Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleElVatoFirme
The Thread Killerâ„¢

Re: THE Race Discussion Thread: Abandon all hope, ye who enter here [Re: Crystal G]
    #19903081 - 04/26/14 12:44 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

When looking at crime, why the crime is even done should be taken into consideration.

Though this by no means justifies violent crime, or any crime for that matter, I believe many minorities, blacks in particular, lack identity.

The only thing blacks have to identify themselves is the image portrayed to them through the media.
They don't know their history.  They aren't taught their history.
They don't know what or where they come from so they have no idea where to go.

Blacks were oppressed from the time they were brought to America up until the 1960s.
And this was done by white people.  Perhaps just as it seems normal for a white person to hate a black person, maybe it's just as normal for a black person to hate a white person for the oppression.

But prior to current crime statistics, why did the white man hate black people enough to enslave them?
They must ask themselves that a lot.
Why were they not allowed to read and write?
Why weren't/aren't they taught their history?

If black people were really cared for why were the segregation laws in place at all?

That kind of oppression, that kind of known history, is probably enough to anger a person.
This anger started as self- defense, but has turned into self-mutilation.
Black culture is now gangs, drugs, and hos.
Any black person that isn't okay with gangs, drugs, or hos is a "sellout".

I am in no way saying any of this justifies negative behavior, but so much more has to be taken into consideration besides "well they commit crimes so they are bad".

--------------------
Did you know the pen
Is stronger than the knife?
And they can kill you once
But they can't kill you twice
Did you know destruction of the flesh
Is not the ending to Life?
Fear not of the Anti-Christ

- Damian Marley -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: THE Race Discussion Thread: Abandon all hope, ye who enter here [Re: Crystal G]
    #19903122 - 04/26/14 12:55 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Final time: It was not about handling a little bit of integration. I have no problem with that if the integrating group behaves. In Silicon Valley, many Vietnamese moved in nearby. There were generally quiet, polite and tidy as they took PRIDE in their homes and surrounding area; so it is not about living with different people at all.

All of the black crime committed against me (except for public high school) was from people I did NOT know. I am glad your experience differed, but then you deny mine as well as the glaring and unbiased crimes stats. I am not responding to some analogy, stereo-type, or profiling, but to direct experience that exhibits a very specific pattern.

Did you know that houses in many parts of Detroit are selling for 10 cents on the dollar? A $50,000 house for $5,000? Yes! Why do you think no one is grabbing up those amazing deals? Let me know if you need a hint.

--------------------

Edited by OrgoneConclusion (04/26/14 01:15 PM)

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
Re: THE Race Discussion Thread: Abandon all hope, ye who enter here [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #19903183 - 04/26/14 01:15 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
All of the black crime committed against me (except for public high school) was from people I did NOT know. I am glad your experience differed, but then you deny mine as well as the glaring and unbiased crimes stats.

Yes, let's talk about those crime stats. The reality of those crime stats, is that a majority of them are committed by people who know the victim. The majority of violent crime committed against the victim is also going to be by somebody who is the same race as the victim. Typically violent crime is black on black, white on white, Asian on Asian, etc. (I said majority, however it's not all obviously, such as in your anecdotes.)

But considering a large majority of crime is this way, for white people to believe they are now officially a target simply by stepping into a black neighborhood is kind of like an unbased fear of the boogey-man to me. It's sort of like being afraid of a rapist who is going to come and attack you while you are behind a dumpster in an alley. While it DOES happen on rare occasion, you should realistically be far more afraid of people that you know, since that is the most likely person who will rape or assault you.

Quote:

Did you know that houses in many parts of Detroit are selling for 10 cents on the dollar? A $50,000 house for $5,000? Yes!Why do you think no one is grabbing up those amazing deals? Let me know if you need a hint.

Yes. High crime, low housing costs, lack of jobs available, etc. And what made Detroit that way? White flight did. Detroit used to be a very nice area before white flight happened in the 1970's.

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: THE Race Discussion Thread: Abandon all hope, ye who enter here [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #19903185 - 04/26/14 01:15 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Final time: It was not about handling a little bit of integration. I have no problem with that if the integrating group behaves. In Silicon Valley, many Vietnamese moved in nearby. There were generally quiet, polite and tidy as they took PRIDE in their homes and surrounding area; so it is not about living with different people at all.

All of the black crime committed against me (except for public high school) was from people I did NOT know. I am glad your experience differed, but then you deny mine as well as the glaring and unbiased crimes stats. I am not responding to some analogy, stereo-type, or profiling, but to direct experience that exhibits a very specific pattern.

Did you know that houses in many parts of Detroit are selling for 10 cents on the dollar? A $50,000 house for $5,000? Yes!Why do you think no one is grabbing up those amazing deals? Let me know if you need a hint.

Because they are racist?

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: THE Race Discussion Thread: Abandon all hope, ye who enter here [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #19903204 - 04/26/14 01:20 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

As a landlord and house flipper, you should love those bargain prices. All you need to add is window bars, barbed wire, searchlights, a police dog run, some guards and a tower or two.

--------------------

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

#19903214 - 04/26/14 01:22 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
As a landlord and house flipper, you should love those bargain prices. All you need to add is window bars, barbed wire, searchlights, a police dog run, some guards and a tower or two.

But at least I am guaranteed $500 a month from HUD Section 8.  It's a mixed bag...

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#19903234 - 04/26/14 01:28 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

And what made Detroit that way? White flight did.

So whenever I move there is a crime wake behind me filling up the vacuum? I honestly cannot follow you on this point.

--------------------

Invisibleliquidlounge

Re: THE Race Discussion Thread: Abandon all hope, ye who enter here [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #19903268 - 04/26/14 01:36 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Let's do it Loooney!

--------------------
As far as I assume to know...

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Re: THE Race Discussion Thread: Abandon all hope, ye who enter here [Re: liquidlounge]
    #19903339 - 04/26/14 01:52 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

liquidlounge said:
Let's do it Loooney!

Can you shoot a black person with no regrets if you have to?

--------------------

Invisibleliquidlounge

#19903365 - 04/26/14 01:59 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Pick a situation. I would obviously feel ambivalent.

--------------------

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Re: THE Race Discussion Thread: Abandon all hope, ye who enter here [Re: liquidlounge]
    #19903383 - 04/26/14 02:05 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Well, I would opt not to buy property downtown in any "bad" area of town, unless I had a real reason to invest there.  Nothing racist, just common sense.  People really do vandalize places, and it costs money to the home owner.  It's tougher to rent in a high crime area and get a "good" tenant.  Who wants to live where they are probably going to be mugged or beat up. 

Oh wait that's OC's argument.

Hell yeah, LL, but we gonna buy it for a dollar and rent it for more.

--------------------

Invisibleliquidlounge

#19903442 - 04/26/14 02:25 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Well, I would opt not to buy property downtown in any "bad" area of town, unless I had a real reason to invest there.  Nothing racist, just common sense.  People really do vandalize places, and it costs money to the home owner.  It's tougher to rent in a high crime area and get a "good" tenant.  Who wants to live where they are probably going to be mugged or beat up.

Humans at the bottom need to live somewhere as well.

Hell yeah, LL, but we gonna buy it for a dollar and rent it for more.

Yer company?

--------------------

OfflineCrumist
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#19903586 - 04/26/14 03:15 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Exactly, if the whites never left and instead accepted a little bit of racial integration, the housing rates would never have plummeted and it would not have turned into a high-risk community with a lot of crime.

If that is what you would do with your family, supposing OC's description of his childhood neighborhood is accurate and objective, many kudos to you. I am ashamed, but if I am very honest I think I would flee from an increasingly violent neighborhood.

I wonder why the discussion hasn't really brought up that there are plenty of shitty all-white communities rife with meth, biker gangs, domestic violence, and the like?

Also, what is with the huge hypotheticals? Crystal G, you wouldn't know that other factors wouldn't have caused a what happened to OC's community? OC, you claim to have had many violent encounters with blacks. I can see you hold your views and even can see them as justifiable. That doesn't make them correct or empirically supportable. The whole "people of X race can't go into Y part of town" that you hold to be true is a load of bullshit "common knowledge" known as fact by every high schooler around the nation. Black kids can be just as afraid of walking around rural America late at night as you seem to be of venturing into the ghetto.

Michael Moore's "Bowling for Columbine" looks into this a little bit, but I would guess many of you would be opposed to both the means and the message. Even I agree Michael Moore is an asshole.

EDIT: Also, crime that rich people commit (read over-represented by whitey) is less violent, more subtle, punished less harshly, and magnitudes more damaging than the shit poor people do (read over-represented by blacks and latinos).

--------------------
'I am all for resources being allocated to the widowed single mother of 3, lost husband over seas fighting for our country. I am for vets getting mental health access and resources following war. I am not for free money cause a woman can't close her legs or some chump with low testosterone no going to work cause "i'm sad."' -finalexplosion
Nice knowin ya'll! https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23904704/vc/1#23904704

Edited by Crumist (04/26/14 03:27 PM)

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: THE Race Discussion Thread: Abandon all hope, ye who enter here [Re: liquidlounge] * 2
    #19903604 - 04/26/14 03:26 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Blacks who come here from the Caribbean are disproportionately likely to start their own business's. They view the U.S. as the land of opportunity. They don't share the attitude of being victims.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: THE Race Discussion Thread: Abandon all hope, ye who enter here [Re: Crumist]
    #19903646 - 04/26/14 03:37 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I wonder why the discussion hasn't really brought up that there are plenty of shitty all-white communities rife with meth, biker gangs, domestic violence, and the like?

I am sure they exist, but they are not in the scope of my personal experience thus I cannot comment except hypothetically.

LE may have something to say on tweekers - his favorite kind of tenant.

Those that perceive me as racist may or may not be surprised that I voted for Obama the first term, but he broke almost every campaign promise and lost my respect.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: THE Race Discussion Thread: Abandon all hope, ye who enter here [Re: Brian Jones]
    #19903652 - 04/26/14 03:38 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
Blacks who come here from the Caribbean are disproportionately likely to start their own business's. They view the U.S. as the land of opportunity. They don't share the attitude of being victims.

As was my experience with the lady from Trinidad, one of the poorest of all the islands.

--------------------

Invisibleliquidlounge

#19903668 - 04/26/14 03:42 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

:shakefist:

--------------------

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

#19903738 - 04/26/14 03:59 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Quote:

I am sure they exist, but they are not in the scope of my personal experience thus I cannot comment except hypothetically.

LE may have something to say on tweekers - his favorite kind of tenant.

Those that perceive me as racist may or may not be surprised that I voted for Obama the first term, but he broke almost every campaign promise and lost my respect.

Dude, no offense, but consider where you live.  Do you think nobody in "the park" is a tweeker?  That would be a first. 

I would venture the association between meth and crime, is far greater than the connection of black and crime.  Now crack cocaine, that's different.  At least where I am seems everyone in the slam for drugs is either meth, or heroin.  Usually meth.  They are horrible thieves, at least where I roam.

We don't have black folks up here, they never came.  Whites must have run to the PNW from LA or something.  I mean we have a few token blacks.  But mexicanos, that's another story entirely.

The biggest concern renting to mexicans?  The last time, it was literally 7 people for a 2 br house.  I said you know what, I can't clean that much grease after you folks move.  Yard work?  Yeah right dream on.  Have a better chance of tweeker mowing the first time before he took it apart and tried to "fix" it, at least...

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #19903779 - 04/26/14 04:14 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

LunarEclipse said:
Quote:

Lion said:
Quote:

LunarEclipse said:
The part that's funny is you actually believe it when CNBC calls New York "the financial capital of the world".

New York is the financial capital.  Beijing isn't even close.  Singapore, Hong Kong, and Tokyo are all bigger Asian financial centers than Beijing.  And Shanghai is mainland China's financial hub.

London has so much more money stashed away there than NY ever will it's not even funny.  Really financially powerful people don't show up on the Forbes list.  What do you define as capital then?  Where things trade?  Or where there is the bulk of the money and control.

So, unless I am mistaken, China holds a lot more US Treasuries, has a trade surplus every month at our expense, and is accumulating mass holdings of other wealth including metals, minerals, and oil.  Has an export economy, a cheap labor force, and is growing at 7%.  Are you arguing that NYC and the US is somehow still a more powerful financial force than China?

China holds about 8% of US debt.  That's it.  The US has almost twice the GDP of China despite having less than one third the population.  The UK has less than a sixth the GDP of the US.  Every business entity of note has a presence in NYC

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #19903792 - 04/26/14 04:19 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Zappa, name a black community that always was black. Even Watts and Detroit used to be white suburban communities. I am sayibg discrimination caused these communities to fall.

What discrimination?  It is not discriminatory for people to move out of a community.  Are you really arguing that there is a critical mass of Caucasian inhabitants necessary for a community to succeed?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale