Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Aquarium Heater, Perlite, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
so my friend needs to build a fruiting chamber
    #1997080 - 10/10/03 02:21 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

he has never attempted to cultivate mushrooms before and he needs to know what exactly to do.

he knows he needs to get a rubbermaid transparent tub/bin with a lid. he wants to put casings in this chamber once he gets it all started. what depth of container is the most appropriate to use? 12 inch? 16?

what type of heating device should he get to keep the temperature in the optimal range and not have any fire hazard...where could he buy this? also he needs one of those temperature/humidity gauges...where could he get one and how much would it cost him? i think he also said something about needing a perlite layer at the bottom of the chamber so he can add water to that to keep the humidity optimal.

i think that is all my friend needs to start growing mushrooms. am i wrong? also, he isn't sophistacted enough to use any CO2 at this point..is that a problem? how often is the lid to the chamber opened?

does my friend need anything else to get his chamber built? if anybody can answer these questions or point me to a good TEK i can show my friend he would much appreciate it.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Re: so my friend needs to build a fruiting chamber [Re: TODAY]
    #1997089 - 10/10/03 02:23 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

also, he wants to try a casing his first shot because cakes don't appeal to him. he doesn't have a pressure cooker right now. can he try a microwave sterilization method and if he is careful can he get things good and sterile? any TEKs on microwave sterilization?

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.

Offlinestoner2002
Stoner

Re: so my friend needs to build a fruiting chamber [Re: TODAY]
    #1997378 - 10/10/03 03:35 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Buy a submersible aquarium heater and an aquarium thermometer. Adjust the heater until the thermometer reads to your liking. I thought I read that with casing the RH of the fruiting chamber doesnt matter, as the casing locks in humidity. Buy the heater at a pet store.

I dont know why you would need co2. Mushrooms require oxygen, c02 buildup is bad.

All of this stuff is in the faqs. Follow the directions verbatim, dont get lazy and cut corners, you will succeed.

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: so my friend needs to build a fruiting chamber [Re: stoner2002]
    #1997813 - 10/10/03 05:21 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

that's an unusual avatar, stoner  :blush: 

--------------------
buh

Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

Re: so my friend needs to build a fruiting chamber [Re: shirley knott]
    #1997823 - 10/10/03 05:22 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

might not need a fish tank heater for the fruiting chamber unless your house is very very cold.

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

OfflineTHATS iT!
mellow
Loc: In the misty mountains o...
Re: so my friend needs to build a fruiting chamber [Re: thisone]
    #1998277 - 10/10/03 07:43 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

for your fruing chamber: find the biggest transparent tub, put a layer of moist perlite in bottom, underneath perlite have an air pump hose to bubble perlite. Optional: drill hole in lid run cool mist humid hose through there. Run air pump when humid is off. Really dont have to run humid until casing begins to pin. Then shrooms need extra humidity. Light for 12 hrs a day.

Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

Re: so my friend needs to build a fruiting chamber [Re: THATS iT!]
    #1998280 - 10/10/03 07:45 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

also keep the sides dark with cardboard or black paper and keep a clear lid on top to keep those boys growin straight.

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Re: so my friend needs to build a fruiting chamber [Re: thisone]
    #1998833 - 10/10/03 11:51 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

my friend thanks you all and he will try to get all materials soon. so, microwave sterilization is not a good idea? will many jars be lost to contams if this method is used?

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Aquarium Heater, Perlite, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation