Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetriplethreat
Loc: NJ
To find geolite...
    #1990592 - 10/08/03 04:09 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I had done much research in preparation for my first grow. I plan on doing PF tek in half pint canning jars. Originally I had intended to buy an ultrasonic humidifier but I heard much praise for the poor man's pod setup so I think that is the way I am going to go. However, I havent even bought my supplies for construction yet and already I am running into problems...I can't find geolite or hydroton!!!! Does anyone no where I might look to find this stuff? I dont want to use perlite but will if I must. Also if any experienced growers can tell me what is neccessity in the PMP setup and what is supplemental I would be much obliged. Is a hydrometer truly neccessary? what about a heater? I know an air pump is...

--------------------
Im so pimp it's ridiculous Got tinted windows on my ride Im inconspicuous

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: To find geolite... [Re: triplethreat]
    #1990649 - 10/08/03 04:24 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Fuck the perlite use lava rocks if you can't find geolite. You can find it just about any hydro shop on the planet. Lava rock does work just as well but weight like 4 to 5 times more.

Heater depends on your situation.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineShpongloid
WBS-o-phile

#1990657 - 10/08/03 04:25 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

A hydrometer is not a necessity because you can tell if you have the correct moisture content by looking at the walls of the PMP. If they are covered with condensation and/or water droplets, your PMP is properly humidified with 95 to 100 percent humidity. However, that is the proper percentage for cakes only. For casings, you are looking to hold your humidity within 82 to 92 percent. A heater is not necessary either unless you live in a very cool climate. The optimal fruiting temperature range is 74-78 degrees Fahrenheit and, generally speaking, that isn't too hard to hold.

What do you have against using perlite? It works damn well, but if insist on geolite, you can find it at your local hydroponics store and maybe some hardware stores. Any other places people?

Light is a necessity, an air pump could be considered as a necessity, some sort of medium, water, temperature gauge, and...ummmmm...oh yea...MYCELIUM INFESTED SUBSTRATE!!! ~evil laugh~

--------------------
"...NIDA-supplied marijuana cigarettes weigh approximately .9 grams. A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response."

Offlinearex7tt
crunk
Re: To find geolite... [Re: Shpongloid]
    #1990811 - 10/08/03 05:22 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

perlite is a shitty sticky mess, if rather pay the outragous shipping charge and buy hydraton off the internet...which is exactly what i did, have never beem happier with the results. and its re-usuable

Anonymous

Re: To find geolite... [Re: arex7tt]
    #1991184 - 10/08/03 07:38 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

perlite is also reusable...it is a lil messy I'll give ya that but it still works just as good and its easy to find

Offlinetriplethreat
Loc: NJ
Re: To find geolite... [Re: ]
    #1991289 - 10/08/03 08:19 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Id rather not screw with the perlite if I dont have to. I am definitely going to try to find the lava rocks or geolite...I cant afford to fuck up.

--------------------
Im so pimp it's ridiculous Got tinted windows on my ride Im inconspicuous

Offlinearex7tt
crunk
    #1991693 - 10/08/03 11:01 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

my bad, your right it is reusable.. but still :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix