Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecrayondude2001
honey water tek
    #1997486 - 10/10/03 02:01 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

here is what is done

got a half pint jar and filled it up half way , got some honey from mcdonalds .lol, they used about a teaspoon , they nucked it for about 7 mins , and then a day later injected 2ccs of gt into it

now a week later there is little whit fuzz balls floating around , is this ready to be used ?

thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

Re: honey water tek [Re: crayondude2001]
    #1997832 - 10/10/03 03:25 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

you want a little bigger than the size of a quarter. When sucking it up make sure to squirt it out again in the jar to break it up a few times before the final time you fill it to use.

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

Offlinecrayondude2001
Re: honey water tek [Re: thisone]
    #1997886 - 10/10/03 03:46 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

ok thanks ,, they are about the size of rice ,, there must be about 200 of them in there

OfflineFallenShroom
Shagadelic

#1997936 - 10/10/03 04:01 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

you should also put broken glass in there so when you shake it up it breaks it apart and grows better

--------------------

Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

Re: honey water tek [Re: FallenShroom]
    #1998183 - 10/10/03 05:07 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

if each piece is the size of rice and there are 200 you're probably good to go.

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

Offlinecrayondude2001
    #1998248 - 10/10/03 05:34 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

200 is an exageration , but there is so many it is hard to see threw

im gonna wait a few days till they do anything

Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

#1998271 - 10/10/03 05:42 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

longer can't really hurt. Stick in in the fridge when you're done to make it last longer.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #1998909 - 10/10/03 10:33 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Hell, if you make your syringe now, the honey water will grow in your syringe if you get ANY mycelia and honey when you suck the thing full. Unless you plan on injecting immediately (and even if you do), you're fine.

If you keep your jar at room temp, it will need some air, feel free to put 10cc (or so... this isn't rocket science) of h2o2 in the jar to combat any new contams you introduce.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: honey water tek [Re: Rose]
    #1998942 - 10/10/03 10:50 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

So you DO want the little white fuzzballs? thats mycelia?

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: honey water tek [Re: lysergic]
    #1999409 - 10/11/03 02:40 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Well, that is impossible to say without a great macro photo... even then, it is tough to say. You see 'em, they're tough to photograph!

If you let it grow for a few days without shaking, you should get a white membrane that forms at the bottom of your jar. When you stir the jar it will tear like tissue parer. This is a good sign. Eventually, the tissue paper will grow thicker.

As a rule of thumb, WHITE is good. This doesn't mean you are in the clear, but it is a very good sign.

The only thing you can do to check for possible contamination is let it grow and see if it remains white. Contams, when given time, tend to show themselves in obvious ways.

Bacteria will literally cloud the water with minimal stirring. Yeast will make the water buble a little like soda. Most molds tend to show color eventually.

The test is when you make your syringe. If you get a chance to smell the jar, do. Any contam should have an OBVIOUS odor.

If you've encountered contams in PF jars before, you'll know they tend to stink.

So if it looks good, and it smells good, you'll have to inoculate to make sure. I've heard of rumors of contams that look like myc in honey water but I've yet to encounter any personally and, when I've asked people for details, I haven't been given answers that would satisfy my curiosity. I have heard that some contams don't show color until they fruit. As far as I can tell, if it looks like a duck and smells like a duck, it is a duck.

Only growing on substrate will confirm. Once you confirm you've grown myc, you'll feel much better about your technique. Until then, I'm sure you'll be a little tenative.

P.S. When you make your syringe, fill the syringe with h2o2 then squirt it into the jar. Only then, fill the syringe with honey water. The h2o2 will add an extra layer of sterility to your process.

Good luck.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
Re: honey water tek [Re: Rose]
    #1999745 - 10/11/03 09:05 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:

If you keep your jar at room temp, it will need some air, feel free to put 10cc (or so... this isn't rocket science) of h2o2 in the jar to combat any new contams you introduce.

bad info, ^ not needed .
but if you do, use only 1cc of 3% h2o2 per 100ml of liquid .

says in first post 1/2 pint jar 1/2 full .
10cc would kill mycelium .

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: honey water tek [Re: deanofmean]
    #2000330 - 10/11/03 02:22 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I should have been more specific about air. If your jar is at room temperature with a sealed lid for more than TWO weeks, you DO run the risk of it suffocating. You don't want a dead jar do you? If you have an air filter on your jar, this is unnecicary.

Honey water doesn't need much air but it does need some. I took this info from Hippy3 at mycotopia.net. The reason I recomended giving the jar air, is this. The guy who posted is concerned about contams (I bet everyone is the first time they do this tek) and he will probably keep his jar at room temp for a little while longer than normal just to see if contams develop.

Opening the lid when he checks for smell should give him plenty of air for the jar to live at least a couple more weeks at room temperature.

I haven't encountered any problems with 10cc of h2o2 yet (Although, as far as I know, this is NOT Hippy3's idea); AND when you inject the 10cc of h202 into the jar, the jar stays at the same water level. This makes it very easy to keep making syringes... especially if you are using a jar bigger than 1/2 pint (Where the needle can only go so far...). Perhaps you would want to use less h2o2 in a half pint jar but; 10cc of h2o2 hasn't ever hurt me. It should NOT kill the myc. Please let me know if you have wittnessed myc being killed by 10cc of 3% h2o2. Some people dunk in straight 3% h2o2 (not many, I'm sure, but I've heard of it).

The mycelia changes the h2o2 to water (H2O)and oxygen (O) over time. This too gives the jar more air.

This isn't needed for everyone but it could be helpful. Honey jars are VERY contaminant prone. I just want to give this guy every chance for success.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures