Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineseussman1
Stranger
HPPD worries
    #1984638 - 10/06/03 06:02 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I am a 3 time shroomer and I am currently looking to do it again but recently I have found out about a disorder, HPPD. Now is HPPD rare so I don't have to worry about it? Does it only occur at high doses? I have looked on and searched one site but nothing really answered these two questions specifically.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: HPPD worries [Re: seussman1]
    #1984689 - 10/06/03 06:20 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

its not as big of a deal as some people make it out to be, i always got tracers and lines are always swurving. i kinda enjoy it, doesnt effect my thinking one bit so im fine with it.

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflineCrass
Explorer of theMind

#1984761 - 10/06/03 06:48 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

people blow it way out of proportion... but still, theres no way of telling if you'll get it or not.

OfflineEuphoria
watch theweatherchange...

Re: HPPD worries [Re: Crass]
    #1984778 - 10/06/03 06:55 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"HPPD" ?

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: HPPD worries [Re: Euphoria]
    #1984810 - 10/06/03 07:10 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

hallucinogen perssiting perception disorder

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #1985078 - 10/06/03 08:52 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

its a risk we are all aware of, although some may choose to ignore it. yea, you could get it. usually it happens to people on bad trips i think. LSD is more likely to cause it though. actually, come to think of it, i've never heard of mushrooms causing HPPD. anywho, it realy isn't that big of a deal. but it is up to you to make the decision of whether or not it's a big deal, i guess, so go for it. lotta websites to be found about it

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: HPPD worries [Re: entiformatie]
    #1985899 - 10/07/03 01:49 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

u guys ready for a few long posts?!?!??! :laugh:

yes, hppd.. blowen outta proportion

it really depends who u are.

deep u dont have any form of hppd ur describeing one of the sole factors hppd'rs are discredited  and stuck with tittles like psychotic.(if u were to all of a sudden touch base with true hppd itd be a big fucking deal its lifelong and not everybody can handle that shit hehe(no offence man just trying to get my points across)
with hppd ur thinking and perception becomes confused, u never ground out u just feel wobbly and ..it sux the first few years but now its part of me

the propsychdelic like me arent really bothered by it much, makes life alot harder the first few years, they are hell i dunno how i coped with it at 13, instead of retreating from psychdelics i just started useing more lol , ya they are hell adjusting to the new norm takesmuch practice,
slight tracers hehe
come on man u think thats all us hppd'r experience?
i see colorful geometrix blanketing my visuals field, theirs not 1 spot in my visuion that dosent have a acid like geometric. been like this since i was 13 of this 10strip of lavender i ate, im 20 now and represent hppdonline, hppd'rs and psychonauts alike

now to people whove only done these drugs 1-2 times and hit hppd there in lyes a problem, somthing knew to u that u are now stuck with.. even the seriouse psychonauts crack under hppd's pressure. only reason i think i didnt was continueing to use psychdelics at that age, eating a few hits of acid 3 times a week made hppd become childplay.
ill post what ive posted in a thread over at bluelight recently  . this subject is long since drawn out, click the link in my signiture the hppd observations on the pro drug boards are complety ignorent , got their hppd information from erowid and heresay :P

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
BlueLight HPPD post i wrote a couple weeks ago [Re: LCid]
    #1985904 - 10/07/03 01:51 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i wrote this at 03-10-2003 21:06 in the psychdelic forum at bluelight.

u have no idea what ur talking about cause ur not involved with the hppd field, im Lucid at hppdonline ive been disscussing hppd with professionals, suffers and psychonauts alikes for multiple years.. 99% of the statments here has no basis in reality and is full of assumptions. dont just see tracers or floaters

i see geometrix images and colors dripping down walls 24/7 like i was on a psychdelic.. im not a emotional mess im not psychotic, im perfectly in grip of reality and haveperm visuals and a perm acid like feel.. but nothing intresting just burnt out..

hppd has nothing to do with other psychologicle disorders, its not a result of depression etc.. theirs not 1 spot in my visual field that dosent have somekinda acid geometric image on it, but besides that im perfectly normal(for the most part anyways)

people here need to stop talking about what they think it might be, cause your wrong. just cause u dont experience it dosent mean its not out there, for a buncha 'fellow psychonauts' i find it sad u havent even realized jsut hopw powerful these drugs are..

hppd'rs arent always high on a drug.
for thoes who dont know its not lsd that produces the psychdelic effect, lsd is just a free ticket. lsd set's off chemical reactions in the brain that produce the psychdelic effect, an effect that our brain coulda produced without it, if only it, 'opened the door' itself.
(flashbacks etc, people whoves never taken psychdelics experience this)
with hppd (in simple terms) the brain never shut the door.

hppd is real and it is what hppdonline says it is, step out of the rumors and listen to the truth. stop making comments that are full of fear, hppd is amongst us.

but not all of us feel hppd fucked up our lifes

infact i now feel it has inhanced it.!

http://www.hppdonline.com

Edited by LCid (10/07/03 01:57 AM)

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Re: BlueLight HPPD post i wrote a couple weeks ago [Re: LCid]
    #1985969 - 10/07/03 02:23 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

and to the orignol poster, hppd is extreamly rare in a survey takin for the DSM it said 10% of psychdelic users, with my boards current research and observation its more like 1% or less.

people trip as much as i have without a slight diffrence, some of us become a bit locked in the psychdelic reality and we can never get home.

if ur scared, dont abuse psychdelics, take them 2-5 times  a year or so , i feel my tripple frydays had somthing to do with my hppd but i have nothing to back that up.. expecially since some of the worst symptom hppd'rs i know(symptoms like mine) got it from 1 fucking dose.

it really depends who u are , some of the hppd community is strickly anti-drug now etc, only like 10 of us in the circle indulge still.

my Drug Use board is
http://www.hppdonline.com/board/viewforum.php?f=5

let me start this off by saying i have taken over a year break from drugs of all kind so i dont wana hear the defences to this post saying i couldent have hppd...hehe i still ingest psychadelics the year i quit was cause i drove myself insane with 1 thought "everything i loved is a lie" (first thought that came to my head on lsd) which started years of self deprogramming , self reprograming and a shitload of psychdelics., and of course hppd :laugh:
every true hppd'r with the balls to take psychdelics experience characteristics of the last psychdelic ingested in the visuals. tho after a week it comes back to hppd characteristic.. which for me is like takeing a few hits of good acid , and ur almost peaking but u never get there :frown: .

anyways

HPPD is somthing to fear!
HPPD can also be easy to learn to controll
True HPPD is a (not a fact) but all of us "sevear" hppd'rs all agree, we got the same visuals and shit weve had for years, in some cases(decades) hppd has been studied since the year i was born its nothing new and if u read up on the anti-drug doctors who gave their practice  to helping these acid burn outs find peace.

in the common out of denial opinion quit drugs or not.. HPPD will be lifelong, tho i dont remember what seeing a solid color wall or any of that sober vision was like, so id rather stay with hppd then have to adjust back to the old norm.

Edited by LCid (10/07/03 02:41 AM)

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #1986646 - 10/07/03 11:39 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

oh, i just remember. ptsd, post traumatic stress disorder. shell shock. whatever. people who went away to war, and experienced flashbacks when they came back, often quite horrifying. many people have flashbacks when they experience something quite mind-boggling or that just fucks you in the head. i'm referring to severe flashbacks here, btw. LSD and mushrooms can give you these experiences, that will give you flashbacks later, without concious notice (although there probably is something that triggered your subconcious). However, it is my belief that flashbacks are your brain's way of letting you know you have not completely let go of the experience. There are ways to treat people with PTSD, which to me means that there are ways to treat severe HPPD, like those crazy emotional flashbacks. However, when it comes to slight distortions in your vision, I don't know what to say about those, except LCid is right with his analogy about opening the door, and not closing it. You effectively do open your mind to new ways of thinking and seeing things when you take psychedelics, and I don't think most people know how to close their mind (for better or for worse, that's an opinion)

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Offlinelateralus
Re: HPPD worries [Re: entiformatie]
    #1988482 - 10/07/03 09:44 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

To the original poster... I would suggest you dont listen to any Scare Tactics, no use scaring yourself about HPPD when its really the *least* likely thing that'll happen. If youve tripped 3 times fine youll trip every time fine, excluding a bad trip. But thats common. HPPD is not.

Edited by lateralus (10/07/03 09:47 PM)

Invisibletheshiftingwalls
Divine state

Loc: Residing in thee Universa...
Re: HPPD worries [Re: lateralus]
    #1988492 - 10/07/03 09:47 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I have bad HPPD.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1988781 - 10/07/03 11:32 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Everyone I know who has tripped hundreds of times over many years have never had the slightest problem with it. I'm leaning to the belief that it's a physician suggested disorder. You read something in a book and start thinking and worrying about it and a few months later - hey presto you've got it.

Has anyone ever developed this who hadn't read about it first?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Re: HPPD worries [Re: Xlea321]
    #1988929 - 10/08/03 12:24 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

good for u guys... after all i just posted ur still gonna be this ignorent... psychdelics wernt ment for u in the first place lol.
:P

ya i got it whern i was 13 and didnt hear the words hppd untill i was 16..
i called it permafry

Edited by LCid (10/08/03 12:26 AM)

OfflineDankBluntZ
We know little
Loc: florida
Re: HPPD worries [Re: LCid]
    #1989085 - 10/08/03 01:38 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Yo Lcid, its good to see you didn't puss out on life and you just dealt the problem using common sense. You say this HPPD came along after you took 10 stamps at the age of 13. Was it a particularly bad trip im wondering? Any notable things happen during the trip that u could share or is it kinda foggy?

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: HPPD worries [Re: DankBluntZ]
    #1989445 - 10/08/03 07:58 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I think the main prob with LCids case is that he took lsd at a way to early age. The brain isnt fully developed at that age so takeing something like lsd could cause problems.

But in an a healty adult I think the brain is fully developed and that individuial is more emontionally develeoped to be able to accept psychedelic drug use. As i have usualy found that people who have taken these things at an early age generaly seem to scared to use them again in there 20s. or think psychedelics are to dangerous or scary to use.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: HPPD worries [Re: LCid]
    #1989590 - 10/08/03 09:40 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

ya i got it whern i was 13 and didnt hear the words hppd untill i was 16..

Who diagnosed you with it lcid? Self-diagnosis is fraught with errors. Get an upset tummy and read the initial symptoms of typhoid in a book and you could diagnose typhoid.

Has a medical professional actually diagnosed you? Or have you read something on a website and thought "Yeah, I've got that"?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineFlowGnome
The artistformerly knownas Boobs McFeely

Re: HPPD worries [Re: Xlea321]
    #1989877 - 10/08/03 11:39 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

13? Jesus christ. What exactly do you expect when you expose a still-developing psyche to a massive amount of drugs? Ok, to the original poster: If you're over 18 and have a stable mind, don't worry about it. If you're a young kid, don't fuck yourself up.

OfflineHugh_Jass
pantydealer
Loc: Northern Ireland
Re: HPPD worries [Re: FlowGnome]
    #1990059 - 10/08/03 12:53 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I got a touch of HPPD after my second trip(mushrooms) allthough I think I may have already had very slight symptoms since getting double the normal dose of laughing gas at the dentist when I was about 10, if thats possible.

For about 7 months after the trip, if I stared at a carpet or a worksurface with a grainy pattern or something it would breathe and ripple but it slowly faded away, distincly like I rember coming down frmo the trip. Also some halos around lights, best example was the bottons of a mobile phone in the dark. But it's gone now and I tripped 2 weeks ago with no problems since, though it wasn't a very visual trip.

Anonymous

Re: HPPD worries [Re: Hugh_Jass]
    #1990453 - 10/08/03 03:05 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

thats normal hugh...hppd is when it never goes away I believe

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract