Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

out-of-line cop
    #1992750 - 10/09/03 08:50 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

So there's this cop, and I'm not sure how to deal with him. He's been pushing the line, trying to tell me how to live my life, etc etc. but is being very intrusive into my personal life in the process.

I'm thinking about complaining to the chief of police if the encounters continue, or maybe talking to a lawyer. Can anyone reccomend something to do in this scenario?

I'll explain the incidents. I never knew this cop before,

1) he came onto private property because of semi-loud music (no noise ordinance in this town). he opened my driver side door, cuffed me, and pulled me out. fined me and two friends. Also, kept threatening with shit.

See, this guy's the kind of cop that keeps trying to be your friend and letting you know how much he is letting you get away with. but he persistently keeps the harsh consequences fresh on your mind, as to act like he has your balls in his pocket.

Example, quote from him: "Well, I could take your friend's house, your car, and fine you for every roach here. That would give you a record, and lots of fines... Or you could just sign this search waiver".

So that was ok, that pissed me off and all but I had my court date and the fine was reduced. ok, thats fine and all but

2) In august I was involved in a 3-car accident, in which I was rear-ended and sent into the oncoming lane. I wasn't moving at the time of the accident (0 mph). After getting my car towed, the same cop went to the place where they dropped it off, and searched the car. I know this because the next day I went back, and the guy at the shop confirmed that the cop had been looking through my car.

When I got to the place shortly after getting the car towed, and also shortly after the cop searched my car without any probable cause or consent, the cop stopped me and started to lecture me again.

He threatened to charge me with every roach, but didn't. Instead he just tried to scare me. If he did press charges I'de be really pissed, esp. because I have a witness who saw him looking through my car. The cop's story, of course, is that he walked past the car and glanced down at the floor, seeing some roaches. Figures, ashtrays always fly open and their contents empty onto the floor, all by themselves.

I get back home, and I found he had called my dad. I'm 20, so my business is my business and that cop has no business calling my dad telling him about the roaches he found and what not. He had the nerve to try to tell my dad to transfer the car over to my name so he wouldn't get "caught in the middle". BS...

But there's more.

3) When I went to buy a dutchie at the local gas station (where pigs sometimes hang out), the lady at the register was like "sure you can afford another fine?" so, oh great, now everyone needs to know about this incident.

But that's nothing, because this last one really ticked me off:

4) A few days ago, this same cop pulled over my brother. Why? He looked up my bro's plates and saw my last name. My brother wasn't <i>speeding</i>, more like 5mph over, but just enough reason for this cop to pull him over and lecture him about me.

The cop was asking my brother if he's like me (which he isn't, as far as smoking pot goes). Then he talked about me and my shit, which pisses me off.

So this cop is actively trying to do something. Reform me? I don't know, but it is certainly intruding into my personal life.

I figure that I'm probably not going to do anything, unless he stops my mom. Then that will be the last straw.

Edited by poke smot! (09/07/20 01:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: out-of-line cop [Re: poke smot!]
    #1992778 - 10/09/03 09:01 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

sounds like hes either in love with you or wants to be your hero :laugh:

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #1992849 - 10/09/03 09:40 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

It would be cool if you could get him on audio or video tape.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Loc: In a spore
Re: out-of-line cop [Re: Jellric]
    #1992915 - 10/09/03 10:31 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds like a fuckin lame human being to me, i hope you can do something about that jackass. Cops are such jokes haha.

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: out-of-line cop [Re: RespectTheFungus]
    #1993230 - 10/09/03 12:20 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

> he came onto private property because of semi-loud music

As long as you do not have a "no trespassing" sign up, they can come to your door without a search warrant. With the sign up, the cops are not allowed on your property without a warrant.

> After getting my car towed, the same cop went to the place where they dropped it off, and searched the car.

100% legal. Cops are allowed to "inventory" a car after it has been towed to ensure that the owner doesn't come back and claim something has been stolen. The cops abuse this power and have cars towed to allow them to be searched when the owner does not give permission.

> so, oh great, now everyone needs to know about this incident

Any arrest is public record. Talking about something personal that isn't public record is probably something you could sue over, but I am not 100% sure.

> My brother wasn't speeding, more like 5mph over

1mph over is speeding, and gives the cops all the legal authority they need.

My adivce... move.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: out-of-line cop [Re: Seuss]
    #1993693 - 10/09/03 02:20 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Indeed. Some cops are nothing but lying low-life bullies who entered Law Enforcement so they could push people around. I've met more that my fair share of them too, unfortunately. Hrm...  :nonono: 

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1993926 - 10/09/03 03:14 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

You leave roaches in your care?

Sounds like you have a share in the cause of your misery.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
    #1993956 - 10/09/03 03:22 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

get a gun, kill him

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Offlinelateralus
Re: out-of-line cop [Re: Infrared]
    #1995221 - 10/09/03 09:04 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I agree, kill him. Itd make a good example for others to stand up against these pigs.

Invisiblereflectedlight
in town untilthe blood flows
 User Gallery

Loc: aether
Re: out-of-line cop [Re: lateralus]
    #1995264 - 10/09/03 09:13 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

That sucks, maybe you shouldn't leave roaches in your car though. You could turn the tables and harass him, covertly. Shouldn't be too hard to find his house.

--------------------
at this point i think we can be relatively certain seperation exists as a fallacy of finite perception, and the only barrier to infinite creativity is a preimposed notion of certainty and artificial conditioning. nothing is without origin

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#1996162 - 10/10/03 04:13 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Seuss,
It sounds like Pote Smot had his own car towed. If the police did not tow it or impound it then they do NOT have a right to "inventory it". A private citizen hired a private towing service to transport his car to a private location.

And I don;t recall an arrest. And even if there was one at some point that is restricted to that incident. BUT, what happens in public is public. I am not sure how it would work during a car search. Your car is private but the cop was performing his duties and thus might be part of public record. On the other hand if he did not document the stop and following search it might not be "public". If the cop was too lazy to fill out and file the paperwork that documents the stop and search them he goes and tells everyone that your a pot head, then pote smot might have grounds for a libel suit.

Anyway, you wont win unless you move. If you take any action against him, he will take revenge.

Maybe you should talk to him directly. If you were to talk to a lawyer and find out what is what you could speak men to man with him and ask him what he is after. Tell him that you can see he has an agenda and to be straight with you. Depending on what a layer says you could mention that his actions are bordering on harassment and defamation of character. Of course this may prompt him to take you in as to justify his prior actions so as not to appear as having harassed you.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: out-of-line cop [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #1996404 - 10/10/03 07:54 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

> If the police did not tow it or impound it then they do NOT have a right to "inventory it".

You are correct. I had read the original post as the police had it towed, and was speaking from a police impound standpoint.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleZildjian
human

Loc: new zealand
    #1996432 - 10/10/03 08:21 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Fucking bastard. Maybe you could pretend you have been 'reformed' by his wonderful teachings and perhaps tighten your drug security a little. After a while he'll probably forget about you.

If that doesn't work, you might as well kill him; I'd use a knife.

OfflineTwista
Fire it up
Male

Loc: Central Florida
Re: out-of-line cop [Re: Zildjian]
    #1997632 - 10/10/03 02:35 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

moving is probably best but that's often a hassle...

not to make you paranoid but...

keep your eyes open for that fucker, he could be investigating you, waiting for a good time to strike...he probably wants to either help you or find more than some roaches...

maybe in his eyes he's giving you a chance to get straight, maybe lying to him and telling him you've gone straight is your best way out...

if a cop wont reform you by talking you outta doing drugs, he'll eventually exercise his piglet power and lay the law down which u wont like.

my recommendation: kill him with a knife.

OfflineTwista
Fire it up
Male

Loc: Central Florida
Re: out-of-line cop [Re: Twista]
    #1997651 - 10/10/03 02:40 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

oh yah, recording him is an awesome idea too!

also be a good idea to find out what he drives (not the cop car)..

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
Re: out-of-line cop [Re: Twista]
    #1997677 - 10/10/03 02:46 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

yea, get one of those hand held tape recorders. record him saying something harrasful and go down to the station and ask to talk to the complaint department. beat him at his own game, Muahahahaha. and if that doesnt work, disembowl him. muahhahahaha

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
    #1998421 - 10/10/03 06:45 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Thats shady shit man, but it doesnt surprise me one bit.

In this police state, cops are above the law..
they lie, cheat, steal, speed, and do drugs.

You have to be smarter than them, dont drive around with illegal things anymore.
Hes got it out for you, killing him is NOT the answer! :wink:
I know you are level headed enough to know that already.

Watch you back bro, and cease ALL illegal activity for the time being. It's just not worth it.

He might even forget about you eventually.  :smirk:

Offlinemoana123
Re: out-of-line cop [Re: Effed]
    #1999036 - 10/10/03 11:45 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

as one person said...i think he is highly infatuated with you....EEEE that is mad creepy..may sound stupid...have you confronted him about this problem?...
Best of luck man,
*marie*

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1999593 - 10/11/03 05:00 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

They can't take someone's house unless they find enough drugs there to make them think that the house was paid for with drug money. Finding roaches in an ash tray isn't going to get a house siezed. I don't know about vehicles.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlineneophyteshroomer
enthusiast
Re: out-of-line cop [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1999641 - 10/11/03 06:27 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

damn, thats a shitty situation u got there....
some fuckin cop like that would make me want to move to a different town...

--------------------
Make Sure You Bring A Towel!!!
..... You wanna get high?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale