Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineProdijal_Son
slowmaster

Loc: derby city
Ever Heard of the Name ...
    #1993286 - 10/09/03 12:39 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Prodigal Son? I don't know why, but I keep hearing this voice in my head telling me that this is what I should go by. Not as a real name, but as my stage name and the such. Has anyone ever heard the name before? Has anyone ever used it? Can anyone find any documentation on it? I believe it's a Bible reference. Thanks kats. Peace.

--------------------
The times are good. The living is easy. The vibes are zingy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
Re: Ever Heard of the Name ... [Re: Prodijal_Son]
    #1993351 - 10/09/03 12:58 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

The Prodigal Son is one of the more famous fables that Jesus tells in the bible. I don't really remember exactly what its about though.

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

Invisibleadrug

Re: Ever Heard of the Name ... [Re: Harbinger]
    #1993436 - 10/09/03 01:15 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Luke 15:11-32
(11) And he said, A certain man had two sons:
(12) And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.
(13) And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.
(14) And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.
(15) And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
(16) And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.
(17) And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
(18) I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
(19) And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
(20) And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
(21) And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
(22) But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
(23) And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
(24) For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.
(25) Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing.
(26) And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant.
(27) And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.
(28) And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him.
(29) And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:
(30) But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.
(31) And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.
(32) It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

OfflineProdijal_Son
slowmaster

Re: Ever Heard of the Name ... [Re: adrug]
    #1993525 - 10/09/03 01:37 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Nice. Thanks. Now I just have to make sense of it. But thank you very much.

What's your name Adrug? I hate calling people by their usernames.

You don't know if anyone's ever used the name before do you?

--------------------

Invisibleadrug

#1993648 - 10/09/03 02:09 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Not that I know of...my name is LeAnn. :smile:

I think the point of that whole story is that the son went off to live a life of debauchery and greed...then realized the error of his ways and felt remorse. He went back home to his family whom he had left for his wild life and expected to be turned away, forced to be a servant. But to his surprise, his father accepts him eagerly, kills a calf, and throws a party, glad to have his son back. Returning to "the father". Great parable.

OfflineProdijal_Son
slowmaster

#1993722 - 10/09/03 02:25 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Hmm ... this name has been haunting my thoughts for the last month. I have NO idea how it got there. I just keep hearing it over and over. Like something's pushing me to find out what it is. I'm thinking this is going to be my stage name. I wonder how this is relevant, or if it is. I'll get back to you on that one.

A pleasure to meet you LeAnn. Pretty name. My name's Stanley. Stanley Dorias ... I can't tell you my last name though.  :noway: 

--------------------

Invisibleadrug

#1993792 - 10/09/03 02:40 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

A pleasure to meet you LeAnn. Pretty name.

Thank you. Nice to meet you too Stanley. :laugh:

About the parable, did you happen to run off and live a life of debauchery? Maybe you're being called home... :grin:

OfflineProdijal_Son
slowmaster

#1996618 - 10/10/03 09:46 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

In some respects I suppose. This reminds me of a horoscope ... you can always infer. But, prior to the present I did do a lot of fundraising, which was for an ultimate goal. And, I believe that my activies were morally aligned, as I utililized discretion and the such and so forth. But, lately my life has been dedicated to creation and the acquisition of knowledge ... doing that whole sponge tip. Maybe that's what it is. Maybe I've been wasting my time. Maybe it's time to come home and treat my mind with some due respect ... I'll report back later with more internalization.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1