Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Web Sites Listed as 'Terror' Groups
    #1997027 - 10/10/03 02:04 PM (13 years, 18 days ago)

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States has added Web sites to its list of "foreign terrorist organizations" for the first time, under the category of aliases for conventional groups, a State Department official said on Friday.

A list published in the Federal Register includes newkach.org, kahane.org, kahane.net, kahanetzadak.com as aliases for the Jewish group Kahane Chai or Kach, which is suspected of organizing attacks on Palestinians.

Under U.S. law, it would be illegal to provide money or other material support to the designated Web sites, the people who run them could be denied U.S. visas and U.S. banks must block their funds. The State Department said it was yet clear how this would work in practice.

But the law may not enable the United States to block access to the Web sites, if only for technical reasons.

We have seen the current Americian administration label drug users as terrorist supports... how long before places like the shroomery and erowid are also categorized as a terrorist web site? *sigh*

Just another spore in the wind.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: Russia
Re: Web Sites Listed as 'Terror' Groups [Re: Seuss]
    #1998669 - 10/10/03 10:52 PM (13 years, 18 days ago)

Its sad how the US is trying to censor other countries sites. I'm sure they could have all ISPs block certain sites, blacklisted sites...

InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
Re: Web Sites Listed as 'Terror' Groups [Re: TinMan]
    #2001464 - 10/12/03 01:25 AM (13 years, 17 days ago)

I wouldn't visit any of them to find out.  I'm sure you'd be logged immediately. :frown:  Maybe I'm wrong.  :smirk:

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service