Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Paul Stamets

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNTTG_Hunter
Hunter

Loc: USA
? About Substrate Mixture
    #1986980 - 10/07/03 03:56 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Just curious if anyone has had any luck (using the BRF tek) but mixing in Fresh Brown Rice (whole) in with the store bought BRFlour. A friend of mine has had good luck with the store bought flour, but was wondering if the whole BR mixed in with the medium would not only allow for better airation (which would allow for faster colonization times) but also act as a Supplement (adding valuable nutrients to increase flushes and mycelium strength) A friend was going to try this out and will post results, but was also curious as to what the community thought. To him it seems similar in function as using saw dust and chunks of wood debris. Also note that the pc'ing time must be duplicated (according to stamets)

--------------------
Look, I've Never Had A Dream In My Life,
Because A Dream Is What You Wanna Do;
But Still Haven't Persued. -Aesop Rock

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblestarseed
professional lurker

Re: ? About Substrate Mixture [Re: NTTG_Hunter]
    #1987011 - 10/07/03 04:04 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

a foaf uses whole grain brown rice in his mixture, with optimal results...
there are more ingredients used tho.. but yeah ou shouldnt have any problem using the whole grains, and i do think it will help with airation.. provided that the mixture is not made too wet...

--------------------
:poison::poison:                                  :poison::poison::poison:                                  :poison::poison:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Paul Stamets

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation