Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
spread some love today (mission #1)
    #1995725 - 10/10/03 01:42 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

1. go out and hug your parents or someone close to you, and tell them you love them....if your more daring then go hug a stranger who looks like they need it!

people of the shroomery, let us come up with a new mission everyday to spread the love and random acts of kindness!....we can call it "organized 'love' or 'peace' or 'kindness'"...so lets hear new ideas!!!

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: spread some love today (mission #1) [Re: CleverName]
    #1995832 - 10/10/03 02:24 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Mission # 2

Help the old people and pick up little boys riding thier bikes on the interstate at 2AM to take them home.

Invisibleadrug

Re: spread some love today (mission #1) [Re: 2Experimental]
    #1996032 - 10/10/03 03:57 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

That sounds questionable... :smirk:

Really, its as simple as making eye contact with people, smiling, and exhanging a greeting. I work downtown, so I run into a lot of people. Of course, I don't go around saying hi to everyone I see, that would be silly. But just acknowledging someone by saying hello can be enough to spread some good vibes around. :smile:

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: spread some love today (mission #1) [Re: adrug]
    #1996138 - 10/10/03 05:40 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

say please and thank you. Or if you are driving and someone gives you the right of way, give em a wave or a peace sign, it'll make their day! like adrug said, smile!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: spread some love today (mission #1) [Re: CleverName]
    #1999333 - 10/11/03 03:57 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

a few nights ago I was driving through downtown in this city near my house, and some dudes kinda jumped out in front of my car to cross the street, and the last one of them hesitated like "oh shit there's a car coming" - I slowed down and as I drove past them after they crossed, instead of flipping them off or thinking "fuckin punkasses man shit fuck shit shit shit ass shit shit fuck" heh I said "thanks guys!"

edit: that being said, my mission to you is that when you see somebody do something lame to you and then you see clearly that they realize they shouldn't have done that, instead of getting pissed, thank them for snapping you out of your zone :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (10/11/03 04:00 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology