Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleichbinkiffer
...like amo'fuckie

when intellectuals take drugs...trip report inside!
    #1999800 - 10/11/03 11:58 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

first of all, some pics from the night. my ever-faithful piece
our shrooms in baggies (8g dried total)
and a whole lotta lotta schwiggity-schwag that my buddy (with whom i tripped) brought up

now onto the report itself

my friend got into town at about 9.45 or so. we walked around campus a bit and hung out. we shared a quick bowl of the schwag and started eating our shrooms. there were 8g of oaxaca total so we each got a nice strong dose fo 4g. this was to be the first mushroom trip ever for both of us. they didn't taste too bad, especially compared to what i hear from everyone online. we chewed on 'em until they were a mush and held them in our mouths for a good 10 minutes at least. we smoked a bit more and kinda hung out listening to music anticipating the effects. we were both worried that something would go wrong as these shrooms were home grown by my dog. luckily, he didn't screw anything up. my friend, who i will call j, was starting to come up so we decided we'd better get to the campus center and get something to eat while we were still somewhat presentable in public. hurried over there and picked up a bagel and waters for each of us and then our magnificent journey truly began. we came back to my room briefly, smoked a little more, and then decided to go out on a walk.

we started following the train tracks that run through campus north up to a golf course i'd previously been to while tripping on 5meodipt. i remembered many things about that night and once we started walking on the greens of the course was when the effects really started to kick in. looking at the grass on the green initiated a patterning in both of our visions, which was to be one of the few oevs of the night. from then on for the next few hours it looked like there was a very fine wire fence about 10 feet in front of me. as we were walking up a hill to one hole we both suddenly started creeping forward cautiously because the "fencing" effect looked so real we didn't want to run straight into it. here we were, cigarettes in hand, flipping our shit not wanting to run into a fence, and when we realized how high we both were we started laughing hysterically. j remarked that phyllis (our name for 'shrooms, kinda like mary jane is to weed) "all of a sudden came up behind him and whacked him over the head" and i agreed. the trip kicked in on high.

after wandering around the course for awhile we decided to continue north on the train tracks. it was such a great decision, too. absolutely nobody was around to bother us and the tracks run right past my dorm so there was no risk of being lost. it was made all the better by the fact that we didn't have any way of telling time, no cell phones, etc....just the bare essentials. as we journeyed north we discussed a wide variety of philosophical and existential topics from life to nature to the universe and its creators, etc. both of us were very poetic, articulate and quotable. j said that he felt as if he were living in the wink of god, which i thought was a great way to describe the feeling. as we kept walking we discussed how the train track was like a metaphor for our trip and our life; a linear progression into the random and unknown. it was truly beautiful. we both agreed that it's a horrible shame that anyone would want to deem such a wonderful gift from nature to be illegal or bad.

inevitably, though, we had to turn around and come back. we didn't mark where we turned around or when we did or how far we'd come. i think it was better that way. we estimated that we walked between 8 and 10 miles all told last night. we were coming down rapidly but very gently and naturally on the way back and we decided to go to the kum&go (the only food option open at 3 am here) for food. it was easily one of the most satisfying meals ever.

today i am left with a nice afterglow from the experience, which i truly believe to be a turning point in my life. until last night both of us had been plagued with feelings of inadequacy, questions about where we were headed in life, etc. now, however, both of us agreed that we felt like we understood life much more (we decided that the meaning of life is to have experiences and share them with others). i did a lot of thinking about myself and while there are still things i'd like to improve or change in my life and some of them still require a great deal of work, i fully believe i'm headed in the right direction adn that i'm developing wonderfully as a person.

we definitely plan to trip again. probably over winter break, so as not to wear out the magic. all in all the experience was absolutely phenomenal. as far as i know, oaxaca and the rest of the south american varieties aren't as potent as the thai varieties such as lipa yai, which is what we plan on dosing next time. if this is one of the bottom rungs of the ladder, shroom-wise, i can't wait to explore the rest.

peace, everyone

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: when intellectuals take drugs...trip report inside! [Re: ichbinkiffer]
    #2000154 - 10/11/03 02:41 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like an awesome first time, well written and engaging experience.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineBhairabas
Stranger

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: when intellectuals take drugs...trip report inside! [Re: PDU]
    #2000210 - 10/11/03 03:16 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Man the further you go the biggger it gets... It's up to you how far your willing to let it take you..

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: when intellectuals take drugs...trip report inside! [Re: ichbinkiffer]
    #2000751 - 10/11/03 06:53 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Don't forget about the future

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: when intellectuals take drugs...trip report inside! [Re: Strumpling]
    #2001499 - 10/12/03 01:45 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

lots of people just take shrooms to get high but i prefer the shroomer philosphy (well, the high and visuals are fun too:cool:)

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: when intellectuals take drugs...trip report inside! [Re: TODAY]
    #2001637 - 10/12/03 02:56 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Great trip report! It reminded me that I'm looking forward to "mushroom debates," my new boyfriend and his friends have a tradition in the winter of chosing philosophical issues then shrooming and discussing them from the perspective of the shroomy state of mind. I havn't been involved in this yet, but we'll probably do it soon.

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Chopper Challenge

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: when intellectuals take drugs...trip report inside! [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #2001711 - 10/12/03 03:22 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

chosing philosophical issues then shrooming and discussing them from the perspective of the shroomy state of mind

this is awsome! why didnt i think of this before? (as i write it on top of my to do list :grin:)

it would be cool if this is how they did the presidential debates, huh? :nut:

anyway, great trip, and report. reminds me of my first time on shrooms...you will always remember your first time....ahhhhhh, sweet memories. almost brings a tear to my eye. glad to hear you had such an experience on them, hopefully you will continue to grow with this new outlook. congrats, and good luck! 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports