Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Paul Stamets

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinehavatampa
South CoastPsychedelia

Loc: at Home with the Kids
Lighting
    #1996504 - 10/10/03 11:03 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

In his article regarding appropriate lighting for optimal pinning, Ainasko writes that he prefers a "50 watt incandescent bulb set to activate for one hour every six hours for a total of four hours daily."

I have read various suggestions on the best type/amount of light to use for the pinning and fruiting stages. I am using the casing technique. I have attached a picture of my setup.

(click on the image to enlarge)

Could someone tell me what the best amount/type of light is for pinning and how it needs to change for the fruiting stages. Also, if you have any comments about my setup in general please let me know. I'm new to the process.

Thanks

--------------------
There he goes, one of God's own prototypes--some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too wierd to live, too rare to die.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHefex78
Stranger
*DELETED* [Re: havatampa]
    #1996611 - 10/10/03 11:43 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted. Reason for deletion: Confidential.

Edited by Wa7sum (10/03/07 11:27 AM)

Offlinehavatampa
South CoastPsychedelia

Re: Lighting [Re: Hefex78]
    #1996629 - 10/10/03 11:50 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the advice, that eases my mind a bit. I was just wondering one thing though. If I want to leave my setup unplugged, in case someone comes into my place while I'm gone (which would be very unlikely, but still) and somehow notices that my wooden chest is plugged into the wall, would I still be giving them enough light if I then plugged it in upon returning (I'm usually gone for about 8-9 hours a day) and left it on all night?

--------------------
There he goes, one of God's own prototypes--some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too wierd to live, too rare to die.

Invisiblecheesenoonions
??????????????

Re: Lighting [Re: Hefex78]
    #1996761 - 10/10/03 12:40 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Great experiment. I think it is still premature to say,"lighting is not one of the environment variables that drastically affect anything in regards to the mushroom". Your experiment doesn't account for light spectrum or intensity. You said "all" your experiments. What others have you done? Have you done and intensity experiment? And for the original poster of this thread, experiments on these boards show that mushrooms do more growing in the dark. So a long period of darkness should not adversely affect your grow.

InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lighting [Re: havatampa]
    #1997035 - 10/10/03 02:06 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

This book

Says this.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinehavatampa
South CoastPsychedelia

Re: Lighting [Re: Magash]
    #1997216 - 10/10/03 02:59 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the information. That helps a lot.

--------------------

Invisiblecheesenoonions
??????????????

Re: Lighting [Re: Magash]
    #1997894 - 10/10/03 05:48 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, thank you. I have a copy, but I don't think that the subject is addressed much in these forums. A friend got a lot more pins alot quicker when he used a 6700K envirolite than with regular 100W bulbs. When I posted this, people seemed to not agree that light was much of a factor. I was just interested in whether or not this guy had done any of those experiments. It seems he has made up his mind that light is an environmental factor that doesn't drastically affect mushrooms at all. I disagree.

Edited by cheesenoonions (10/10/03 05:51 PM)

Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

Re: Lighting [Re: cheesenoonions]
    #1998196 - 10/10/03 07:12 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Light has seen to make little difference in pinning in most experments I've seen here yet TMC does say the blue specturm will help but I've also read that that light is only needed for a milli-second to activate so don't stress it if you can't get the light just perfect everyday.

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Paul Stamets

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation