely shifted an entire day's worth of uneasy tripping.
3.  When in doubt turn off your mind.  Just the simple act of existing is enough.  Relax and know yourself.
4.While not for everyone, the last advise I would give is have reverence.  Respect the plant teachers and the lessons they have to teach.  There is much to hold sacred within the morphogenetic field of each different substance.  Having respect for the dose itself by proxy gives respect to those who've come before you and partaken in the shattering of the windows of perception. The shamans, ayahuasceros, the psychiatrists seeking a new answer for a stigmatized class of people, the rock bands, the stoners, the diggers, the pranksters.  I personally believe all of our collective experience imbues itself into these wondrous chemicals.  Having reverence helps to tap into the main vein of it all.

--------------------
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.- Robert A. Heinlein
Saint RedBow of the Shroomey Loomey-Patron Saint of Sandbaggin Sumbitchs

Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

Loc: higher plane of sex
Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: Jondspops] * 1
    #20009620 - 05/19/14 12:12 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I first tripped in 1996
130 mushroom trips.  About one pound of mushrooms.
3 LSD trips.
Smoked or ate about 20 pounds of cannabis

I had smoked a lot of cannabis before I tripped.  I also had a lot of experience drinking.  I first tried 1.8 g mushrooms and my friend took the rest of the eigth.  Next, I tried 3.5 g.  This was too big of an increase in dosage!  I ended up walking down a highway while I was peaking and finally hopped a barbed wire fence to get away from the cars.  I cut myself hopping the fence.  I call it my trip scar.
I suggest starting with 1 g of mushrooms.  Increase the dose slowly.  I preferred tripping in the redwood forest or by the creek.  I used to like to walk off one of the paths for several hundred feet so I could easily find my way back, and so I could make noise and be wild looking and no one would ever see me.

Take care

--------------------
One Love True Indeed.  Have Good Trips.  Mike/sunshine's mom.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: zappaisgod] * 1
    #20009897 - 05/19/14 01:15 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

20 years, hundreds of trips.

Know your substance.
Do your research.
If in doubt, trip with a sitter or do not trip at all.
Be safe.
Be smart.
Have fun.
Stay the fuck offline.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleSpitballJedi
Ancient Astronaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nibiru Flag
Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: Asante] * 1
    #20010519 - 05/19/14 03:46 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

My first trip was in 1986. I have taken mushrooms as well as LSD many many times over the years, I guesstimate approximately around 150-200 times.

Advice:

Have some basic planning. I don't go on any trip without some basic preparedness.

1) Don't try to impress anyone with how much you can dose. Nobody is impressed.

2) Have a home-base. Know where you're gonna be and how you'll get back if you leave. You're first trips should be in a comfortable familiar place.

3) Know who you're going to dose with. Meeting people is fun, but I feel better when I have a core of friends. Your first trips should be with people you know and trust.

4) Have easy access to plenty of drinking water. I'm more active when tripping and sweat more. Being well hydrated makes for a smoother experience. If you start feeling bad, you'll be surprised at how often you just need some water.

5) Take mushrooms or LSD on an empty stomach. I get mushroom gurgles if I have food digesting too; it makes me feel bloated and nauseous and starts the trip out wrong.

6) I don't like to mix drugs. If i'm shrooming or taking LSD, I don't drink alcohol. Alcohol is a depressant and has a negative psychological affect on me when I dose. Some people say pot and mushrooms are made for each other. I disagree. I would strongly suggest not mixing drugs until you have some experience.

7) Maybe most important: Remember, no matter what happens, you are on a hallucinogen. That's why being in a familiar place with trusted friends is important. If you start to spin, a good, positive environment can be the difference between fun and just wanting it to stop. I usually have a couple of Xanax around just in case.

I have somewhat of a ritual. Rarely do I spontaneously decide to trip anymore.

The day I'm gonna trip, I like to start with a nice healthy and nutritious breakfast. Get nice and full with some lean protein, carbs and vitamins.

Then, I do sort of a light internal cleansing by drinking plenty of water and unfiltered apple juice throughout the day. I may eat some fruit and nuts during the day. By late afternoon, I'm ready for a nice big healthy shit. After that, I know my system is fairly clean so I don't get the gurgles. I'm ready to dose.

My pre-dose ritual keeps me energized for my trip without experiencing the gurgles. I've tried skipping breakfast, but then I get light headed and forget that I haven't eaten all day and think something is wrong.

I usually get a little hungry by the end of the night, but most food is UN-appeling. Knowing I have a home-base means I can stash a few snacks. Fruits and nuts is what I usually want.

Some friends think my ritual is strange, but once they try it they see why I do it. My physical preparations enable me to have a smoother psychological experience. It also gets me in a mind-set throughout the day.

Yogi's often speak of cleansing the body for meditation. Your body can be a distraction if you let it.

--------------------
The Basics
A little civility goes a long way

The Noob Forum
The Hammock Hangers' Forum

Offlinebengal
Bengal
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: Rose] * 1
    #20010570 - 05/19/14 03:59 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow: Experience:  Over 7 years, and have tripped at least 60 times. :mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:

1. Relax, don't try to fight anything you are experiencing.  A little nausea for me with shrooms during the initial onset is normal, but it always passes. With LSD, I don't experience this usually. Instead of resisting any discomfort, welcome it. The more resistance you have, the longer it will last. It will soon fade. Also, try to have an empty stomach. If its your first time, start with a smaller amount, ie. less than an eighth. 

2. There is nothing to be afraid of. Understand that the sensations you are experiencing are temporal.  No need to worry about anything. Standard trip times of around 6 hours for shrooms, and 8-10 for LSD in my experience are about right, but that is for the overall experience.  The more intense part of a trip usually only lasts for about half that amount of time or even less.

3. Choose a safe environment, don't be stupid. For a first trip, I would choose a nice sunny day, and would not advise tripping at night.  I would personally recommend somewhere where you will run into a minimal amount of strangers. A beautiful spot in nature, on a hike/adventure is my favorite choice. A secluded beach is also an amazing place to trip if available. I personally always would rather trip outdoors than indoors, but everyones different. For a first trip, being in the comfort of your own home can inarguably be a good thing, but my best trips have ALWAYS been outdoors.

4. Music. Music can be literally instantly shape and change the vibe of your trip. Good music can really enhance a trip and can also be used to calm down if you are experiencing uncomfortable symptoms. Just choose good, positive music. I personally would recommend Boards of Canada. Through their music I have experienced an incomparable understanding and perspective of nature and existence.    However, I wouldn't always recommend music. Its definitely NOT a necessity in any sort of way. Actually, for the past year or so, I haven't been listening to any music at all while tripping, and instead I just enjoy the natural sounds in nature.

5. Friends. Be with good friends whom you are very comfortable with and can share the experience. Having an experienced tripper with you is preferable, but not necessary. It can be very fun to experience first trips together with a few good friends. I wouldn't recommend larger groups though. Tripping alone is also great though for the insightful nature of it. Lately, I have mainly been tripping alone as although I love my friends, I can't always stand tripping with them as they just prefer to do different things than me.  Ex. They like laughing, and having a really fun time (which there is nothing wrong with at all, and I also enjoy sometimes), but I also really like just walking in peace, meditating, and doing yoga.

6. Bottom line is, HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE. Mushrooms are an amazing gift from mother nature, and what you can gain from the experiences are life changing in an amazingly good way.

--------------------

OfflineTheGreenArrow
Goodbye, Mr. Chops.
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: Rose] * 2
    #20011969 - 05/19/14 09:48 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

8 years tripping experience with 100-150 trips going.

One theme that keeps popping up in some of my most recent trips is this sacredness of the personal parts of the experience.  I'm slowly starting to realize the more of the lessons I internalize and keep to myself.  I mean just not talk about them at all until the experience has fully had time to integrate itself back into my day to day.
Its so incredibly hard though, I'm used to having a trip and then afterwords talking to my close friends and lover about those intangible fancies.  But I've noticed the lessons I've kept secret.  Well they seem far more profound and pesonal to me.

So don't go rushing the hills proclaiming enlightenment!  Integrate that feeling, internalize it for as long as feels comfortable.

--------------------

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male

Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: TheGreenArrow] * 1
    #20012005 - 05/19/14 09:54 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TheGreenArrow said:
8 years tripping experience with 100-150 trips going.

One theme that keeps popping up in some of my most recent trips is this sacredness of the personal parts of the experience.  I'm slowly starting to realize the more of the lessons I internalize and keep to myself.  I mean just not talk about them at all until the experience has fully had time to integrate itself back into my day to day.
Its so incredibly hard though, I'm used to having a trip and then afterwords talking to my close friends and lover about those intangible fancies.  But I've noticed the lessons I've kept secret.  Well they seem far more profound and pesonal to me.

So don't go rushing the hills proclaiming enlightenment!  Integrate that feeling, internalize it for as long as feels comfortable.

Interesting, I've noticed this with psychedelics. Also with meditation, lucid dreams, and really any over the top experience. Sometimes its good to share but I like to keep my secrets too

OfflineTheGreenArrow
Goodbye, Mr. Chops.
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: Repertoire89] * 1
    #20012073 - 05/19/14 10:04 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Of course, like somehow hanging words over the experience somehow cheapens it.  It's like when you describe it you pin it down before you even have a chance to know what your psyche was trying to get at in the first place.

--------------------

OfflineAqualung2012
Wayfarer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicagoland
    #20012772 - 05/20/14 12:51 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I have been tripping since at least 2005, and I'm 26 years old at this time. I've lost count of how many times I've done true hallucinogens as well as other psychoactive compounds.

The "trippy" substances I've experienced (in the order I first tried them) are salvia divinorum (various extracts,) dextromethorphan (coricidin, robitussin, etc,) mushrooms, LSD, 25I NBOME, DMT, Ketamine and nitrous oxide. I've also smoked pot and cigarettes, drank booze did MDMA and MDA a bit of coke throughout the years.

Now... I am me. You are you. I have a strong stomach and I keep a pretty even keel even when my mind is going nuts on a drug. I don't take heroic doses of anything, because I like to *accent* my activities with the trip, not be a writhing puddle of madness on the floor. Granted, I've had a couple +4 moments in my life, but even then I kept it together.

That said... My advice to any new tripper is to educate yourself about what you're doing. Moreso... Educate yourself about yourself. Tripping generally exaggerates ones thoughts and feelings, no matter how false or true they may be.

For instance: if you think you could be harmed or die from taking a given substance, you could potentially freak yourself out pretty bad. Even worse... If you fool yourself into thinking a substance is completely safe when it isn't, you could find yourself in a lot of trouble really quick. Make every effort to identify the drug as what it's claimed to be. Also, start with a small dose initially to see how you react and to gauge the potency of what you have.

There's a ton of great advice from Leary and others which detail this. If you're here reading up then you're already on the right track. Read about set and setting. Read trip reports. Don't get pushed into a situation you won't be comfortable or safe in.

Tripping in general is usually very fun and enlightening if done mindfully. But avoid strangers, telephone, heights, traffic. DO NOT DRIVE... Just keep in mind common sense and the bigger picture of what you're doing. And it really helps to have someone with you who's been down the road before.

I'll add some more later.

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers *DELETED* [Re: Asante] * 2
    #20012902 - 05/20/14 01:30 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by PrimalSoup

Reason for deletion: irrelevant

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Edited by PrimalSoup (05/21/14 04:53 PM)

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: PrimalSoup] * 1
    #20013296 - 05/20/14 04:38 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I have tripped hundreds of times.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: Rose] * 1
    #20013542 - 05/20/14 06:52 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

No idea how many times I've tripped. Started in probably 1992 or so. Been going strong since.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Offlinemastercultivator
Master Cultivator
 User Gallery

#20014600 - 05/20/14 11:54 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I have tripped for 16 years.  Not continuously through that period there have been breaks for a year or two early on.  I have a perma-trip that was annoying and tiring for the first couple of years from a trip that never really wore off at the end while experimenting with mushroom extracts.  I've had dozens of trips.  I've taken mushrooms, DMT, LSD, mescaline, and cannabis extracts.  I have also thrown some yummy mushroom parties with over a half dozen guests at a time.

1)  For Psyches:  If it were legal it would come with a warning label.
Do not take where you may be susceptible to death or injury by drowning, hypothermia, or falling.  (Basically don't put yourself in a position where you can die or get hurt by drowning, freezing, or falling - If you do it is 100% your fault since you were warned here)

2)  Dosage:  Have an idea of what you are in for.  Do a bit of research.

3)  Enjoy the experience and listen to what it is telling you.

Invisiblebotha
Male

Re: Psychedelic Veteran Advice for Novice Trippers [Re: mastercultivator] * 1
    #20015505 - 05/20/14 03:25 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I have been tripping since 2006. I have tried tons of different shit. If I were to choose only 2 substances and nothing else until the end of my life, the choice is:

mushrooms and weed

good luck :smile:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale