Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekamorun
Stranger
1st Time shroom trip general questions
    #1990698 - 10/08/03 06:44 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Hello all,
Friday will be my first shroom trip. The only drugs ive had previously have been pot and booze.(both of which ive done considerably) I have read your wonderful site thoroughly and found alot of very useful info. Now to my questions...I plan on smoking pot throughout the trip although from the experiences ive read here most people only smoke coming up/and or coming down. Will smoking throughtout the trip have any negative effects? Also, I plan on taking the shrooms mid afternoon at a cottage by the beach in which there will be a party at that night. Would drinking and partying be a good idea after the trip, and do most people generally feel up for partying after a trip?
Thanxs for reading my post, all help is appreciated

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: 1st Time shroom trip general questions [Re: kamorun]
    #1990740 - 10/08/03 07:01 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

it pretty much depends on how you feel, if you take a light dose youll prolly be up for smoking constantly during the trip. Most people here take big doses 3-5 grams on average, and thats when you wont be able to do much of anything, let alone consume more drugs. ive drinken a few hours after i was done shroomin, you still get drunk, i find it a little harder to get down the beer though.

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Offlineboredboy
The Reverend DoyBuh

#1990927 - 10/08/03 08:02 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

If I were you I would go into the trip clear (read as unstoned) headed and then just start ripping on that bowl about 10-15 minutes after you start noticing the effects of the shrooms. Ive done this for all but one of my shroom trips and I think the feeling of blasting off earth faster and faster with each bowl rip is pretty enjoyable and worth the wait.

The only time i've been stoned before tripping would be my experiance at the dead show this summer, and all though I had an amazing time/trip (then again how could you not at a dead show?) I felt that the come up was strange and ambigious and I could see a greater freak out potential if you were unfamiliar with the shroom effects. Also because I was pretty damn stoned before the trip(had smoked about 1/8th of dank ass buds over a period of 3 hours) and had been toking all thru the trip/show (about another 2 grams of bud) I felt extremely tired and "cashed out" near the end of the trip, and the feeling wasnt all that pleasant.

As for the partying, I'm almost always up for a good party after a shroom trip, but I usually dont have the desire to get as drunk as I normally would. I think this is more of a personal thing tho and you will most likely have to call it with how you feel after the trip.

--------------------

Happy on the pull of the past
Just before the future comes
Hoping for the rush of some experience
That could elevate me

Up above the daily hum
-The Flaming Lips

Anonymous

Re: 1st Time shroom trip general questions [Re: boredboy]
    #1992444 - 10/09/03 07:57 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

From my personal experience i found that its possible to mix a number of drugs with schrooms. x goes down very nicely as does mescalin for extra weirdness, antidepressants are good but have a tendancy to leave you standing there asking people whats going on, everyone i know whos tripped and drank has vomited but choose ur own fate that way. Good luck have fun and remember no matter what you see or feel you just have to remember that its all a drug and not real, thats the key to never freaking out. Wel lat least in my opinion i oculd be wrong.

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Chopper Challenge

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #1993454 - 10/09/03 03:18 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i am not much of a pot smoker, ill smoke occasionally with my buds (no pun intended :grin:)if they happen to be smoking when i stop by to hang out or somethin, so my tolerance to weed is still very low.

anyway, i remember a time i was introducing a person to shrooms for the first time, we each had 3 grams dry (i recomend a similar dose fo ryour first time) if you feel a little nervous, maybe drop it down to 2 grams dry, but anything less than that is just not a very good introduction in my opinion. anyway, back to what i was saying....

i generally like to trip hard, very hard....im weird like that i guess. my average dose is usually about 6 to 7 grams dry, which is plenty to rock your world...so needless to say, the 3 gram trip i had with my bud isnt really my cup of tea (dont get me wrong, i still loved every second of it, but it could have been better) about half way into the trip we decided to smoke a bowl from my bubbler...by now hes trippin pretty good and lovin it. he took a hit, and seemed pretty much on the same path he was on before hand, but when i took my hit, as soon as i let out the smoke i went and threw up...and when i was done with that i found that for some reason, i suspect it was the weed, i was trippin about twice as hard as i was before hand. this may have to do with my low tolerance, so it might not be relevent in your situation.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineGrapefruity
Lawn Gnome
Re: 1st Time shroom trip general questions [Re: wrestler_az]
    #1996330 - 10/10/03 09:11 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

be careful about smoking pot after a trip...ive seen alot of people passing out after doin thaT including me...i don't really know why, just don't smoke too much...And drinkin beer might make you puke, cuz the mushrooms weakened your stomach a bit...and i don't know but after a trip usually, you prefer to relax, enjoy the afterglow and discuss it with friends..

Edited by Grapefruity (10/10/03 09:13 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience