Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechisox100
Future Shaman
Male
Loc: Edmonton, AB
Psilocybin content of overgrown mushrooms
    #19879138 - 04/21/14 05:43 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I was in the midst of a flush when i had to leave my house to spend two days at my parents for Easter. Upon returning I had mushrooms bigger than i've ever let them grow before. I remember hearing somewhere that once the veil tears on the caps the psilocybin content stays the same no matter how much bigger the mushrooms get. Is this true? If so how can i properly calculate doses with oversized mushrooms then?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Loc: Diving into Mystical Territori...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybin content of overgrown mushrooms [Re: chisox100] * 1
    #19879148 - 04/21/14 05:45 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

You're overthinking it. Just eat some. Like RR has said before, scales are for little girls. Muhrooms are food.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:
If you're offended I don't give a shit and don't come see me no more.

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

Invisiblepterapharma
Stranger
Loc: west-midwest
Re: Psilocybin content of overgrown mushrooms [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #19879471 - 04/21/14 06:54 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

you are over thinking it. ive notice a general trend where the smaller fruits are more potant per weight but that is all subjective and anecdotal and there could be (and probably is) a multitude of factors that contribute, genetics in particular if it was a MS grow. eat them bad boys like you normally would, and if you are worried about under dosing then bump it up another half gram

or do it like RR does and just eat them untill you are full

Invisiblerefried

#19879479 - 04/21/14 06:55 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I've had some that got mushy and black from spores I think.  Anyway, ate them after dehydrating and got high.  So, I'd say they're okay even if way ripe.

Edited by refried (04/21/14 06:56 PM)

InvisibleJ. Jack Flash
stranger than ever.

#19879845 - 04/21/14 07:47 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

36fuckin5 said:
You're overthinking it. Just eat some. Like RR has said before, scales are for little girls. Muhrooms are food.

um, guess i'm a pussy, cause that's retarded.  scales are for people who want to be able to more or less quantify the experience being distributed to friends when they ask how much they should take.  ya can't tell people you love, "just eat a handful."  this is a stunningly powerful substance, and it's irresponsible to disregard measured dosage, especially for those lacking much experience with it.

of course, that's just my opinion.  feel free to disagree.

--------------------

the j stands for jesus.
2020 new years grow along

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybin content of overgrown mushrooms [Re: J. Jack Flash]
    #19879902 - 04/21/14 07:56 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

J. Jack Flash said:
um, guess i'm a pussy, cause that's retarded.  scales are for people who want to be able to more or less quantify the experience being distributed to friends when they ask how much they should take.  ya can't tell people you love, "just eat a handful."  this is a stunningly powerful substance, and it's irresponsible to disregard measured dosage, especially for those lacking much experience with it.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

InvisibleMudaFuka
Poppin bottles
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybin content of overgrown mushrooms [Re: FooMan]
    #19880084 - 04/21/14 08:40 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I guess I'm a dick. I usually just throw a big bag on the table and tell my friends to take a handful.

--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   

OfflineMr.Sir
Psilosopher

Re: Psilocybin content of overgrown mushrooms [Re: MudaFuka]
    #19880120 - 04/21/14 08:46 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

FooMan said:
Quote:

J. Jack Flash said:

^^This is true...
Quote:

MudaFuka said:
I guess I'm a dick. I usually just throw a big bag on the table and tell my friends to take a handful.

This is the norm for me and my friends too though haha (should be noted that I am more careful about measured dosing with newcomers!)

Offlinevikingsc
Mushroom Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: British Columbia, Canada Flag
Re: Psilocybin content of overgrown mushrooms [Re: Mr.Sir]
    #19880327 - 04/21/14 09:29 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

That doesn't make you a dick. That makes you the life of the party.

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybin content of overgrown mushrooms [Re: vikingsc]
    #19880382 - 04/21/14 09:38 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

:shrug:

I like the unknown doses a little better, honestly. I can eyeball reasonably well (within a gram at least) and if you don't know exactly how much you took you can be ready for whatever.

I'm also on Tim Leary's team when it comes to high doses being easier to handle than low ones though. Once you eat enough you can't fight it anymore, which is most peoples' problem, unless they already had problems. As long as your set & setting is right, nothing bad can really happen.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybin content of overgrown mushrooms [Re: MudaFuka]
    #19880425 - 04/21/14 09:44 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Maybe I'm a dick, but you guys must not be growing very potent shrooms if eating a handful isn't a scary thought. Just sayin.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

InvisibleMudaFuka
Poppin bottles
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #19880427 - 04/21/14 09:44 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

36fuckin5 said:
I'm also on Tim Leary's team when it comes to high doses being easier to handle than low ones though. Once you eat enough you can't fight it anymore, which is most peoples' problem, unless they already had problems. As long as your set & setting is right, nothing bad can really happen.

:whathesaid::thumbup:

--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #19880432 - 04/21/14 09:46 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I'm kinda in both camps. If its ms or something I know is pretty potent, I proceed with some caution. I have had some cubes where 2 grams was too much for me, I would never give those to my wife for instance. However sometimes I just get stoopid. Like with sclerotia, I usually just start munchin till I feel it, and expect others to do the same :crazy2:

InvisibleMudaFuka
Poppin bottles
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybin content of overgrown mushrooms [Re: FooMan] * 1
    #19880455 - 04/21/14 09:51 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

FooMan said:
Maybe I'm a dick, but you guys must not be growing very potent shrooms if eating a handful isn't a scary thought. Just sayin.

My fruits have been insanely potent. I just find anything less than a completely mind raping trip to be unsatisfying.

--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybin content of overgrown mushrooms [Re: FooMan]
    #19880458 - 04/21/14 09:51 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

FooMan said:

I'll do it with Pans, Galindois (fruitbodies and sclerotia) and Ovoids. Obviously I shoot for much less than 3-4 grams with exotics unless I really wanna get nuts. Set & setting is everything.

I'm sure it has a lot to do with my experience too. I spent 6 straight months on LSD. I spent a month on 5-MeO-AMT, I spent about 2 months on mushrooms, I've spent weeks on end on MXE. And I mean from dose with my first cig, maybe give it a half hour to wake up, then time it out so I just sober up long enough to sleep enough to get by. This overload I gave myself helps me guide other people.

I find that when you've got a noob on your hands and you've eaten twice as much as they did and you're still perfectly fine, it tends to calm their nerves. They think "Well he ate a lot, I must have only gotten a little."

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:

Pat The Bunny said:

bodhisatta said:

OfflineWhoManBeing
PsychedelicYogi
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Psilocybin content of overgrown mushrooms [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #19880521 - 04/21/14 10:00 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

if was told was eating this amount and was comfortable with that said number's weight, but in actuality it was of larger amount, would probably not worry having eaten to much.  i guess to be expecting the daydream and coming onto that daydream wether be 3 or 5 grams, the daydream be.

be interesting to a new comer if something along the lines gone like this.  say friend looking for the mushroom experience and very enthusiastic for what to come.  you got the bag and just offer him a handful, which he takes smiling.  he not worried for the exact amount, but has his sight on the experience to come, would probably not be fettering over having ate 5g and not 4.  you know?  for instance, did anyone really know the weight of the first time they eaten shrooms?  or knowledge of how much lie on that magical peace of paper?

--------------------
Hip, hip... WhoRAy!!!

Eye was thinking the other day...  ahh, thinking never done me no good.

OfflineAsuraS
Cyantist

Loc: Texas
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybin content of overgrown mushrooms [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #19880620 - 04/21/14 10:15 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
I have had some cubes where 2 grams was too much for me, I would never give those to my wife for instance.

I lemon tek'd 2g of pan cyans and lost my shit. 2g of cubes? Perfect dose for a mellow trip. I guess I get what people were saying. I'd eat a handful wet, but not a handful dry.

InvisibleJ. Jack Flash
stranger than ever.

Re: Psilocybin content of overgrown mushrooms [Re: WhoManBeing]
    #19880647 - 04/21/14 10:21 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

interesting points, all.  my largest dose so far was 3g whole plus about 6g worth in lemonade, all cubes.  never lost reality, but it tried getting scary.  guess i just meant when it comes to guiding the somewhat uninitiated, telling them to just chow down till they think it's enough is... i don't know what but not totally cool.  but if it's a crowd of usual suspects, they get it themselves.

thinking about it, my most intense trip so far was from just about 4g, powdered in chocolate form.  for a short time i could see nothing but flowing neon paisley everything, and i had to kill the music to make it stop.  i can't imagine if that had been my first experience.

i can also say with certainty, what i've been growing has been much stronger than any i'd scored in the past.  once again, no substitute for experience.

--------------------

the j stands for jesus.
2020 new years grow along

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybin content of overgrown mushrooms [Re: J. Jack Flash]
    #19880663 - 04/21/14 10:24 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

J. Jack Flash said:
i can also say with certainty, what i've been growing has been much stronger than any i'd scored in the past.  once again, no substitute for experience.

Homegrown mushrooms are almost always more potent than the shit you get from some random hippie. Like any food, freshness makes all the difference.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:

Pat The Bunny said:

bodhisatta said:

OfflineMike4
Stranger
Re: Psilocybin content of overgrown mushrooms [Re: chisox100]
    #21871770 - 06/29/15 02:05 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

So these are ok ?

These where my previous flush pick. Potency should be bigger ?

OfflineYaMoonSun
The Double Standard

Loc: NY
Re: Psilocybin content of overgrown mushrooms [Re: Mike4]
    #21871795 - 06/29/15 02:16 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Looks good to me, but maybe start your own thread instead of resurfacing year old threads? Just a thought.

InvisibleMad Season
hookers and blackjack
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybin content of overgrown mushrooms [Re: Mike4]
    #21871797 - 06/29/15 02:17 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Test them yourself and stop bumping old threads. I'd seriously take that shit with a grain of salt though. I took a 4 gram super mature mushroom thinking it'd be like an 8th. Turned out to be like 7g of some others. It was retardedly potent. It's more genetic based over maturity based.

--------------------
contam and car window art
How to shroomery like a pro! (Seriously, everyone read this!)
Improve your sterile techniques! (A comprehensive guide to agar)
Links upon links of literally EVERYTHING UP TO DATE

AMU Q&A
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

OfflineYaMoonSun
The Double Standard

Loc: NY
Re: Psilocybin content of overgrown mushrooms [Re: Mad Season]
    #21871801 - 06/29/15 02:19 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Makes me almost want to take agar transfers of every shroom and test them each individually; Seems quite time consuming though. :shrug:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds