Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineThe5thElement
Smile Friends :)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Has anybody been a meat eater, vegetarian, and vegan here? [Re: thelanzii]
    #19905516 - 04/27/14 12:41 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

The world isn't all sunshine and rainbows, animals eat other animals and this is ok but since people have laws and other silly examples we shouldn't eat other animals?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinespecialpeopleclub
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mitten
Re: Has anybody been a meat eater, vegetarian, and vegan here? [Re: The5thElement]
    #19905520 - 04/27/14 12:45 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Us being animals doesn't make it less painful when we kill things by the thousands daily.Of cource, we are multicellular biological organisms, but that says othing about the responsabilitt inherit in intelligence. 'Tasty treasures' lol

--------------------

Invisiblethelanzii

Re: Has anybody been a meat eater, vegetarian, and vegan here? [Re: The5thElement]
    #19905528 - 04/27/14 12:50 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

In my opinion we shouldn't eat animals because we do not need to in order to thrive.  Animals consuming each other in nature is far different process then the way we have made meat a commodity.  It is plain selfish.  Production of meat is a very inefficient and taxing process on the environment.  Google in relation to meat production topsoil erosion, methane pollution, deforestation.  The amount of food and water it takes to produce a single kilo of meat is shocking.

OfflineThe5thElement
Male User Gallery

Re: Has anybody been a meat eater, vegetarian, and vegan here? [Re: specialpeopleclub]
    #19905532 - 04/27/14 12:51 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I'm pretty sure if we don't eat them sooner or later some other animal will come along and kill them, or they'll die of disease or something else. So you're argument for not eating meat is because we cause these animals pain, and that's wrong?

OfflineSprewellSleeve
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #19905535 - 04/27/14 12:53 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

McDonald's is definitely one of the things that needs to change.

--------------------

Edited by SprewellSleeve (04/27/14 12:54 AM)

Invisiblethelanzii

#19905538 - 04/27/14 12:54 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Are you aware of what a factory farm is?  My argument for not eating meat was clearly stated in the post above.

Offlinespecialpeopleclub
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mitten
    #19905541 - 04/27/14 12:55 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

The5thElement said:
I'm pretty sure if we don't eat them sooner or later some other animal will come along and kill them, or they'll die of disease or something else. So you're argument for not eating meat is because we cause these animals pain, and that's wrong?

'because life isn't eternal, we should kill things, it isn't cruel'

--------------------

OfflineThe5thElement
Male User Gallery

#19905543 - 04/27/14 12:57 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Nemmies said:
In my opinion we shouldn't eat animals because we do not need to in order to thrive.  Animals consuming each other in nature is far different process then the way we have made meat a commodity.  It is plain selfish.  Production of meat is a very inefficient and taxing process on the environment.  Google in relation to meat production topsoil erosion, methane pollution, deforestation.  The amount of food and water it takes to produce a single kilo of meat is shocking.

I'm not convinced with this, define thrive. Do you mean survive? If so, yeah you probably have a point, still not really a reason to boycott meat.
There are multiple ways of producing meat, you're telling me every single method is devastating to the environment? Post links.

OfflineThe5thElement
Male User Gallery

#19905549 - 04/27/14 12:59 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Nemmies said:
Are you aware of what a factory farm is?  My argument for not eating meat was clearly stated in the post above.

I'm not speaking to you, reply to feature my man.

Invisiblethelanzii

Re: Has anybody been a meat eater, vegetarian, and vegan here? [Re: SprewellSleeve]
    #19905550 - 04/27/14 12:59 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

SprewellSleeve said:
McDonald's is definitely one of the things that needs to change.

its not going too.  people that eat at mcdonalds don't care about their own health, other sentient beings, and the place we call home, earth.

InvisibleCyclohexylamine
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
 User Gallery

#19905557 - 04/27/14 01:02 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

The5thElement said:
Quote:

Nemmies said:

I'm not convinced with this, define thrive. Do you mean survive? If so, yeah you probably have a point, still not really a reason to boycott meat.
There are multiple ways of producing meat, you're telling me every single method is devastating to the environment? Post links.

Quote:

The5thElement said:
The world isn't all sunshine and rainbows, animals eat other animals and this is ok but since people have laws and other silly examples we shouldn't eat other animals?

Why is it that whenever there is a topic like this, meat eaters defensively start posting off-topic to justify their meat eating?...

--------------------
Yes this is tymo - I just changed my name

Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to awake from that dream? How would you know the difference between that dream world and the real world?

There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K
Something abut that anaesthetic rush... :inlove:

Qualitative Research Chemical Effects and Experiences
The Wonderful World of Methoxetamine
The 3-Meo-PCP Chapters, Part One

OfflineThe5thElement
Male User Gallery

Re: Has anybody been a meat eater, vegetarian, and vegan here? [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #19905563 - 04/27/14 01:03 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I'm not being defensive, and how am I being off topic?

Invisiblethelanzii

#19905578 - 04/27/14 01:09 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

At the mass scale of production that occurs in the US I see no way it could ever be a sustainable process.  People involved in factory farming only care about making some coin.  Something like 20 billion animals are killed each year for meat production.  I do not mean survive I literally mean thrive.  I am talking 70 year olds that look like they are 40.  There are many vegan athletes that are vegan thriving with their lifestyles.  What I am getting at here is that humans do not have to compromise their health in order to not consume meat.

http://insideclimatenews.org/news/20090206/beef-what%E2%80%99s-not-dinner-sustainable-world

OfflineThe5thElement
Male User Gallery

Re: Has anybody been a meat eater, vegetarian, and vegan here? [Re: The5thElement] * 1
    #19905597 - 04/27/14 01:16 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, here's my whole thing.

If you wanna dispute that methods like factory farming is wrong, hell yeah I agree.

Some of you are saying that the act of killing an animal and consuming them is wrong, who are you to make such a claim?

I think that there are probably better ways to produce meat, damn rights we have a responsibility to treat animals with respect and we should go the distance to make sure every animal has a good quality of living.

Everything that lives, dies eventually. Everything goes back into the environment in some way or another.

If you guys claim straight up that eating meat is 100% wrong, and you look down on those who choose to eat it, then whatever :shrug:

OfflineThe5thElement
Male User Gallery

#19905605 - 04/27/14 01:20 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Nemmies said:
A I do not mean survive I literally mean thrive.  I am talking 70 year olds that look like they are 40.  There are many vegan athletes that are vegan thriving with their lifestyles.  What I am getting at here is that humans do not have to compromise their health in order to not consume meat.

[

That's awesome if people can be vegan and thrive, I'm sure people who consume meat can achieve the same results.  I'm not being a dick, I'm just saying.

I don't understand what you meant by "humans do not have to compromise their health in order to not consume meat".

Invisiblethelanzii

#19905610 - 04/27/14 01:23 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

The5thElement said:

I think that there are probably better ways to produce meat, damn rights we have a responsibility to treat animals with respect and we should go the distance to make sure every animal has a good quality of living.

This is an unrealistic, utopian ideal.  Australia is only grass fed meat and the animals are still treated very poorly.

OfflineThe5thElement
Male User Gallery

Re: Has anybody been a meat eater, vegetarian, and vegan here? [Re: thelanzii] * 1
    #19905614 - 04/27/14 01:24 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Nemmies said:

This is an unrealistic, utopian ideal. 

So is a world with out animals being consumed by other animals.

Invisiblethelanzii

#19905622 - 04/27/14 01:27 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

The5thElement said:
Quote:

Nemmies said:
A I do not mean survive I literally mean thrive.  I am talking 70 year olds that look like they are 40.  There are many vegan athletes that are vegan thriving with their lifestyles.  What I am getting at here is that humans do not have to compromise their health in order to not consume meat.

[

That's awesome if people can be vegan and thrive, I'm sure people who consume meat can achieve the same results.  I'm not being a dick, I'm just saying.

I don't understand what you meant by "humans do not have to compromise their health in order to not consume meat".

Exactly, vegans can achieve the same results without the consumption of meat.  That is the point.  The point I was getting at with the not having to compromise one's health by not eating meat is that if humans do not need meat to survive, then eating meat is an unnecessary, harmful process that does not support the health of the animals or the planet.

Invisiblethelanzii

#19905627 - 04/27/14 01:30 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

The5thElement said:
Quote:

Nemmies said:

This is an unrealistic, utopian ideal. 

So is a world with out animals being consumed by other animals.

We are going in circles here.  Animals killing other animals is inevitable.  Humans eating animals is unnecessary, especially since some of us are conscious enough to realize it.

OfflineThe5thElement
Male User Gallery

#19905646 - 04/27/14 01:41 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Just because humans don't need meat, like they need water to survive doesn't mean eating meat is wrong.  I don't fully agree with your views, and guessing you don't  really agree with mine.
I just wanted to chime in my opinion, thanks for sharing yours. We can keep going back and fourth but neither of us are fully right. I don't think either of us can claim that one choice or the other is 100% the correct way to go. I think the world will get along fine with the mixture of the two.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale