Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelittlepeted
Stranger
Re: Poppies - from Poppyseed to Opium [Re: Asante]
    #16150480 - 04/28/12 09:00 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Everyone I need help. I planted Danish flag afghanand my seedlings have a long stem( one inch) and have multiple leaves. its been about a month and a half is this correct. All other seedlings I've looked at online don't seem to resemble what I have.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepunkrocker292004
i am a liar
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Poppies - from Poppyseed to Opium [Re: littlepeted]
    #16151410 - 04/28/12 02:08 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

littlepeted said:
Everyone I need help. I planted Danish flag afghanand my seedlings have a long stem( one inch) and have multiple leaves. its been about a month and a half is this correct. All other seedlings I've looked at online don't seem to resemble what I have.

a month and a half is not a seedling

--------------------
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW

on a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero-tyler durden

watch me

OfflinejadeFoss
Stranger
Re: Poppies - from Poppy seed to Opium [Re: punkrocker292004]
    #16860123 - 09/17/12 12:21 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I have read over this entire thread ... I am new to growing poppy. I love how pretty they are. I was wondering by chance if ANY of the poppy seeds I have begun to collect are by chance Opium types .. a little confused because I thought any that where poppy where. I wanted to grow for the beauty, drying pods, trying to create new types with some selective crossing, and resale of seeds.  I do have crohns, a chronic condition with no cure so I pretty much am given rx for anything I want when I want it but IF I where to want to produce a more natural form of medication I would like to know if I even have the correct type of poppy. Thank you for your help =D Lovely thread / post  and very informative
Types of poppy I have now:
Afghan Pink n White Papaver Somniferum Poppy Seeds
Organic Giganteum Poppy Flower Seeds Papaver Somniferum
Organic Turkish Red Poppy Flower Seeds Papaver Somniferum
RED CORN POPPY FLOWER SEEDS
Poppy - Bombast Rose
Poppy- Bombast Red
Poppy - Oase
Poppy- Persian Blue
Red Flower China's Poppy Peony Seeds Paeonia suffruticosa Tree Fresh
Lacy~"VENUS" POPPY~Seeds
Pink Poppy Blend
Perennials Rare Poppy "Allegro Orientale Seeds"

OfflineJiG
Beginer Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Where Its Perfect :) Flag
Re: Poppies - from Poppy seed to Opium [Re: jadeFoss]
    #17035061 - 10/15/12 12:35 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Hey i have a quick question i have some seeds the giganteum ones. i would be planting them in the southeast (Georgia,Florida) area and i was wondering what would be a good time to start my seeds for a outdoor project?

--------------------

Fruits From The earth N From Mother Nature
My Hobbies And Interests. And Will Study Them Till I Either Understand Them Completly Or Die First.
"Mankind Is Deystroying Itself".

InvisibleIeponumos
Mycophile/Phytophile
Male User Gallery

Re: Poppies - from Poppy seed to Opium [Re: jadeFoss]
    #17036588 - 10/15/12 04:52 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

jadeFoss said:
I have read over this entire thread ... I am new to growing poppy. I love how pretty they are. I was wondering by chance if ANY of the poppy seeds I have begun to collect are by chance Opium types .. a little confused because I thought any that where poppy where. I wanted to grow for the beauty, drying pods, trying to create new types with some selective crossing, and resale of seeds.  I do have crohns, a chronic condition with no cure so I pretty much am given rx for anything I want when I want it but IF I where to want to produce a more natural form of medication I would like to know if I even have the correct type of poppy. Thank you for your help =D Lovely thread / post  and very informative
Types of poppy I have now:
RED CORN POPPY FLOWER SEEDS
Poppy - Bombast Rose
Poppy- Bombast Red
Poppy - Oase
Poppy- Persian Blue
Red Flower China's Poppy Peony Seeds Paeonia suffruticosa Tree Fresh
Lacy~"VENUS" POPPY~Seeds
Pink Poppy Blend
Perennials Rare Poppy "Allegro Orientale Seeds"

These are guaranteed to contain morphine. You want the species P. somniferum, no other poppy contains morphine in appreciable amounts. In fact the other poppies you have are potentially poisonous (theibane is not what you want unless you are an organic chemist, in which case you should already be on the ball about that)

--------------------
]

OfflinePsilopleix
Extended Symbol

Loc: aridzone1
Re: Poppies - from Poppy seed to Opium [Re: Ieponumos]
    #17115315 - 10/28/12 12:29 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Wow the year has gone by so fast felt like I just harvested my last crop! Gotta start picking out some plots to sow during these next couple weeks.

SW people time to get on your wildflower plantings!!! :sunny:

oops... meant to post this in the other poppy thread. o well!

Edited by Psilopleix (10/28/12 12:32 AM)

Invisible4ku2sh0
boss
Male

Loc: north pole.
Re: Poppies - from Poppy seed to Opium [Re: Psilopleix]
    #19907882 - 04/27/14 03:28 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

old thread but its soo great!

--------------------
everything above is fictional. i never know what im talking about :noob:

Kenny (Unaired Pilot): Our town is bigger dammit, right down to the little granite.
Kenny (S1-S2): I like girls with big fat titties, I like girls with deep vaginas!
Kenny (S3-S5): Me, I got a 10-inch penis, use your mouth if you wanna clean it.
Timmy (S6): Timmy, Timmy, Timmy, Timmy, Timmy, Timmy, livin' a lie TIMMY!
Kenny (S7-S10): Someday I'll be old enough to stick my dick up Britney's butt!
Kenny (S10 Episode 8-Present): I like fucking silly bitches and I know my penis likes it.

South Park. :rockon:

InvisibleBattyKodaS
WCA President
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Boof Hard Or Go Home
Re: Poppies - from Poppy seed to Opium [Re: 4ku2sh0]
    #25400863 - 08/20/18 02:44 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

:takingnotes:

--------------------

A Man Must Learn To Sail In All Winds.:bliss: RIP ModestMouse & Big Worm:heart:

InvisibleFerrum
Empirical teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Have to stop moving befor...
Re: Poppies - from Poppy seed to Opium [Re: BattyKoda]
    #25568871 - 10/26/18 10:38 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

I just read in a opium chemistry book concerning more mechanisms for and sythesis for related compounds, however ,  one section was titled increasing morphine concentrations and it detailed adding l-tyrosine or maybe it was d-tyrosine ,don't quote me ( l-tyrosine is a pretty common GNC item ) to the roots of poppies increased the precursor to morphine biosythesis and therefor increased morphine concentration in pods .

I will post the pages as soon as I can as I'm copiously copying a few books plus that one

--------------------

The really important facts were that spatial relationships had ceased to matter very much and that my mind was perceiving the world in terms of other than spatial categories. At ordinary times the eye concerns itself with such problems as where? — how far? — how situated in relation to what? In the mescaline experience the implied questions to which the eye responds are of another order. Place and distance cease to be of much interest. The mind does its perceiving in terms of intensity of existence, profundity of significance, relationships within a pattern."

InvisibleFerrum
Empirical teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Have to stop moving befor...
Re: Poppies - from Poppy seed to Opium [Re: Ferrum]
    #25568882 - 10/26/18 10:41 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

L dopa was also effective apparently

--------------------

The really important facts were that spatial relationships had ceased to matter very much and that my mind was perceiving the world in terms of other than spatial categories. At ordinary times the eye concerns itself with such problems as where? — how far? — how situated in relation to what? In the mescaline experience the implied questions to which the eye responds are of another order. Place and distance cease to be of much interest. The mind does its perceiving in terms of intensity of existence, profundity of significance, relationships within a pattern."

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies