Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: The liberal media. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2002963 - 10/12/03 04:59 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Oh, I know plenty about Clinton and his little affairs BECAUSE THE "LIBERAL MEDIA" WOULDN'T SHUT UP ABOUT THEM.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: The liberal media. [Re: silversoul7]
    #2002971 - 10/12/03 05:03 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

:lol:  Sure, when they were pinned to the wall.  :lol:

Anyone who can watch the news or read the paper without detecting the venom in either, is not a very observant person.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2002982 - 10/12/03 05:07 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

And anyone who watches the news without realizing that the bias goes both ways is blind.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2002985 - 10/12/03 05:08 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
And anyone who watches the news without realizing that the bias goes both ways is blind.

Where did I say there wasn't any in both directions?

There's merely far more liberal bias.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2002989 - 10/12/03 05:10 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

There's simply a ratings bias. Whatever story will get them better ratings, they'll cover.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2003003 - 10/12/03 05:14 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

:lol:  Sure.

Explain it anyway you'd like.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2003005 - 10/12/03 05:15 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I just explain in a "not-having-my-head-up-my-ass" sort of way.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2003006 - 10/12/03 05:16 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
I just explain in a "not-having-my-head-up-my-ass" sort of way.

I hadn't noticed.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2003012 - 10/12/03 05:18 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Then maybe you need to get your head out of there. :wink:

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2003016 - 10/12/03 05:20 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Weak, but an easy way of admitting defeat.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2003017 - 10/12/03 05:21 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

What defeat?

--------------------

InvisibleObserver
Stranger

#2003073 - 10/12/03 05:46 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Can't we all agree that the news on American TV is basically anti-freedom?

I don't see it as a left or right thing anymore, it appears that's the game they want people to get distracted with...

InvisibleObserver
Stranger

Re: The liberal media. [Re: Observer]
    #2003113 - 10/12/03 06:00 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

To elaborate a little...I watch more TV than I like to admit, and here are some issues that I have never seen examined "properly" or at all:

*The War On (some) Drugs
*Militarization of our police
*The Patriot Act
*Project For A New American Century
*Checkpoints
*Withering of states' rights
*RAVE act
*Drugs/Terrorism connection
*Waco/Ruby ridge

and I'm sure you guys could add others...

Most news on fox, cnn, msnbc, etc. is filler tabloid news (kobe, rush, peterson murder case) that only really affects a few people but doesn't really mean anything.

.02 cents

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2003220 - 10/12/03 06:35 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

^^^excellent points.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #2003228 - 10/12/03 06:37 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

*Lovedumshrooms:The media was strangly silent about this type of thing when Clinton was involved, yet waited until only days before the election to do a story with witnesses who couldn't be named.

*Me:The media's been strangely silent when it comes to Bush's connections to big oil and the Saudis. It has been equally silent concerning Dick Cheney's connections to Enron.

*Luvdemshrooms: You should stop reading papers that only have funnies in them then.
_________

Hey Luvdem, that was funny. Too bad you did what I have seen you do a lot on this thread. Knock down an idea without proof, logic or reason.

(ie: How often need I repeat this.

He was the best of bad choices.
...et all...)

Hey Luvdem, let me make my statement again.

I want to know what you REALY think.

The media's been strangely silent when it comes to Bush's connections to big oil and the Saudis. It has been equally silent concerning Dick Cheney's connections to Enron.

God, WHITEWATER got more press.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleObserver
Stranger

#2003426 - 10/12/03 08:03 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

silversoul: Thank you...all those points are very important - without the shroomery and the internet we would barely even know the extent of what's really going on.

luvdemshrooms: Do you see real differences when it comes to government spending or sticking up for the constitution/bill of rights between the democrats and republicans?

Everyone: With regards to the war on terrorism, why haven't our borders been secured? Wouldn't that be one of the first things you'd do if you were in charge?

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
    #2003910 - 10/12/03 10:45 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Oh, but our borders are being secured. Well, at least our borders with Canada and Mexico. But here's the funny part.

Since over 70% of Canada's exports and over 40% of their GNP come from trade with the US, and over 75% of Mexico's exports and 55% of their GNP come from trade with the US, well... we're making THEM pay for it. Why?

<sarcasm>
Cuz they owe us, goddamnit! We started up NAFTA so that they could make money to secure their countries' future by increasing their trade output, making them permanent partners in the "US Way of Doing Things (tm)".

So what if it's costing Canada over $650 million and Mexico over $200 million to do so. So what if both countries have had to cut back on health care and education in order to pay for strengthening our borders! It's not their fault that our borders need strengthened? HA! Our foreign policy may have started this mess, but they are our trade allies and they owe us their own livelyhoods!

Uhhhh... Just please don't mention that Canada and Mexico have both lost about a quarter of a million jobs (net) since NAFTA went into effect in 1994, or that Mexico has now nearly tripled it's output of toxic air polution (much of it within sight of the Texas border). We would appreciate it if they forgot about that.
</sarcasm>

Sorry - did I digress again?

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: The liberal media. [Re: GernBlanston]
    #2003990 - 10/12/03 11:10 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

You did something.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: The liberal media. [Re: Rose]
    #2004113 - 10/12/03 11:48 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Too bad you did what I have seen you do a lot on this threadKnock down an idea without proof, logic or reason.

Hey,why break the habit of a lifetime? :smile:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: The liberal media. [Re: Xlea321]
    #2004451 - 10/13/03 02:31 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

It isn't so much the Conservative philosophy I mind (Small govt., low taxes, big military), it is their way of getting things done; giving the rich the biggest tax break, recall, impeachment, redistricting, not allowing votes to get recounted (Bush woulda' won Florida anyway, why not recount the damn votes?) and the Conservative tendancy to hide behind Christianity whenever trouble comes along. Religion has no place in American politics.

The media, certainly takes it easier on Conservatives than I do.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order