Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetombosley8
Full on... Bossley Baggins
 User Gallery

Re: Spawn Bags [Re: lighthead]
    #19916558 - 04/29/14 12:07 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

the sleeve could make a not so tight seal if zip tied and it does not work 100% for filtering contams. The sleeve makes a tight seal while cooling after pcing so the bags stay sterile until inoc. Also when removing the sleeve you let air into the bag that the mycelium needs to colonise.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Loc: Diving into Mystical Territori...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Spawn Bags [Re: blindingleaf]
    #19916844 - 04/29/14 01:26 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

blindingleaf said:
Quote:

But LC sucks and there's a reason you only have one person saying that they use it.

:lol: ......
lc sucks when u don't do it right. i agree g2g is better, and faster.  yes I'm one person.  I'm positive there are others tho.  lets not hate on a hobby, ok?  we each grow how we want.  i agree we should advice against things that are tricky, LC is one of them.  no need to hate on it tho.  better to advice how to do it right!!  like not use spores to start it, or live tissue.  and to always test on agar.  and yes i know the argument about then u have to let it colonize.grow and test it and all that.  cool dude, i like this stuff for fun man, I'm not running a business here.
i will always make sure i give an advisory statement when commenting on LC, i don't think thats wrong.  i think thats informing ppl on the pros and cons.  the cons can often outweigh the pros, especially when u don't use agar or have sterile technique down.  thats no reason to put it down in certain situations.

ok cool, said my peace, u gonna flame me now?

I don't flame people unless they attack me. I just explain why I don't like ideas in a blunt manner.

I don't like the idea of LC because it just doesn't work out that often. I've tried to do exactly what you're proposing. It's about a 50/50 shot.

See, you don't just have to test it once. You have to test your LC every time you use it. And half the time it's dirty before you even go to test it. You can't just see that your LC is clean, even if it looks clean.

I give advice that works 100% of the time (when you do it right anyway) and LC just doesn't fit that qualification. Hobby, business, whatever - I want shit to just work. If I tell people LC is cool and that you just have to test it, some are gonna try it, fail for 6 straight months and quit.

Always keep in mind the people without accounts when you give advice. They read this too, and there are more of them.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:
If you're offended I don't give a shit and don't come see me no more.

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

Offlineflyingfurther
Male

Re: Spawn Bags [Re: lighthead]
    #20117916 - 06/12/14 04:23 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

awesome thread

OfflineSiliconGhost
The Chem GUy
Male User Gallery

Loc: US
Re: Spawn Bags [Re: flyingfurther]
    #20737874 - 10/22/14 12:46 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I've looked all over the site, I know it's a long shot. Where the hell can I find tyvek for the spawn bags? I'd rather not buy a roll of the stuff.

--------------------
---------SILICONGHOST---------

All posts involve edible mushroom varieties. No controlled substances

Magnetic Stirring Hot Plates for Sale/Trade. :pm: Me

OfflinePoint78
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Spawn Bags [Re: SiliconGhost]
    #20739983 - 10/22/14 07:52 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I use large size, .5micron filter bags.

I put about 5qts wbs in there, usual 24hr soak, boil, then steam dry till just not wet-usually 1hr when hanging in a 5gal paint strainer bag.

Load seed in bag, put tyvek strip in-I cut strips from some leftover construction jobs. (The tyvek acts as a filter.  As the bag cools, it draws air in-through the tyvek.

Accordion fold, stack with plate on top.

Pressure cook 3 hrs.  I'm at 9200'.  My AA921, with the 15lb weight, only holds 11-13lbs, depending on the day.

Let cool overnight, then use a tall sab & dump in a colonized QT jar. (Pull tyvek out first)

I close the bags with some plastic clip/tubing things I found online at one of the  myco suppliers.

The bags always look really wet when removed from the pressure cooker-too wet.  After dumbing the qt jar in & sealing the bag-I mix it all together.  After mixing, the bags don't look to wet anymore.

Edited by Point78 (10/22/14 08:18 PM)

OfflinePoint78
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Spawn Bags [Re: Point78]
    #20740012 - 10/22/14 07:59 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Silicon-if any of your friends work in home construction they can get you some leftover tyvek.

OfflinePoint78
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #20740197 - 10/22/14 08:45 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

If you don't have any friends in home construction, here's what to do.

Pretty much all newly built homes are wrapped in tyvek-its the white paper looking stuff on the outside, just before they put the siding, or whatever on.

Depending on where you live-if your inner city-find a dead rat, a little more rural-road kill squirrel, raccoon, etc. (it's gotta be fresh)

Find new construction house that is wrapped, but not finished yet.

Remove a section of the tyvek-but don't use scissors or a knife.  You wanna make it look like the road kill animal ate the tyvek.

Place the animal about 10' away, in a high traffic area where it will be seen.  Tear up some really small strips of the tyvek (like the animal has eaten it) and place around/in the mouth of the road kill.

Should be good to go-people will think the animal ate the tyvek and won't be looking for you-if it somehow goes sideways-deny everything...  :wink:

Or you can order off eBay, I just looked, found it sold by the foot-$1.90 per foot (9' wide roll), plus shipping.

Edited by Point78 (10/22/14 09:04 PM)

OfflineSiliconGhost
The Chem GUy
Male User Gallery

Loc: US
    #20740620 - 10/22/14 10:14 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Dude. That's the best answer I've gotten this whole time. Plus I was laughing super hard as I read. Thanks a lot man!

--------------------
---------SILICONGHOST---------

All posts involve edible mushroom varieties. No controlled substances

Magnetic Stirring Hot Plates for Sale/Trade. :pm: Me

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Spawn Bags [Re: SiliconGhost]
    #20740686 - 10/22/14 10:26 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

why is it anytime tyvek get's mentioned it's criminal?"dude go get it from the post office""steal it from a construction sight":laugh2: i'm just kidding...sorta

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale