Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleautomanM
blasted chipmunk
 User Gallery

Re: Lost my positive outlook on life [Re: OldSpice]
    #2007511 - 10/14/03 02:31 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i imagine that you are feeling powerless and that causes depression. this is what you should do. create something. build a shitty table. build a model airplane. fuck, just build a big ass wooden box. then, get a shitty paint set. paint the box/table/model. and i mean spend some serious time doing it. make it look great.

then get a sledgehammer and beat the living shit out of it. reduce it to nothing. then just walk away from it.

you, as a person, have the power to create. you, as a person, have the power to destroy. you have the power to leave things behind you.

do it. actually do it. it heals the animal in you as well as the god in you.

when you are done, sit back and think about how the actions felt and what they meant to you in a physical and spiritual sense.

--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Lost my positive outlook on life [Re: automan]
    #2007546 - 10/14/03 03:05 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

No, it's not that I feel powerless. It's that I feel unappreciated, like no one acknowledges me.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleautomanM
blasted chipmunk
 User Gallery

Re: Lost my positive outlook on life [Re: silversoul7]
    #2007558 - 10/14/03 03:23 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

find something ahout yourself that you appreciate. the need for ackowledgment is the trapping of the ego.

--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Lost my positive outlook on life [Re: automan]
    #2007568 - 10/14/03 03:43 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I know. I think what I need is another massive, ego-shattering trip.

--------------------

Anonymous #1

#2008099 - 10/14/03 10:56 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I need a ego shattering trip too...

my ego is the worse thing for me... it destroys myself.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2008468 - 10/14/03 02:09 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Be wary of using drugs to heal social issues

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Lost my positive outlook on life [Re: Strumpling]
    #2008508 - 10/14/03 02:25 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I understand that, but fortunately, I have been feeling better lately, so I don't think it'll be too much of a problem.

--------------------

Offlinepillsbury420
psychedelicscientist

#2008525 - 10/14/03 02:32 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
No, it's not that I feel powerless. It's that I feel unappreciated, like no one acknowledges me.

Take a look at your ratings. It may be a web forum but you are very much appreciated here. I've enjoyed your posts since i've been on the shroomery. Have you ever tried meditating? you will get through this (and i'm sure you already know that). Stay up.

pills.

--------------------
The day you were born, you were born free. That is your privilege.

I forgot to remember.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2009382 - 10/14/03 07:27 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

hooray for all!

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinejono
misc.
Loc: Sydney, Australia
    #2017061 - 10/17/03 02:34 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Silversoul,

This may seem like its based on some assumptions about you that I may not be fully aware of, so If im off the mark I apologise, but it seems to me that you are feeling down and depressed due to a deep longing in your life. There is a longing in your life for someone to love, someone for you to express all of your love towards, and for someone to love you back and make you feel appreciated. Because that longing remains unfulfilled you start to worry about whether or not you are loveable for who you are, and your insecurities become stronger. Ive been through a very similar thing to you, and I have a little advice.

Take this next bit to heart, because I promise you that its true. You never know how the future in a wider sense will turn out. Never. No matter how much you plan, long, assume or expect, it always has a habit of turning out different to what you expect. Think of it this way, if someone told you 5 years ago how your life would turn out in the next 5 years up until the present day you would never believe them. If they told you the people you would meet, the things you would do and see and have happen to you, you would never, ever believe them. I know if someone did that with me, I would have found what they told me totally incomphrehendable. The truth is life is full of so many unexpected things, every moment is full of possibility. Its easy to get stuck in a rut when you think that things are always going to be the same, and that your life is always going to be like this, but I promise you that it wont be. Infact I dont need to promise you, because its a fact of life. You never know whats going to happen with your life or how its going to turn out, so enjoy the fact that you are alive and have the chance to take part in those possibilities!

Hope that helped,
Jono.

(Btw if you ever need someone to chat to about any of this stuff, Im more than willinging to help, just drop me a PM or whatever)

--------------------
Our problem results from acting like cowboys on a limitless frontier when in truth we inhabit a living spaceship with a finely balanced life-support system." David C. Korton

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Lost my positive outlook on life [Re: jono]
    #2017072 - 10/17/03 02:39 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Thank you, man. I usually get pissed off when people make assumptions about me, but you were right on the mark, and the advice you gave me is exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you.

--------------------

InvisibleAsshat
Ub?r Geek

#2017155 - 10/17/03 04:10 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
I know. I think what I need is another massive, ego-shattering trip.

This is going to be blunt. If you don't like what I have to say, I'm sorry.

I think you're feeling the way that you are because you are seeing that you really have nothing. A majority of your spare time is spent using drugs and posting at the Shroomery. You think that the way out of your situation is by having a hard shroom trip. You seem to be consumed by drugs.

You know, most of the insight you've gained comes from growing up and experiencing life. You're giving shrooms credit for something that you should be crediting yourself for.

The only way you're going to truly feel better about yourself is to get something in your life that is actually meaningful. Here's a quote you should recognize..

"... The truth is that I'm a bad person, but that's gonna change. I'm going to change. This is the last of that sort of thing. I'm cleaning up and moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you -- the job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electrical tin opener. Good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure-wear, luggage, three-piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine-to-five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, index pension, tax exemption, clearing the gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

--------------------
I'm a Space Cowboy...

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Loc: ked in a Skin Pinata
Re: Lost my positive outlook on life [Re: Asshat]
    #2017191 - 10/17/03 04:50 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Woot! Trainspotting. How true, how true. I gain more respect for you with every post, Asshat.

--------------------
In the end, my friend, we will all be together again.

Offlinejono
misc.
Loc: Sydney, Australia
    #2017683 - 10/17/03 10:56 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

No Worries at all dude, It makes me happy that I was able to help  :smile: 

--------------------
Our problem results from acting like cowboys on a limitless frontier when in truth we inhabit a living spaceship with a finely balanced life-support system." David C. Korton

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Lost my positive outlook on life [Re: jono]
    #2018361 - 10/17/03 03:50 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Same here man, my dad fucked me over, i got no money, and i got no balls to ask this girl i had a crush on for years, jesus fuckin christ. Why can't all these problems be solved...

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
Re: Lost my positive outlook on life [Re: downforpot]
    #2027075 - 10/20/03 09:44 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Just go up to her n talk to her. What do you have to lose? She might not like you the way you hope, but then at least you'll know. If you dont, you may be missing out on a great thing, and going thru life wondering 'what if'..

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Lost my positive outlook on life [Re: sykobish]
    #2034351 - 10/22/03 10:26 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Fuck, just when I start feeling better, the depression comes back. I just can't seem to be happy for very long. I just don't like who I am. I'm thinking about seeing a school counselor about this. But there's no way I'm taking anti-depressants.

--------------------

Anonymous #1

#2034475 - 10/22/03 11:01 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

hey man,

I believe I am in a long term depression. It wont ever go away... its just the way I am made I guess. I am fighting it daily, but I am still here.

I know exactly how you feel.. its the same feeling I get everyday of my life. sometimes I don't notice it but it always there in my head.

now how do we fight it. I don't think we can, I think we have to learn to live with it. I have thought of sucide and have tried it. I think about it everyday, the only thing that holds me is the thought that I can beat it. I can beat my ego. I can beat the pain. I can live a sane life. It not ingorant but the truth. I can live sane but I can hope to be sane someday.

if you read my post in support group, I have taken the first actions to get it done. this will work for me. It has to work for me. it my only option.

I will always be here from time to time and you can bet once I feel sad again I will come here to cheer myself up again.

we can talk in pms or AIM... I love to talk hehe...

peace

zerohero

Anonymous #1

Re: Lost my positive outlook on life [Re: ]
    #2034517 - 10/22/03 11:15 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i've been living in a nihilistic void for quite sometime now and i don't perceive things as good or bad anymore. it was rough shedding the exterior layer of my ego and that was painful, but worth it in someway.
i find extreme pleasure in destroying things that mean something to me and physical combat.

i live on to propagate nihilism to the masses, and hopefully that sends them into a spiraling downward slumber which awakens their mind.

only by destroying it are we able to build it back again

i say, embrace your downfall.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Lost my positive outlook on life [Re: ]
    #2034559 - 10/22/03 11:28 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

You sound just like Tyler Durton.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag